Anyone get their Buffy PF yet

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bullseye said:
Alot of the problem with the "Lazy eye" is the fact that the eye lashes are real-like and not sculpted and therefore the lashes can sag. You need to get a top line mascara:lol

Good thing my girlfriend's a makeup artist. ;)

Recive my Buffy today it was broken the hair have lose from the head
and some pice`s have been broken because that. For little glue when it was monted. I also se the boots have scratches under some one have not find the hole.

I'm sorry to read that, what are you going to do? I hope SSC did 500 replacements for this at least. It's so sad.

FINALLY!! got the invoice-mail today.
Thank you for shopping at SideshowCollectibles.com!
Your Order has been invoiced and is being prepared to ship out from our EU Warehouse! We ask that you please allow up to 14 business days from this invoice date for the receipt of your item.
And for Cordy as well!
And that's it for this year! Thank Gods!

olvidadero said:
That will not be me.:D I won't ruin an extremely limited $250 piece like that, but of course, I am not a good customizer. I'd like to see experiments, but I don't count on that.

hehe, I don't blame you.

Annoyingly I am, but for now my custom repaints will be limited to the Star Wars and LOTR lines. Unless I suddenly get a ton of money, a bigger house, and more time to paint all my own things between my commissions and my oil paintings :rotfl

Hello all, I am new to these forums. I felt it made perfect sense to post on my first love of all things on these forums, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel!

I know this is kind of belated but I figured I would add in and say I too am a proud owner of the Buffy 1/4 Premium Format figure. I was fortunate that she neither came with the (very popular) lazy eye problem or any chips or markings. She's #102 out of 550 of the regular edition. I couldn't justify spending an editional 20 USD on the exclusive. An accessory that I feel is irrelevant to the piece, in that she can't even hold.

I'll see about posting some pics later on. Granted you guys probably don't really care to see her, as there has been a ton of pictures posted of her in this thread alone.

Eli26 said:
Hello all, I am new to these forums. I felt it made perfect sense to post on my first love of all things on these forums, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel!

I know this is kind of belated but I figured I would add in and say I too am a proud owner of the Buffy 1/4 Premium Format figure. I was fortunate that she neither came with the (very popular) lazy eye problem or any chips or markings. She's #102 out of 550 of the regular edition. I couldn't justify spending an editional 20 USD on the exclusive. An accessory that I feel is irrelevant to the piece, in that she can't even hold.

I'll see about posting some pics later on. Granted you guys probably don't really care to see her, as there has been a ton of pictures posted of her in this thread alone.

Post pics!:D
Oh and...

:welcome
Enjoy your time here!:chew

Thanks bud for the warm welcome. YOU SIR ROCK! If you're a girl, THEN MA'AM YOU ROCK!

Now off to post about some of my Marvel 1/4s.

I got one! :rock Yeah, I know I said I wasn't going to collect this line but what can I say, I'm pathetic. :rolleyes: :eek: :D

buffyeyesps1.jpg

I always said I would never get a PF, due to them being expensive and being more fragile then a 12" figure. That pretty much changed when I saw the Buffy PF when it was announced it was something that I had to have. Well finally cracked last week got one from a local retailer. Just got it today, other then not being able to put both her feet on the pegs its simply amazing I keep turning around to look at it. I hope they do another PF Buffy at some point. Not interested in the Spike one. Mine is 130 (I think thats a 3) out of 550.

Serpentor said:
I always said I would never get a PF, due to them being expensive and being more fragile then a 12" figure. That pretty much changed when I saw the Buffy PF when it was announced it was something that I had to have. Well finally cracked last week got one from a local retailer. Just got it today, other then not being able to put both her feet on the pegs its simply amazing I keep turning around to look at it. I hope they do another PF Buffy at some point. Not interested in the Spike one. Mine is 130 (I think thats a 3) out of 550.

I feel Angel's around the corner. A PF Willow and a PF Faith would be more succesful than Spike. That's my humble opinion. And I'm a huge Spike fan.

olvidadero said:
I feel Angel's around the corner. A PF Willow and a PF Faith would be more succesful than Spike...

