Arghhh, New Hot Toys- Captain Jack sculpt revealed me hearties

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sparrowwinning.jpg

Damn! This is gonna be a hard decision. I do think EB is spot on. The problem is the bad expression whereas the HT is nice but not as spot on but with the great expression. If EB can tame the expression a bit so he doesn't look sinister, I may actually go for EB but everything stay as it is, I'm getting HT cause it captures the spirit of the character better.

Just noticed, I think EB has cloth bandana I think.

I completely agree with you. I think EB is definitely stronger in their sculpting department, but knowing the fact that HT is better in terms of their product over all quality. I think I'm also getting the HT ver. I'll just switch the head with mine.

You non-believers just wait until Enterbay announces that their Jack comes with real gold dubloons and a 1/6th scale pirate ship. Can't wait to see all you Hot Toys elitists run to Enterbay then! I'm riding that ship to work!

Only issue with the Enterbay one is that there's only one photo at a less than ideal angle, I'd wait to make judgements on that one until there are more photos

Lately, HT is coming really close but missing the last 10% that makes all the difference. Odd they went for a near laughing expression instead of the trademark smirk that captures Jack's brand of exuberance. The detail on the new sculpts is amazing, but I'm not sure it tops the cannibal head for likeness:

SG104951.JPG

Give me a new hat that I can shove down lower on the head along with a coat, and I'm set.

jack1q.jpg

Look at the collar, neck and the head. the 301 body is a joke. :panic:

Sparrowwinning.jpg

You non-believers just wait until Enterbay announces that their Jack comes with real gold dubloons and a 1/6th scale pirate ship. Can't wait to see all you Hot Toys elitists run to Enterbay then! I'm riding that ship to work!

I got this email back from Enterbay:

"Dear Sir,

thank you for your enquiry regarding the upcoming Enterbay Jack Sparrow figure. Regrettably, the factory that manufactures the real gold dubloons has closed down, never to re-open. The 1/6 scale pirate ship will be available at the same time as we release our Prison Break and Scarface figures. In keeping with our pricing policy, the ship will cost $15000.

We thank you for your ongoing and tireless faith in our capacity to one day deliver a high-end figure of the same calibre and price point as Hot Toys.

Kind regards,
Enterbay Management Team."

While the EB sculpt is great too, I have to say I like the HT ones better. It's definitely Jack Sparrow, both the serious as the smiling face!
HT really did a great job on this!

Can't wait to see the full specs and pics! I want to see all the accessories he comes with! :rock :rock :rock

Has Hot Toys ever done a 'human' (non-alien/predator etc) headsculpt in the past with teeth or is this a first for them?

image removed at Hot Toys request

Last edited by a moderator:
I sold my custom with a cannibal jack sculpt thinking this sculpt would be an improvement, now I'm bummed because I think the previous releases had a much better likeness.

Both dx sculpts are beautiful but the Depp likeness is off, imo. I think enterbay captured his likeness better, but it's still not as good as those original jack sculpts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back