Anyone else embarrassed by 1/12 figures? (Meeting chaired by the President of the Collector Freaks Kylie Minogue Fan Club)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well this is a great place for nerd-talk even if you're not actually collecting anything anymore. I would aswell.

I collect a lot less than I used to, I no longer buy just for the sake of getting something new - but as far as the appearance of my collection the damage was done long ago and I have yet to fix it.

She's beautifully proportioned IMO - pretty much my ideal in fact - diminutive but with a great body-length to leg-length ratio.
Even though I don’t swing that way Kylie, especially in the 90s, was among the most beautiful women in the world. In her. 50s now she still looks amazing, but obviously it’s a little different.

I’d love to get a custom made of her. There was actually quite a cheapy doll made of her back in the early 2000s, pictured. I wonder if someone could completely repaint it and get anywhere close? People have tried but always failed.

Funnily enough, if someone could do it I wouldn’t be in the least bit embarrassed so I don’t know why I’m worrying about 1/12s, haha!

1650198734132.jpeg

Hmm, that's really not of a good standard is it. I don't think a repaint would save it :lol

Haha, no, it's too cheap girl's toy. I wonder what it would be to make a proto and try and licence it. I know her management well.

Well this is a great place for nerd-talk even if you're not actually collecting anything anymore. I would aswell.
I don't think I'll ever be all the way out, but given I'll only use the pieces as unexpected accents throughout the house (which is actually how I started, years ago) I doubt I'll ever exceed 5 or 6 sixth scale figures. As of right now I have just one with one other on pre-order.
I collect a lot less than I used to, I no longer buy just for the sake of getting something new - but as far as the appearance of my collection the damage was done long ago and I have yet to fix it.
Never too late!

I’m 40, it feels a bit tragic for a so called professional to have them on display so they’ve gone into a tightly packed box, albeit with figures visible. I’ve even got a couple of She Ras
Yet without her there, how are you going to identify the inconsequential plebs who don't know or love She-Ra.
6cv6fz.gif

Last edited:
Yet without her there, how are you going to identify the inconsequential plebs who don't know or love She-Ra.
6cv6fz.gif

Mate, I've got the massive cartoon style She Ra statue so everyone knows she's there alright. She was my first love when I was four years old so the nostalgia is mandatory.

1650203633255.png

Well, it sounds like you just don't like the smaller scales so much anymore which is fair enough. They can be a contributor to a cluttered looking collection. If you want to clean up the appearance of your collection you could move those on
I agree to many different scales in one room just looks like mish mosh .i sold everything under 1/6 scale.

It's really about how things are displayed. I see a lot of collectors that have a lot of great items but displaying them takes a backseat to acquiring them, and as a result they don't look as good as they could. Better to have fewer items set off well, every single time.
Well I don’t know about everyone else, but my addiction is compulsively buying plastic **** and other frivolous collectibles, not an addiction to organizing things into nice displays 🤣

I’m pushing 60 and I never cared what other people thought of me, or my interests, even when I was a kid. Tell anyone who gives you crap to F Off. If the hang-up is yours… we’ll, I don’t know what to tell you. Maybe all I can say is, life is too short to give a flying rat’s ass what a bunch of inbred morons think of your stuff.
Me to i am 60 and i love bringing people in my cave and tell them LOOK AT THIS!!!. Makes you happy keep going my friend.

55 here. Pay your bills, live your life, take care of your responsibilities, do right by those you love. Challenge yourself now and then. After that anything goes.
We ARE COLLECTORS!!!! People collect all kinds of things. Collections bring joy to us. That is gold in your hand. We know the truth! :) I came up with this on another forum and a kind person meme-ified it for me. LOL...

e5pOKW3h.jpg

Stay young my friends your whole life.
Ray Bradbury interview....
"It's been 90 god-damned incredible years." "Every day I've loved it. Because I've remained a boy. The man you see here is a 12-year-old boy, and the boy is still having fun." "You remain invested in your inner child by exploding every day. You don't worry about the future, you don't worry about the past, you just explode. If you are dynamic, you don't have to worry about what it is you are. I've remained a boy, because boys run everywhere, they never look back, they run everywhere, they keep running running running. That's me, the running boy." -Ray Bradbury

For better or worse I think I can place everything in that case except whatever is between the windup-tin-toy Wolfman and Mego Thing. o_O

Last edited:
I don't think I'll ever be all the way out, but given I'll only use the pieces as unexpected accents throughout the house (which is actually how I started, years ago) I doubt I'll ever exceed 5 or 6 sixth scale figures. As of right now I have just one with one other on pre-order.

Never too late!

‘unexpected accents’, love it. If I could be bothered I’d sell most of my 1/6 and keep only the really sentimental ones.

Can’t believe I was ever excited enough about Winston Churchill to buy his doll.

‘unexpected accents’, love it. If I could be bothered I’d sell most of my 1/6 and keep only the really sentimental ones.
I don't remember if you were in the 'There Can Be Only One' thread but I got it down to Classic Spidey, which is the core of my geekdom and lives next to a Shepard Fairey print in my living room. I have Snowspeeder Luke on pre-order which -- if I keep it -- will live next to some weird vinyl art on my bookshelf, blissfully disconnected from any other Star Wars figures. I appreciate a beautifully coherent and curated collection, but for me and my space at this time in life, it's a return to simpler placements.
Can’t believe I was ever excited enough about Winston Churchill to buy his doll.
Only on this forum. :ROFLMAO:

Hey @jye4ever how ya feelin' over there? You high as a kite or what?

EDIT: Dunno why I thought I was in the ME ME ME thread. I'm not even high. :LOL:

Last edited:
I don't remember if you were in the 'There Can Be Only One' thread but I got it down to Classic Spidey, which is the core of my geekdom and lives next to a Shepard Fairey print in my living room. I have Snowspeeder Luke on pre-order which -- if I keep it -- will live next to some weird vinyl art on my bookshelf, blissfully disconnected from any other Star Wars figures. I appreciate a beautifully coherent and curated collection, but for me and my space at this time in life, it's a return to simpler placements.
I narrowed it down to my custom Einstein, but I reckon there'd be maybe five others I'd have a hard time parting with. A return to simple would be nice I think. And selling 36 figures, even at MSRP, would net a nice amount.

I narrowed it down to my custom Einstein, but I reckon there'd be maybe five others I'd have a hard time parting with. A return to simple would be nice I think. And selling 36 figures, even at MSRP, would net a nice amount.
Ah yes ... now I remember!

It's actually shocking when you see all the money come back.

I agree to many different scales in one room just looks like mish mosh .i sold everything under 1/6 scale.

I think that’s part of it for me actually. I want my office to look nice, sleek and as devoid of stress as possible. The 1/12s make it look messy whereas the 1/6s and my music/vinyl collection look gorgeous together.

I collect slightly less common stuff too. No Marvel or DC (other than a Reeve and a Cavill Superman.)

Please don’t let the following start a political divide, because you never know I might want it for ironic reasons or I might love her, but god I’d enjoy owning a Thatcher 1/6th!

Back