Anyone notice that Sideshow had no new figures dispalyed at SDCC?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lordscum

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
It struck me odd that SS aside from the Snow Trooper Commander they had no new figures displayed at SDCC this year , considering since 2006 they always had something new and exciting on display. Could this be a sign that they are taking a step back from 1:6 scale figures?

Could this be a sign that they are taking a step back from 1:6 scale figures?

If I had a dollar every time someone said this, I could probably buy one of their figures.

It struck me odd that SS aside from the Snow Trooper Commander they had no new figures displayed at SDCC this year , considering since 2006 they always had something new and exciting on display. Could this be a sign that they are taking a step back from 1:6 scale figures?

Probably I'm not surprised. All they seem to do are statues and honestly that's getting a bit annoying cause they should realize that there's another community in the figure collecting business other than statue collectors.

They should at least try their hand at a 1/6 scale Carnage figure since they already did a pretty good statue of him they just need to copy and past from it and make it 1/6 articulated figure and make sure his toes can be seen rather than show feet then boom instant money making as ppl love Carnage especially a good Carnage figure which they're capable of doing. Now I know their 1/6 scale Marvel figures of late haven't been anything special but they aren't horrible I'm sure there are worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, yes, then you're definitely right. Not much shown this year in SW 1/6. HT really stole the show there.

honestly that's probably why SS didn't have much 1/6 to show. Tbh, how can they really compete? I love SS as much as the next fella but when they're charging what HT is charging yet not putting out the same quality of product nor the amount of goodies with the product, why try?

I'm actually surprised they didn't do variants of what they've got going. They did a TIE Pilot and could have done a variant from ANH or the Inferno Squad from Battlefront II, they could have done an Astromech variant. I didn't expect anything really too new but they could have definitely continued with what they've got. They could have done a Wedge or any other X-Wing pilot, I mean it was doable.

What the hell does a marvel comic character have to do with star wars?

Well this thread didn't specifically start off with asking where's another 1/6 scale Star Wars figure from sideshow it's just others that immediately directed it towards the topic of Star Wars which isn't the only thing they can do. So pretty sure I can talk about a Marvel character here rather than always thinking that they can do Star Wars.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What the hell does a marvel comic character have to do with star wars?

And as someone already stated b4 they've been thrown out of one these Disney water parks already by Hot Toys if we're gonna talk about Star Wars figures so that's neither here nor there now. They should move on to other things right now anyway.

He seems to have an unusually powerful infatuation with Carnage:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...res/182260-time-1-6-scale-carnage-figure.html

No he's just something that you don't see a toy company doing as 1/6 figure plus in Marvel toy or game collecting there's rarely anyone that would pass up a chance for getting Carnage to be honest he's an instant money maker. Plus as I said in that thread of the link you posted, thank you for spreading, they've already done a statue just adapt that into a 1/6 scale figure even without a bunch of accessories and he'll still sell. Plus it took years for one of the smaller scale toy companies to get him right=that company being Marvel Select you go online for him now he's scalper price I barely see any for a decent price. Sadly got mine for $54-a 7in figure that was like $30 at the time. What's everyone's hope for 1/6 scale Star Wars figures from them about? they've done a bunch already and now they've been destroyed by HTs and their releases. So might as well move on.

I'm fine with SS concentrating on statues and leaving 1/6 figures to Hot Toys. SS just can't keep up with the headsculpt quality of HT. Get out while you're ahead I say.

Can't remember on which thread but already stated that Sideshow's video of their own (Star Wars) productions demonstrates they clearly shift focus on 1:4, 1:2 and 1:1. Moreover, selection across scales is pretty limited with essentially the same characters over and over again.

I'd be interested to here from Premium Format collectors on that matter. It seems to me Sideshow are releasing a new Vader or Boba Fett every other year lately. I get why a manufacturer wouldn't go as deep in a license with such large items. Very few collectors can spare that much space on second tier characters after all. Yet, i feel like Sideshow are really milking it to death with a very limited roaster of characters (Vader, Fett, Stormtrooper, Luke, Han, Chewy, 3PO, R2, rinse and repeat) being updated over short period of times with the eventual new piece here and there (Rey, BB-8, Phasma, Jyn, Deathtrooper).

Back