A PF Willow could be successful, but I don't think a PF Faith could be. Willow easily rivals Buffy and Angel in popularity. She might even be the most popular character in the Buffyverse next to Buffy. Furthermore, a PF Willow has a lot of potential from an aesthetic standpoint. For example, she has appeared as a dark witch, white witch, and vampire. These variations in appearance provide the opportunity for a change-o-head. Faith, on the other hand, would make for a pretty boring figure from an aesthetic standpoint (if Buffy weren't the main protagonist of the Buffyverse, I don't think she'd be deserving of a PF either). And there is no way that Faith is as popular as Willow.

Willow - extremely popular, high aesthetic appeal (witch or vampire)
Faith - popular, mediocre aesthetic appeal
Spike - popular, high aesthetic appeal (vampire)

Well, now that you put it that way, I agree with you. Faith wouldn't make an "extraordinary" looking statue, but I'm sure many people would buy it if the likeness was done properly. We don't have a good sculpt of Faith in any line of any company. The 6 inch Moore line had some very poor Faiths done, and the DST line made three deluxe Faiths that didn't look like Eliza, and now they have shown production pics of their new Faith wave and they don't look that promising either. No need to talk about Sideshow Faith, right? To sum up, even though a Dark Willow would be amazing, a PF Faith would cover the need for a good Faith representation. Oh, about the swappable heads, a Doppelgangland Willow with both heads would be my first choice.

I disagree. I think if Faith was executed very well in facial likeness to Eliza Dushku it would sell a LOT better than Willow. Problem is the reason why Faiths haven't sold like hot cakes in the past (then again neither have any of the Willows, with the exception of the harder to get exclusives) is because her likeness to Faith, wasn't well, faithful to the subject matter in terms of accuracy. Anything put out by MAC, DST, and SideShow in the past concerning Faith looked very mediocre in appearance. Give us a great looking Faith that is Eliza accurate with either a great seductive or action pose and the right outfit, then watch as she sells in bundles.

Only thing Willow would have on Faith in terms of an exclusive PF is the fact you could give her a few different looks by switching with the forementioned heads. But as a regular edition with no gimmicks, as long as Faith is properly represented, all I have to say is, "You gotta have Faith."

Last edited:
Are you claiming that Faith is more popular than Willow? I'm not saying that it isn't arguable, but I think most Buffy fans would agree that Willow is more popular than Faith. If you don't think that Faith is more popular, then why would Faith sell better? What are the main characteristics of a figure that sells well? Assuming the figure looks like the character, I think the characteristics are popularity of the character, popularity of the license, and aesthetic appeal.

Last edited:
Maybe she isn't. Maybe she is. Do we know this for certain? They are both pretty close in popularity. Either way, perhaps I should word things better. Maybe it wouldn't sell better than the Willows but I think Faith would be a lot more successful in merchandising if the likeness was more befitting to the actress Eliza Dushku. Then again, hasn't DST released the same amount of lines now as the Willows? 1 X MAC, 1 X DST Deluxe, and 1 X DST. Not to mention she has had her own bust and mini statue like Willow. So all and all, I would say it's close.

I just think the scales could tip in Faith's favour if we finally had our rogue slayer look more like Eliza the hottie vs. some skinny faced generic plain jane.

I would but a Faith PF over any willow PF unless it was Dark Witch Willow, then I'd want both....stupid PF's. I dont really want an Angle PF nor do I want the Spike PF.

BillyBudd said:
No, we don't. I said it's arguable.

I have to apologize. I have a habit of not reading posts and all their entirety. Not all of the time, but some of the time. Next time I'll just have to read the entire post and not just skim them. :eek:

Holy thread resurrection, y'all!
remember when many lamented the "lazy eye Buffy"...?
Well, look at this latest pic of SMG from scifi.com!

Doesn't seem like the statue is that far off!

:)

Back