Aquaman and The Lost Kingdom - (2022)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This will be used in the movie but won’t be “the” look, my guess. Based loosely off the short lived underwater camo look from the comics. Aquaman remains my favorite modern DC movie (post Nolan). The HT from the first movie is gorgeous in hand and commands a shelf, head sculpt can be improved.

I was looking forward to Black Adam but after watching Jungle Cruise, and witnessing Emily Blunt trying to bat her eyes at a sack of doorknobs for two hours, I realize we’ve reached the ceiling on Dwayne’s acting ability and hold little hope for it now.

Between the two I prefer the gold and green. I've heard all the 'corn cob' stuff but that never even occurred to me. It is maybe a touch ornate and over-designed for my taste, but most cinematic superhero costumes are.

The new one looks like something right out of Schumacher Batman so I don't know what to make of it.
Of all his movie looks I still prefer the initial BvS teaser look for him. Sometimes less is more.

CmALh1mVAAAbR1u.jpeg

He needs to lose his hand in this one and replaced with a spear head like in the comics. That's my Aquaman. Badass and bearded.

Don't most DC characters?...:chase

Besides Batman.
Lanterns are cool.

GhF1.gif

And so are the Vertigo ones like JonCon and Swamp Thing.

cbcf3c63b449747b575c861c6fd7ec36.gif

That's more or less where my DC interests stop. I was always more of a Marvel guy, so I lean there when it comes to shared concepts between the two companies (SHIELD/CHECKMATE, T-Bolts/SS, Cosmic/4th World, etc).

I honestly find Batman as a brand pretty boring these days. It's just that I enjoy the Gothic Aesthetic so whenever any Bat-Media comes out in that vein, I'm instantly hooked. From Fall till Winter's end, I get into such a mood so there's always a place for Batman in my interests, even if I'm not a diehard anymore.

I honestly find Batman as a brand pretty boring these days. It's just that I enjoy the Gothic Aesthetic so whenever any Bat-Media comes out in that vein, I'm instantly hooked. From Fall till Winter's end, I get into such a mood so there's always a place for Batman in my interests, even if I'm not a diehard anymore.
They can release Batman content every few years and it will always have interest from fans and the general audience. Pretty much what happens with Spider-Man. Both characters will have been rebooted again by the time 2030 hits.

They can release Batman content every few years and it will always have interest from fans and the general audience. Pretty much what happens with Spider-Man. Both characters will have been rebooted again by the time 2030 hits.
Yeah, that goes without saying. They're supreme cashcows. Batman's literally carrying DC all by himself. No, seriously. Look at the most recent solicits: DC November 2021

More than half the titles are Batman. What I wonder is who buys them. I cannot imagine liking Batman, anything, that much. Star Wars is an entire universe and only has like 7 books, including mini-series, event tie-ins and all-ages IDW stuff. It's just crazy to me. How much can you like capeshit noir?

I like it. Problem is that the yellow and green costume looks too much like a corn cob in it's stalk. They need a better look for it.
Why do people repeat nonsense they read like it's fact. No matter how many times you repeat something you read it won't make it true. You sound like someone who never actually seen a corn.

Why do people repeat nonsense they read like it's fact. No matter how many times you repeat something you read it won't make it true. You sound like someone who never actually seen a corn.
Gee someone has their panties in a bunch, lol.

The costume designer is a part-time farmer and the villain I heard is Carrot Top. Wait till you see his costume. 😉

Yeah, that goes without saying. They're supreme cashcows. Batman's literally carrying DC all by himself. No, seriously. Look at the most recent solicits: DC November 2021

More than half the titles are Batman. What I wonder is who buys them. I cannot imagine liking Batman, anything, that much. Star Wars is an entire universe and only has like 7 books, including mini-series, event tie-ins and all-ages IDW stuff. It's just crazy to me. How much can you like capeshit noir?
Seems like 90% are Batman. Insane! I've seen a guy rack up a foot high pile of comics and come in once a month or two to pick them all up. I was stunned. And yeah, I was the guy who happened to want to check out after him. :( Took like 20 minutes to get it all scanned and him to pay it.

Actually I like the color scheme, just needs a pair of gauntlets. My guess this is just one of the costumes he’ll wear, but for the most part it will be the classic green and gold. Maybe he will lose a hand at some point during the film.

Back