1/6 Animated Clone Wars Anakin & Obi-Wan Sixth Scale Figures!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think these look great, however I'm in the camp of preferring the realistic interpretation that HT has produced thus far. Very cool for those who wanted this option though...and really looks like they nailed it in 3D form!

Damn. Now there are two of them. One realistic and one animated. Decisions, decisions :gah:

Hot Toys has always done realistic sculpts perfectly, and comicy/animated looks have been Sideshow's wheelhouse. Good on them for making these, and good for everyone who wanted the more animated look for these characters, and can now have them. Would imagine they'll do some other characters in the animated look too, can't imagine they'd get the license for two figures.

Also, power move by Sideshow to put a Clone War Kenobi out while Hot Toys drags their feet on that figure for some reason. I don't speak nicely of Sideshow much anymore but that's a great move on their end.

Not interested myself, but I think Hot Toys should let Sideshow have these. It's more up SS's alley than trying to compete with HT on likenesses.

This is how HT should release their "Clone Wars" line. Don't understand the realistic versions.

Because Hot Toys entire thing is realism? For every collector that wanted the screen accurate look, there's another that wanted realism to match the rest of their display.

Now both options are a reality, so I don't know why people are salty at Hot Toys for not making this. They're better in Sideshow's hands anyway.

It made more sense for Hot Toys to do realistic interpretations in my opinion. They’re going to look better side by side with the rest of our Hot Toys Star Wars figures instead of standing out.

That said these animated versions by Sideshow do look pretty good. I don’t feel the need to get them though.

These do look really well done, but I was never a huge fan of that blocky animated style to begin with so will still prefer having the more realistic versions.

It?s going to be very frustrating when SS releases animated style Padme, Mace and other figures we want HT to do. That said, these bodies and accessories (if done correctly) would make assembling a custom pretty easy.

Do people actually prefer the cartoon style for their figure display than a real-world interpretation? I guess it is a nice way to delineate the differences between mediums.

I just feel like CW is its own thing, and so are the movies. But when HT started making CW figures, they are forcing the live action elements onto the CW designs.

The animated designs are so well done and the show itself is amazing. It feels like we're getting Ewan complying as a CW version of his own character.

I have to agree with davejames, the blocky designs never appealed to me much. When I watch all I hear is Sting's quiet echo... I want my M T V...

That's pretty awesome, I'm into it. Although how into it I am depends on price...
I would love it if they made an animated style CW Ahsoka too. (I couldn't get into Hot Toys young version because it wasn't based on any realistic appearance and was more of an artists interpretation of what they think she might look like.)

Do people actually prefer the cartoon style for their figure display than a real-world interpretation? I guess it is a nice way to delineate the differences between mediums.

The cartoon is well regarded, while the movies...

I'm very tempted!

1200_previewbanner_100462_AnakinFig2.jpg
1200_previewbanner_100463_ObiFig.jpg

They work great in 1/6 scale imo. Hot Toys nailed it with the Spider-Verse figures. I thought they would have included animated sculpts of their own with their Clone Wars figures but they didn't. These will be cool to have on display to actually represent the show. Hope Sideshow gets around to announcing them instead of letting them rot away in a vault. Also always been a huge fan of the work Darren Marshall did on the Clone Wars and the look he established.

Sideshow might even do an animated sculpt Ahsoka.

mgid:ao:image:mtv.com:691881

87493375_10156935658402344_8958262831162064896_n.jpg

08-Anakin-Character-Sculpture.jpg

03-General-Grevious-Sculpture.jpg

02-Obi-Wan-Sculpture.jpg

Back