Statue Arhian Head Huntress - ARH Studios 1:4 An ARH Original Statue-NSFW

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So does the paint rub occur even with the statue wrapped in plastic?

Always thought the plastic bag that the statue was put into protected it from paint rub.

So does the paint rub occur even with the statue wrapped in plastic?

Always thought the plastic bag that the statue was put into protected it from paint rub.
I'm not sure if all of them were shipped the same way but my statue body did not have a plastic bag around it; there was only a very thin tissue (not the kind Sideshow sometimes uses) that didn't even fit all the way around her.

I'm not sure if all of them were shipped the same way but my statue body did not have a plastic bag around it; there was only a very thin tissue (not the kind Sideshow sometimes uses) that didn't even fit all the way around her.

Same here. The tissue was practically worthless. No plastic at all.
I feel bad for arh, this really is a spectacular piece, if not for the shipping damage. I haven't contacted arh yet, I'm almost afraid of what I'd get back after shipping it twice more.

Oh man, yea, having the statue wrapped in plastic would definitely help prevent paint rub. Didn't realize tissue paper was used.

That is enough to make a grown man cry. You have my sympathy. I don't know if you watched their most recent video on Youtube trying to address these issues but they said the paint from the factory was fine; it's the styro-foam the statue was shipped in that caused the rub. Now, to me, that is no excuse, I mean how else was it going to be shipped? They chose to use that material, they need to step up and take responsibility for a bad design choice. Good luck getting a replacement.

Yes, it certainly was very disappointing to open the statue and find all of those paint rubs after waiting over a year for it. I saw their video and I agree that the factory paint was fine and that shipping caused the rubs but to blame it on Styrofoam material is ridiculous. The problem is poor design of the packaging. For there to be rubs the statue obviously had to move around in the packaging. If the packaging was designed properly the statue would not have moved. Unfortunately BBTS does not have any more statues to offer a replacement. Any replacement probably would have been the same anyway. I will never again pre order any ARH piece.

I've gotten several statues that have high density styrofoam in the packaging. They did not break or rub in shipping. The lesser density styro resulted in a few breakage in their Alexander and bucephalus statues.

Averone is a huge collector and he has received many, many statues in various packing environments. I find it hard to believe that ARH cannot figure out how to ship their products securely.

This was the very first time ARH tried the stryo, and to be sure the factory did not test it enough from all indications this was exactly what Arahom and the crew wanted to avoid in the first place. Arhian was actually the only one that went out with this type of stryro. Not much to do now but take these back and repaint in house. It is up to the crew to determine whats the best form of action, some may be just replaced entirely.
What packing was simply to be a new step up and better packing going forward, turned out to be the most problematic of the bunch.

Yes limitations may cause ARH Studios to look into other factory productions for upcoming statues. The test sample of the Frazetta all look good, and they arrived without damage. This time they ship a few first to make sure there are no issues.

Grphyx1, with most of these factories the minimum requirement for making the boxes is orders of 300 or more, as you can tell by looking at ES, ARH does extremely very low ES so to engineer and produce 300 boxes for what ends up being 150 makes no sense.
Arhian was sales of 300 and more which made this possible for the first time. You know the rest of the story.

I'm really worried about ARH. With all the Alexander statues being Broke, the paint Rub Issues, the Recall of the entire 2014 line and a Website where I can't pay my flex payments. Its a mess. Its a lot for a small company to overcome.

I'm really worried about ARH. With all the Alexander statues being Broke, the paint Rub Issues, the Recall of the entire 2014 line and a Website where I can't pay my flex payments. Its a mess. Its a lot for a small company to overcome.

I hope Ehren gets on here an reassures you. I went over and saw the sample made factory Frazetta sitting there and the factory is now aware that they need to get it right. Yes they have been worned. About the issues, ARH is taking care of them one by one. Not much to do but keeping your word and fixing what happened here will be enough for most of the guys who buy ARH Collectibles. For those who bought these, Arahom will make sure you are %100 satisfied with the product at the end. He will hand paint and sign each one and send them back, no cost to the customer. About the internationals I am unsure, but there may be something can be done so you dont pay doubly the tax, you only need to ask for a solution.
Remember guys Arahom wanted the Arahian to be done right, its his work. What I can say is that Arahom and ARH Studios will stand behind the work they do.

