Are you addicted?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, glad to see so many addicts on here :) and Welcome to all the New people, like the most new people i've seen on a thread all together, this is great !!! :welcome1:

Me personally i've started last july with a iron man mark II AU and Gi Joe viper from SS. I was quickly addicted to Gi Joes, they were cheaper and brought back great childhood memories, but after about 7 of those SS like halted making anymore So I switched to Marvel where I really found some awesome stuff, like Milk War Machine for $200 !!!, ahhh blacky spidey and new goblin they look very cool fighting each other, cap.america and red skull; the gantry for my Mk II, thing is huge; then ventured into other areas like sucker punch (baby doll and amber (should have passed on this one), then predator tracker and samurai predator (true work of art), but then the kicker is I started ordering back ups, and that's when I think i really got addicted ,:thud: I got 2 iron mongers, 3 black widows, 2 89 jokers, 3 joker 2.0's 2 loki's; ( i mean some of these figures are so good, its really cool to have multiple because they come with different attire or alternate head sculpts (joker 2.0) that really can look like a different figure, right??:bunnydanc?

But before this i was collecting NECA, Spawn, halo, transformers and little g.i. joes (30th anniversary was awesome) and was very big into video games, I would buy 1-4 games per month, but quickly got bored with video games, i mean their fun but they don't last like a 1/6 figure, I get more bang for my buck buying these and not to mention they are really fun taking photos of, which seems to be a spin off of this hobby that and kitbashing (which im slowly starting to get into) :) :) :)

So with that Cheers :duff to y'all, this is a really really FUN Hobby glad I stumbled into it!!!

:Wizard
some of these emoticons are funny under the "more" link first time looking at them, lol :lsvader

Another new guy here :) And having the collecting time of my life with Hot Toys right now. Received Jack Nicolson 89 Joker last Christmas...was utterly seduced by the dx box opening experience and hooked from the moment I had the figure in hand. A month later my 10yr long service leave ticked over at work which meant a nice bonus of Hot Toys fundage outside of my normal budget.

It's been Hots Toys awesomeness rocking up since :) 89 Batman, Platoon Barnes, Iron Man Mk 1 2.0, Iron Man Mk 2 AU, Jack Sparrow, Sweeney Todd, Reeve Superman, Resident Evil Alice, Indiana Jones and have Tony Stark, Iron Man Mk 42, MoS Superman, ed209 and the new robo on order :) went with the 1/4 scale Enterbay terminator though :)

Before this I collected 1/4 scale and some 1/1 scale, my wife loves the Hot Toys the best, she had a good point that Hot Toys with their scale and detail invite you in to want to look closer at them where the larger scale stuff you want to step back to look at.

Great time to be a collector these days.

New guy here as well.
I started collecting with just the Avengers in mind. Got Capt America, Hawkeye, Black Widow and Thor. With pre-oreders for Iron Man Mk VII and Hulk awaiting. Thing is, it didnt stop there. Just recently received Agent Coulson (yeah I know he was in Avengers, but he wasnt in my initial plan) and have on pre-order the battle damaged T2. Im also considering the Hot Toys Indy as well, but still on the fence about this.
Previously, I was an autograph collector, so used to do a lot of cons, theatre visits and premieres and amassed quite a collection. I stopped because, I just didnt want to put the time in queuing and waiting any more.

Definitely...
Started with PO of Mark 42 and Iron Patriot.
Since then, I've also purchased or POed DX09, DX12, Batpod, 1989 Batmobile, Mark 7 w Hall of Armor, Phil Coulson, Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, Roadblock, Robocop, ED-209 and soon MoS...
As of now, my wife thinks I've only got the first 2... She's probably gng to kill me when she finds out the truth... ;p

I'm currently addicted to hunting for and buying clothes/pieces/parts on Ebay and putting characters together....It's easier to get past the Wife than a $300 figure. ;)

I'm currently addicted to hunting for and buying clothes/pieces/parts on Ebay and putting characters together....It's easier to get past the Wife than a $300 figure. ;)

women buy 300 dollar heels, tell her that you are a man and you do what you want :)

My Wife probably doesn't have $300 worth of shoes total.

