Anyone notice that Sideshow had no new figures dispalyed at SDCC?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not just Mythos Obi-Wan but a whole mythos line. Damn. That's a splash.

Looks like Sideshow was holding some stuff back... they used to do that for SDCC but in recent years have switched to previewing everything well ahead of the show. I kind of prefer these kind of announcements as it makes the show more interesting.

Didn't SS launch a McQuarrie line that seems like it kind of fizzled out? At least in the smaller scales.

They teased a one sixth figure line for McQuarrie designs but it never saw the light of day. Maybe we'll get it here? Vader was the only one really teased.

What is a mythos.....a statue? What makes it special?

They're original conceptuals. https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collections/star-wars-mythos-collection/

This figure is based on this original statue, just now in figure form:

200108-ben-kenobi-mythos-003.jpg

Screen_Shot_2017_07_21_at_10_36_24_AM.png

which means we might have a chance for this Boba:

200158-boba-fett-mythos-003.jpg

this Gammy:
200154_press03-001.jpg

this Vader:
200193-darth-vader-mythos-004.jpg

this Maul:
200109-darth-maul-mythos-005.jpg

I'd guess Boba is the most likely to follow since they'd have 90% of the figure already. Vader would also make sense for the same reason, but I can't see it working as well in 1/6 as it's really just a battle damaged version.

The Maul seems pretty likely as well since 1) they love releasing Mauls and 2) they are finally using muscular bodies.

I think the Gammy would not happen; just no way I could see them developing a body like that.

Back