What I want to do is test ship a statue to myself and then again to the studio once the factory is done, then BEFORE they get mailed out I will put up videos and photos so you guys see exactly what you get. Unfortunately these slipped my grasp and I dont even have one yet.

About this Arhians, not much to say but what has been said before, ARH has first apologized and second offered to try to fix the problems that they having right now with the quality of these recently delivered products.

Now to show you whats going on and to be fair all companies are having issues with factory quality. Although Im absolutely not excusing ARH Studios, or the misfortune of having issues with their factories, I wanted to point out that they are not alone these days.
Ok to show you a prime and recent example, just got my Pred from Sideshow Toy, and yes I paid $1200 for a toy! :slap
And this is what I got from SSC. I had to spend another $300+ to have it repainted (posted pics in other threads) just to get it to what is acceptable to me.

Proto...

View attachment 237461

Sideshows 'production' piece...

View attachment 237462

What was actually sent out to me.

View attachment 237463

As you can see the fact is that companies even try to do their best efforts they sometimes fall short. If you remember this statue was delayed and then canceled and then again produced with a larger ES than initially said.
Now you guys know what happened to Arhian right? The paint rubs are due to the syro and not enough plastic or protection. What happened is sometimes not known till the final product gets shipped out.
Are these people happy with this $1,200+ product? I wasn't, but I am not sending it back, I paid a painter to paint it for me. ARH Studios is painting or repainting FREE! I wonder what will happen if I call in and ask SSC to do this for me? Well, I already know this answer and you might guess what it may be.

Im not trying to say that SSC is not capable of great products, but I am telling you that ARH Studios will stand behind their products till your satisfied.

Life sized sculpt that arrived to you in styrofoam with no paint rubs to the extent shown on arhian huntress and it was not broken?

Not knocking you or your integrity to the collecting world averone. You are the only one communicating right now. I think you have possibly one of the best collections hands down, but it still strikes me as odd that styrofoam packing in this day and age can delay and cause so much damage. I'll be honest I only have one ARH piece on order and it was delayed (according to a newsletter) due to incorrect styro packing. So forgive my skepticism when I see some pics and responses deflecting the issue. At this point you could wrap the statues in bubble wrap and ship them in a plain cardboard box if that'll ensure them getting out the door:)

Now to show you whats going on and to be fair all companies are having issues with factory quality. Although Im absolutely not excusing ARH Studios, or the misfortune of having issues with their factories, I wanted to point out that they are not alone these days.
Ok to show you a prime and recent example, just got my Pred from Sideshow Toy, and yes I paid $1200 for a toy! :slap
And this is what I got from SSC. I had to spend another $300+ to have it repainted (posted pics in other threads) just to get it to what is acceptable to me.

Proto...

View attachment 237461

Sideshows 'production' piece...

View attachment 237462

What was actually sent out to me.

View attachment 237463

As you can see the fact is that companies even try to do their best efforts they sometimes fall short. If you remember this statue was delayed and then canceled and then again produced with a larger ES than initially said.
Now you guys know what happened to Arhian right? The paint rubs are due to the syro and not enough plastic or protection. What happened is sometimes not known till the final product gets shipped out.
Are these people happy with this $1,200+ product? I wasn't, but I am not sending it back, I paid a painter to paint it for me. ARH Studios is painting or repainting FREE! I wonder what will happen if I call in and ask SSC to do this for me? Well, I already know this answer and you might guess what it may be.

Im not trying to say that SSC is not capable of great products, but I am telling you that ARH Studios will stand behind their products till your satisfied.

