Are you addicted?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I think its safe to say I'm addicted to 1/6 collecting as these just showed up by the UPS guy and I completely forgot they were even coming in... I saw the Sideshow Tape and was like Wooo whats in the box, wish it was mk7 but loki will do hehehe :hi5:

Anybody else have this happen to you, a surprise delivery?

20130612_1730211_zpsa9d323e1.jpg

Addiction to 1/6s would mean I'd buy anything, which I won't. I do have to say that I'm addicted to Ironman 1/6s and have all the armors or have them on order except for the BD VII Promo which is killing me. :gah:

Put it this way, I make sure I can afford family health care and home insurance before buying expensive dollies. If we had a mysterious mold infestation in our house and it was affecting our health, for example, I'd have it covered.

Lots of great POVs here. Personally I have been in the hobby for a little under a year, yet I've already spent about $7k, excluding the peripherals such as display cabs and customized shelves.

Now, I see to it that I get only what I could, and make sure that the bills, food, and mortgage are still covered on time before I PO/purchase figures. Also, while I never considered high-end figures an investment, I'm confident that if there'd be a time where I must resort to selling them even at a slight loss, I know I could still at least get back what I orginally spent for them or close to it. I don't think there's any other addiction that could make that happen.

Yes. We can call this Hot Toys Anonymous. I'm not sure about everyone else but I've noticed my collecting so far has gone into 4 stages:
1. That's a great movie, I'll just splurge on this 1 HT and that'll be it.
2. You buy that quintessential piece (Bank Robber Joker for me) that becomes a turning point that makes you focus or favor HT over other collectibles.
3. I can't believe they made that! Your collection grows and you're trying to "catch up". This is the stage where you endure overly inflated ebay prices to get your fix.
4. You focus only on HT that you need to complete a particular line to the exclusion of other lines. Preordering becomes a habit and new HT end up becoming one of your monthly bills.

I guess I'm saying " Hello, I'm Jon Stark and I'm a Hot Toysaholic.

Hello, Jon. Your words are... spot on. :lol

I started and only wanted a few and then I went head in..... after seeing two iron man at home I think resist and only get things that are over the top and I love. I do have to have complete avengers.

Put it this way, I make sure I can afford family health care and home insurance before buying expensive dollies. If we had a mysterious mold infestation in our house and it was affecting our health, for example, I'd have it covered.

31607372.jpg

Damn, now where did I put that GIF of M Caine saying 'Nevva'

...as in sending $ to charity cases on the internet.:monkey1

I dunno, I only buy those who call 100% of my attention but all I can say is that when you buy your first figure there's an enormous probability of buying more of them, they are just awesome!!!

Yes. We can call this Hot Toys Anonymous. I'm not sure about everyone else but I've noticed my collecting so far has gone into 4 stages:
1. That's a great movie, I'll just splurge on this 1 HT and that'll be it.
2. You buy that quintessential piece (Bank Robber Joker for me) that becomes a turning point that makes you focus or favor HT over other collectibles.
3. I can't believe they made that! Your collection grows and you're trying to "catch up". This is the stage where you endure overly inflated ebay prices to get your fix.
4. You focus only on HT that you need to complete a particular line to the exclusion of other lines. Preordering becomes a habit and new HT end up becoming one of your monthly bills.

I guess I'm saying " Hello, I'm Jon Stark and I'm a Hot Toysaholic.

(all together now)
Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Jon... :wave

Stage 3 can really kick you in the nutz, heres looking at you Batman DX 12, grrrr

Its so easy to get caught up in trying to find a "reasonable" deal on ebay to the point where you get into a bidding war and end-up paying above your threshold, lol

don't forget about the special promo codes that make it hard to quit!!!!

Those darn promocodes' they suck me in too, just yesturday; one came in with my Joker; the code is JUNE2013 incase you havn't heard yet; 20$ off, go use it I know you want too hehehe;

I ordered Cobra Commander, couldn't resist at 154.99, it seems soooo cheap compared to 200-350$ Hot Toys stuff that I slowly got use too, LOL

Not addicted. I dont buy everything. I only buy what I really like or what has some sort of sentimental value for me. Not to say it hasnt been tempting to get other pieces and I probably would have if I had a ton of extra cash

Luckily snuck in around the time the the first Mk. III and the Dark Knight non-DX new suit came out. Since then I've been picking up the ones I like and been getting them at market price. The only ones I've gotten off evilbay are the Dark Knight Original Suit, Harvey Dent and the Scarecrow half of the Anniversary set... only because they stopped the movies at 3 so it's not as expensive a proposition to be a completionist. Iron Man and Avengers completionists however... good luck! No end in sight for that franchise.

And to be on topic, yes, I'm addicted.

Back