And every time she gripes I say something like "Well i could be spending it on drugs or booze"....

I started collecting last year .. I have 8 figures (89 batman, 89 joker, TDKR batman, joker 2.0, bane, IM MII, captain america FA, war machine) .. And I have IM MKVII coming in a couple of weeks.

I think once I get this I am pretty much done .. the only thing that would spark interest is a batman returns penquin and catwomen .. I would like the 89 batmobile but it's way to big.

I really fantasize sometimes about being done with it. Just selling it all off, thinking about how much liquidity it would give me. With the amount of customs I have... I could travel for 3 months. But I'm too OCD to give it up. lol

I've been collecting for 2 years (july 2011). I have a total of 8 figures. I only bought Captain America First Avenger in the first year. Getting the Mark VII next week and BD Mark VII next month (hopefully) and the Tony Stark Armor Test version, but I may cancel that because it will take up a lot of space.

When starting out I told myself I'd only collect 3 lines (Batman-Nolan Trilogy, Iron Man, Captain America) which those first two are probably the most popular lines :lol I saw at the very beginning how pre-ordering these figures were so easy.

These figures are AMAZING.

I'm tempted to pick up Hulk, but as of yet, haven't broken my rule :lol

Waiting and hoping for:
1) Batman Begins DX
2) Iron Whiplash
3) Jim Gordon (Trenchcoat Version)
4) Tony Stark (Race Suit Version)

Last edited:
Addicted in a way for Hot Toys 1/6 figures for sure. But I just can't be full addicted since the economic crisis in this small country and the high shpping costs push me back. Believe it or not, sometimes I feel so extremely lucky having just 10 figures and preorded the HT 1989 Batmobile. Am I really lucky?

Now about the shipping costs. I know that few HT figures have still low prices, but shipping cost is not cheap when ordering from China or USA. Imagine a figure that is priced 240 euro then add another 50-60 euro for shipping, not to mention the taxes in the custom (if any).

I guess you'll be suprised to know that I don't have even one HT Ironman figure and probably I will never gonna buy one at such high prices. Not even one HT Dark knight figure from Nolan's films. Now in 1/4 scale and that only because they are bigger figures, I would bought the Enterbay 1/4 Joker and maybe the 1/4 Batman, but only if they hadn't those terrible quality issues.

So sorry for my english.

No, because I'm glued to the tracking status everytime I order something. I stalk the hell out of my order. lol

1356163347937.gif

Yes. We can call this Hot Toys Anonymous. I'm not sure about everyone else but I've noticed my collecting so far has gone into 4 stages:
1. That's a great movie, I'll just splurge on this 1 HT and that'll be it.
2. You buy that quintessential piece (Bank Robber Joker for me) that becomes a turning point that makes you focus or favor HT over other collectibles.
3. I can't believe they made that! Your collection grows and you're trying to "catch up". This is the stage where you endure overly inflated ebay prices to get your fix.
4. You focus only on HT that you need to complete a particular line to the exclusion of other lines. Preordering becomes a habit and new HT end up becoming one of your monthly bills.

I guess I'm saying " Hello, I'm Jon Stark and I'm a Hot Toysaholic.

Yes. We can call this Hot Toys Anonymous. I'm not sure about everyone else but I've noticed my collecting so far has gone into 4 stages:
2. You buy that quintessential piece (Bank Robber Joker for me) that becomes a turning point that makes you focus or favor HT over other collectibles.
3. I can't believe they made that! Your collection grows and you're trying to "catch up". This is the stage where you endure overly inflated ebay prices to get your fix.
4. You focus only on HT that you need to complete a particular line to the exclusion of other lines. Preordering becomes a habit and new HT end up becoming one of your monthly bills.

Well said there...:exactly:
Unfortunately...I am at Stage 4 and having Hot Toys withdrawal symptoms...

Yeah I have those issues too to a certain extent, its the dam tendency to be come a completest but I am learning to view each piece individually and weigh it on its pros and cons and not part of a larger whole.

Back