Statue Are statues more sustainable than action figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NielsVV

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hi Freaks,

I am a big Toy soldier collector (mostly made out of zinc, by companies like King & Country) and on many of my figures is the paint coming loose!! This terrifies me a lot. I also do own some Hot Toys action figures and I know that the rubber on these will deteriorate over time.

I wonder if statues also have such a drawback or are they the most sturdy off all?

I ask this question because I am thinking of buying Terminator 2 T-800 Premium Format Statue from Sideshow and I know collecting those is very addictive...

Thanks,
Niels

it depends a lot on the circumstance of an individual piece. I own statues that are 20 years old that look as good as the day I first purchased them.

Generally speaking, any issues (paint flaking etc) will materialize within the first few years and are due to it not being produced properly in the first place rather than the passage of time. I am unaware of any issues due to the use of mixed media.

Thanks. That was the answer I hoped to read! When searching on google about this, I didn't found a thing about flacking paint on statues.

What about the clothes some statues wear, on some 1/6 action figures I have on display, the leather belt sticks to the plastic. It almost looks like the leather is glued on and I dare not to pull it off.

The most common peril that I have found with statues is chipping. Most statues are made of polystone which can chip or snap completely if pulled into finer shapes like hair or loose fingers. Usually chipping is a result of faulty shipping but I would recommend keeping an eye on any frail pieces that are held in by magnets and such. They can take quite a spill.

The most common peril that I have found with statues is chipping. Most statues are made of polystone which can chip or snap completely if pulled into finer shapes like hair or loose fingers. Usually chipping is a result of faulty shipping but I would recommend keeping an eye on any frail pieces that are held in by magnets and such. They can take quite a spill.

Use museum putty on suspect peg/magnet connections and it will keep them in place while on display.

Back