Another Disappointed Customer here

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gambit

Super Freak
Reaction score
I did not want to continue from the other post as it become so long.

Previously, I paid 55 $ for shipment of kit Fisto and as you might agree, this high shipping cost is killing me. Therefore, I contacted Customer service and after a few e-mails, Jennifer confirmed that she put a note to all my orders not to ship any 12" items by itself.

However, later on, Lottie contacted me and queried a problem with the delivery adress and credit card, I re-entered all the info and request Lottie to keep the Anakin in stock as agreed with Jennifer and make Jennifer CC to the e-mail as well.

One day later, I saw the e-mail of Fedex tracking and the invoice from SS.

I wrote e-mails instantly to both Jennifer and Lottie but the answer I received from Lottie was: "there is not any new order coming next 2 weeks so we shipped it".

My disappointment is: one customer service rep is confirming the order will be hold, but the order is shipping by another rep regardless of the note and requests of me. I wasn't into Anakin SDCC sith 12" so much and SS charged me 47$ again for shipment. I really would cancel this one if I knew that it would be shipped seperately by itself as opposed to what promised.

This is the sort of thing that I've seen many complain about. Sideshow should have an option that you can click when ordering to combine orders if the shipment will be within a certain time period of each other. Let the customer choose and let the options be like hold for two weeks or a month if another item will be shipping during that period.

I know Amazon has an option like that to "combine shipping" to get the cheapest shipping price.

I think it is policy that items can be asked to be shipped together, if they arrive within two weeks of each other. It looks to me the misunderstanding is that you may have wanted it held, sure, but when no other item arrived or was ordered the sole item shipped. Are you wanting your items held indefinitely till you happen to order another at some stage? I can't tell form your post, so that is why I have made this comment. Items can't be held for too long or orders would start stockpiling.

Even though you have tried to get your initial concern dealt with and it wasn't to your satisfaction, you should still be communicating what has happened to customer services, and work with them until you have reached a satisfactory outcome. Perhaps you confused the issue, by repeating your wish of having the item held, to two customer service people. It probably would have been better if you let Lottie deal with the credit card issue, and Jennifer to deal with the shipping issue.

Keep the lines open and communicate with customer service, or it will just happen again. It will get sorted out. Sounds like a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing.

creecher said:
I think it is policy that items can be asked to be shipped together, if they arrive within two weeks of each other. It looks to me the misunderstanding is that you may have wanted it held, sure, but when no other item arrived or was ordered the sole item shipped. Are you wanting your items held indefinitely till you happen to order another at some stage? I can't tell form your post, so that is why I have made this comment. Items can't be held for too long or orders would start stockpiling.

Yeah, they will hold them for like two weeks but if there isn't anything coming in it just clogs up the works for them to hold it for longer than that. It sucks for you that the timing wasn't better but in no way is this SS fault. I don't think it's fair to expect them to hold onto something for an extended period of time just to make things easier on yourself.

Exactly, if they were to start holding items indefinitely until there were enough to make a large shipment, it would eat up a lot of warehouse space not to mention the confusion and extra workload. This is not to mention the increased possiblity of shipping mistakes.

I know the 2 week policy has been discussed a lot and there are several threads here on the board about it. Definitely a great generousity of SS and I have to agree that holding anything beyond 2 weeks would just be asking too much of SS.

I do not expect SS to keep any item more than the acceptable time frame.
I mean there are thousands of customers and they do not have the Sahra desert as warehouse and eventually they have to ship.

But,

I would like to be informed prior to shipment that this item will be shipped by itself only, so that I would be eligible to cancel the item for not having the combined shipment advantage.

Creecher, I am trying to call them but there is a problem whether with their lines or Russia lines nowadays. There is also this 18 hours time difference. I sent lots of e-mails to jennifer on the subject and after my credit card is charged and the item is shipped, what kind of satisfactory solution I can have on this order ? Only the promise for the next order may be, which the left hand will not know probably.