Last edited:

Woah dude, it's not the ****ing apocalypse. There wasn't a recall and it's nowhere near that bad. Go look for drama elsewhere ;p

Life sized sculpt that arrived to you in styrofoam with no paint rubs to the extent shown on arhian huntress and it was not broken?

Not knocking you or your integrity to the collecting world averone. You are the only one communicating right now. I think you have possibly one of the best collections hands down, but it still strikes me as odd that styrofoam packing in this day and age can delay and cause so much damage. I'll be honest I only have one ARH piece on order and it was delayed (according to a newsletter) due to incorrect styro packing. So forgive my skepticism when I see some pics and responses deflecting the issue. At this point you could wrap the statues in bubble wrap and ship them in a plain cardboard box if that'll ensure them getting out the door:)

The pred wasn't life-sized, it was 1/4th. It did have damages for some actually (as usual), preds are notorious for having some weak spots. Also SS coped out and didn't include the quills which is also a possible breakage point. Delays suck, the reasons why also might be a little fudged but I'm not worried about it. I don't know a single producer that doesn't have some delays atm.

Can't believe you guys are still bitching after this has been said, more than once:

For those who bought these, Arahom will make sure you are %100 satisfied with the product at the end. He will hand paint and sign each one and send them back, no cost to the customer.

That's incredibly courteous, and not something any other collectible company would do, especially Sideshow.

at this point, the frazetta piece I have ordered through ARH is the only large statue I have on preorder. It'll get here when it gets here, it is fully paid. I'm in a bad mental space and everything is just irritating me. I probably should preface every post with that disclaimer:)

Woah dude, it's not the ****ing apocalypse. There wasn't a recall and it's nowhere near that bad. Go look for drama elsewhere ;p

The pred wasn't life-sized, it was 1/4th. It did have damages for some actually (as usual), preds are notorious for having some weak spots. Also SS coped out and didn't include the quills which is also a possible breakage point. Delays suck, the reasons why also might be a little fudged but I'm not worried about it. I don't know a single producer that doesn't have some delays atm.

at this point, the frazetta piece I have ordered through ARH is the only large statue I have on preorder. It'll get here when it gets here, it is fully paid. I'm in a bad mental space and everything is just irritating me. I probably should preface every post with that disclaimer:)

ARH had no indication that the factory would drop the ball. Now about this Frazetta line, I want to make sure its done right. Im going to get myself more involved with the factory to give them pointers, yes I can do that. I think a few small improvements to packing will go a long way. I wish to be up to par and I dont think ARH Studios will be happy any other way.
As I also said I will get ARH to send me one copy immediately after the production, we will open it together and you can see exactly what you getting. This way you get to see the sample right off the production line before it gets to you. What statue is on order for you?

Last edited:
For those who bought these, Arahom will make sure you are %100 satisfied with the product at the end. He will hand paint and sign each one and send them back, no cost to the customer.

This is great news for those that bought directly from ARH. Those of us that bought from other sources have no option but to return for refund. I'm really bummed about that since I really wanted this statue. I also had #300 of 300 which I thought was cool. Now I have none of 300.

I have Atlantis on order. As soon as it went up I ordered it. the NYCC version.

ARH had no indication that the factory would drop the ball. Now about this Frazetta line, I want to make sure its done right. Im going to get myself more involved with the factory to give them pointers, yes I can do that. I think a few small improvements to packing will go a long way. I wish to be up to par and I dont think ARH Studios will be happy any other way.
As I also said I will get ARH to send me one copy immediately after the production, we will open it together and you can see exactly what you getting. This way you get to see the sample right off the production line before it gets to you. What statue is on order for you?

This is great news for those that bought directly from ARH. Those of us that bought from other sources have no option but to return for refund. I'm really bummed about that since I really wanted this statue. I also had #300 of 300 which I thought was cool. Now I have none of 300.

Why can't you work through you're retailer to get them shipped back? That's how it usually goes innit?

When i send an email about my Alexanders horse broken leg,they responded that they are making a report with the factory to repair free of charge.But that's it no follow up on how,when,where.Still waiting how to proceed.

Back