Anyone get their Buffy PF yet

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine came today!I had a custom charge of £51 pounds though:rolleyes:
But mines for xmas,At least I know shes safe awaiting xmas:D

Glad to hear she's turned up love.

Does everyone who's ordered on in the UK expect to pay this extra charge?

I've ordered the PF Spike and I can only just about afford him, this extra £51 or so would push it rather too much over the edge for me, so I'm wonderring If I should cancel my order now.....*worries*

TheObsoleteMan said:
Her left eye looks like it's drifting a little to me. They all look that way to me.

They all look that way, it's just that some left eye are drifting way too much. I think mine goes into the non-lazy eye group, even though there's still a little. Anyway, the pic exaggerates it. In person, it's impossible to notice at first sight.

Oh, and btw, these days, while I've been watching Buffy, I've been noticing some real lazy eye on SMG. It's not really noticeable if you don't pay attention, and it might sound like I'm trying to comfort mysef, but it's there. I'm trying to get captures, but in the meantime, do you see something in these pictures?

buffy1.jpg

buffy521-buffy.jpg

Oh, and judging byt this picture, they made her breasts too little :D

buffy.jpg

Now that I have her I can talk about the much discussed "wow factor". Okay, it's there, at least for me, however, I'm trying to be objective here, and after getting my family's feedback, I can say that our Buffy is not that spectacular (it's them speaking through me!). My mom looked at her for a second and was like "she's okay", and she usually admires my Buffy figures for a while and then starts the loving and praising. My brother was like "She's beautiful but I wouldn't spend €300 in her" (and he's a big Buffy fan). My sister was impressed but she's 11 and she's impressed by every Bratz she gets. My father thought the likeness could be better. And all of them agreed that the pose and the outfit was too boring.

So, the conclusion is, even though I'm sad to admit it, the statue is lacking the "wow factor" that should be there to make such a big amount of money worth spending. I know, I'm not telling you something new. However, my PF Buffy is without a doubt the most precious item in my collection and I find myself looking at her every 10 seconds. You can call it blind love if you want, but it's love after all. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

the bottomline is YOU. if you are happy then that's what counts. if it makes you feel better i understand your love. :)

And all of them agreed that the pose and the outfit was too boring.

That's what I said from the very beginning. I am SO hoping that becuase she was a sellout that we'll see another version of Buffy down the line in a more exciting pose with a more detailed outfit and accessories. Give her smaller thin, flat base, like came with Seven of Nine, (perhaps one that spells out the name "Buffy" like it's on the front of the current base, spelled out about 10"-12" wide" a foot attached near each end swinging the Slayer's scythe. I'd buy that and have two Buffys before I'd buy any other Buffy PFs.

The character Buffy looks pretty ordinary. She's just a young woman. So right off the bat, there is less of a "wow factor" when compared to, let's say, Hellboy.

I suppose an action pose could spice things up a bit, but I honestly don't think the pose is the major problem with this figure. I might be beating a dead horse here, but the major problem is the hair. It doesn't look nearly as realistic as the rest of the figure. Also, the face sculpt is good, but it's not quite at the same level as Spike.

does anyone know of any customizer that does fabrication?? The figure is cool...just not digging the dress...so I was thinking of having customize fabrication like:

12.jpg

...also..if you have any pics that is significant to the show, meaning the outfit that is really memorable, please post some pics as a reference. Thanks.

...also I would mind something like this too

buffy_04.jpg
:D

naria said:
Mine is due to be delivered tomorrow. I'm looking forward to getting it.

I hope you can show us your Buffy too :rolleyes: And good luck with the lazy eye thing!

BillyBud, I hadn't looked at it that way. Buffy is a (super)human with human appareance, thus, a figure of her, no matter how impossible the pose may be, will not look as majestic and impressive as a Lurtz for instance. However, I don't have any other PF statue, and my figure collection is mainly based on Buffy, Angel, Labyrinth and Tim Burton stuff, nothing really big and spectacular there, and still everyone gets excited and impressed by figures such as Vampire Buffy or Human Oz. What I mean is that their basis of comparison are other non-spectacular figures, and not a Hellboy or a Lurtz, and still they weren't as impressed with Buffy as with others in my collection.

Anyway, I'm defending this non-wow-factor thing as if I truly felt it, but that's not the case. For me it's not only wow, it's f***ing WOW! And that's what matters, I'm the one who spent $300 in this sexy beast. :D :D :D

First of all mines for Xmas,but I checked her over today just incase she was damaged ect.
The box is very nice and a lot bigger than my Leias is.

When I first got her opened I was amazed at how great she is.She has a great WOW factor!!

This outfit is perfect,its hot and its from the best season.No other outfit would have looked better especially as this is the first pf buffy.

The hair is great and mine has no lazy eye.Her base is huge and heavy.I love the base much better than the small Star War ones.

Thank you Sideshow for this amazing pf.

thats awesome B-C...glad to hear you like it and didn't get the lazy eye problem that alot of these had.

I'm glad you like her so much buffycollector. I'm sure it'll be the centerpiece of your collection as it is of ours.

...and no, I can't stop looking at her. Sometimes, I wake up in the middle of the night and turn the lights on, I look at her and get back to sleep....

I got my PF Buffy today. While I can't say that I lucked out on getting one with no lazy left eye, I'm still impressed with it nonetheless. Hopefully, I can get my digital camera up and running again and can post pictures. The detail is absolutely amazing.

olvidadero said:
Sometimes, I wake up in the middle of the night and turn the lights on, I look at her and get back to sleep....

LOL. i do that a lot too! i just love stopping by my display rooms to admire. :)

I have a question regarding the packaging. I just received a replacement statue, and it was obviously returned from someone else. The figure and the base look great. However, I'm wondering if there was any documentation (like a certificate or something) that was included with the statue. The red Sideshow book wasn't included, so I'm wondering if anything else is missing.

Also, the hair is loose, which is a drag. Looks ok though.

How could you tell it was returned from someone else? As for documentation, there isn't a COA (at least none that I've ever gotten with the 3 PFs that I own). Mine did have a Sideshow catalog with it.

Mine had SSC catalog #9, nothing else. I hate it whe that happens, getting a replacement and ending up being another person's return. Anyway, you should be happy you got your replacement and she looks good :)

Back