Firefly fanatic, I agree with your advise that a combine shipping box should be made avaliable, at least for international customers as we are paying 400 % more shipping cost

Just imagine if hundreds of buyers would ask the same thing.Sideshows' warehouse would be full of items that are already sold.That would take too much place.They are kind enough to keep it for 2 weeks....I live in Canada and am paying 35$ for shipping of a 12'' everytime + the fed ex guy charge me like 20$ at the door for the custom.So, a 12'' from Sideshow actually cost me 110$.And rarely do I complain. Hey, this hobby is a luxury.

Okay, I get the holding for two weeks thing being reasonable. But, I've seen people complaining about getting separate shipments for items being mailed out the same day or week, even after they requested they be shipped together. I've been pretty lucky because I do make sure I call early enough to request items to be shipped together but others have complained that they have done the same and it comes in different shipments and are charged for each shipment.

I agree that if this has been asked for and something gets mixed up it's worth calling and finding out what happened. I also understand and don't find it a problem at all to be notified if the item can't be held. I just find asking for more than two weeks a tad much.

Shai Hulud said:
That would take too much place.

I live in Canada and am paying 35$ for shipping of a 12'' everytime + the fed ex guy charge me like 20$ at the door for the custom.So, a 12'' from Sideshow actually cost me 110$.And rarely do I complain. Hey, this hobby is a luxury.

Shai, I do not expect them to keep more than the time frame. I just want to be advised that it will be shipped seperately and so that I can have the chance to cancel it.

you, as a Canadian, are earning money in $ and your life avaerage is higher than Russia and Turkey. so I do not expect you to understand why I open this topic. In Russia people are working 1 month and getting only 200 $ salary. In TUrkey average salary per month is around 400 $.
therefore, combined shipment means something to me.

I accept that collecting is a luxury as I spent more than 500 $ per month, but still I would like to have the chance to cancel an item with prior information given, as promised by Jennifer.

Sorry I can't add any more advice gambit. I do understand and share you problem, that is why I don't order direct. I know you dont have the luxury I do of having a local distributor. So I think that your situation warrants special attention from Sideshow.

The fact is, Sideshow used to send all items out as they became available. The recent advent of them holding items over, is just something they do out of the kindness of their hearts. That means complaints of items shipping separately have no validation. That is unless things have changed again, even more recently. This is why Sideshow sometimes appear to be doing the wrong thing by collectors, when in reality they may not be.

I agree with you Gambit!

Here in sweden a studen gets about 100$ a month.

And if you go to a harder school, you don't have the time to get a job unless on the weekends. and then you don't get it because other students who goes "easier" schools can job after school on weekdays...

and then to pay 55-100$ in shipping for each item makes it very hard for us to collect!

Combined shipping to avoid unnecessary cost is just a normal service for the client IMO. 2 weeks is acceptable, how ever exceptions should be possible. I can understand that someone paying high shipping fees rather cancels an single item, than to pay the high shipping cost. Communication is the key.

Some of these recent SS complaints are too funny :rotfl

Businesses need to move stock so they can bring in the next batch.

I read it and I've read how SS can only hold something so long, note on the account or not.

The expectations of some amaze me.

EVILFACE said:
I read it and I've read how SS can only hold something so long, note on the account or not.

The expectations of some amaze me.

With all due respect, you didn't read it for comprehension apparently. The person is angry that he didn't get a chance to cancel / wasn't notified of the shipment before hand. And smart ### comments when a person has a real problem don't really contribute to the conversation, so why clutter them?

Nothing wrong with my reading comprehension.

I guess from now on, in every thread posted we need to ask for the "DouglasMcc TM" clarification.

EVILFACE said:
Nothing wrong with my reading comprehension.

I guess from now on, in every thread posted we need to ask for the "DouglasMcc TM" clarification.

:lol :lol :lol :eek:

Back