1/6 Animated Clone Wars Anakin & Obi-Wan Sixth Scale Figures!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like this Yoda a lot. Let’s see the final product first but I’m likely to buy this. Ventress would be amazing!! She’s one of my most wanted figures

I can't go down another rabbit hole but these three do really look great; if I were huge into TCW I'd definitely grab them.

Yoda does look great. Been burned by Sideshow too many times recently to preorder but if Ani and Obi turn out fine, I’ll likely be all-in.

I’m hovering over the pre-order button. Might only be a one off for me, but for some reason this Yoda stands out to me. If it was more expensive I wouldn’t be so tempted, but for $165 it seems like a gamble I’m willing to take.

I might be the only person on this forum that has all three pre-ordered. These look fantastic.
It’s probably just post traumatic Grievous stress disorder for most people. People have that fresh in their minds and that makes them a little hesitant to pre-order. The prototypes of these look amazing, but let’s see how the production pieces turn out. Personally I think they’ll nail it with these and it’ll get them solidly back into the sixth scale market. Clone Wars is a goldmine for them if they get it right. If this works out well for them I could also see them giving us an animated Rebels line somewhere down the line.

These are all new bodies so hopefully they put some work into them to make them actually last.
Did they state this?

Chris is correct; they did talk about that in a presentation when they were first revealed.

Although I’m still wary because new doesn’t automatically mean better. