Are you addicted?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

styleznma

Super Freak
Reaction score
So I think its safe to say I'm addicted to 1/6 collecting as these just showed up by the UPS guy and I completely forgot they were even coming in... I saw the Sideshow Tape and was like Wooo whats in the box, wish it was mk7 but loki will do hehehe :hi5:

Anybody else have this happen to you, a surprise delivery?

20130612_1730211_zpsa9d323e1.jpg

I find the smell of a brand new unopened HT fig to be intoxicating....guess that's a yes from me.
If you think that's intoxicating you should open up a brand new DX box..

I swear they sprinkle in some kind of drug in those boxes.

Also I think this should be in another area, not Marvel.

Oh yes.. With any HT figure I buy the smell they have makes me feel.. You know, and its even worse with a DX :thud:

And any time a new figure arrives I go crazy about it until the day is over but after that I'm like "ok, so... What's next?" And I pre oder a new one so yeah I'd say a have a problem :lol

I guess that we'll see soon. Just bought my first HT -> Coulson. I'm sure my resolve won't last long after that.

I guess that we'll see soon. Just bought my first HT -> Coulson. I'm sure my resolve won't last long after that.

Out of ALL the badass figures that Hot Toys have made, Coulson is your first choice? :lol

Why!?:dunno

Out of ALL the badass figures that Hot Toys have made, Coulson is your first choice? :lol

Why!?:dunno

Everyone's been glowing about him so far and he'll be here soon/low stock at ssc, unlike the MK XLII and IP that I've flexxed. Trust me, I would've rather had a MK VII or Hulk as my first order, if I could.

It's his 1st post & only figure. :wink1:

Also, yes... I am addicted again. :duff

Yes, and my wife will probably ask me why I bought a boring guy in a suit. The other will come soon enough, but from what I've seen lurking, I don't want to pick any of the avengers crew up in the aftermarket.

Last edited:
Everyone's been glowing about him so far and he'll be here soon/low stock at ssc, unlike the MK XLII and IP that I've flexxed. Trust me, I would've rather had a MK VII or Hulk as my first order, if I could.

Yes, and my wife will probably ask me why I bought a boring guy in a suit. The other will come soon enough, but from what I've seen lurking, I don't want to pick any of the avengers crew up in the aftermarket.

You gotta start somewhere. Congrats buddy and welcome to the addiction. :lol

You gotta start somewhere. Congrats buddy and welcome to the addiction. :lol

Thank you. I had always admired 1/6 collections, but didn't have the money as a student. Also the diecast prices don't seem too bad to me as I'm just now coming in...which is both good and bad, I guess.

Hopping out of Transformers, other than the masterpiece figures.

Thank you. I had always admired 1/6 collections, but didn't have the money as a student. Also the diecast prices don't seem too bad to me as I'm just now coming in...which is both good and bad, I guess.

Good because the figures in 1/6 & 1/4 look amazing right now, bad cause prices keep on rising. Good luck on your Avengers hunt. :)

I'm new here as well seeing as I've only been on here since last month. I've been collecting Hot Toys 1/6 scale figures since last summer. my college professor got me addicted to this hobby. it's funny that a year ago i never would have thought that i would be purchasing action figures again.

Must be the new guy thread. I am new as well. I am totally addicted to these. Since last October I've acquired Two Face, Bane, DX 01, 08, 09, Bank Robber, Bane, Reeves Sup, Mark IV, Avengers Thor, Loki, Captain. Have Hulk, Selina, and 1/4 Bats on preorder.

These are just the best and worst things for figure collectors. I guess I'm just talking Hot Toys though Sideshow has too much too offer as well. Most of these are everything one could want from a figure, but the price is only for the real dedicated. One to lose a meal here and there over a Loki they thought would come back in stock at Sideshow and did. Anyway, I'm 34 long time lurker and figure collector love the site, all you guys dedication to the hobby, and these figures. Totally addicted

I started collecting just over a year ago and have nearly 3,000 posts here and somewhere around 27-28 Hot Toy/custom 1/6 figures.

So the answer would be a definite yes for me.

And WELCOME to all the New Guys!!

Back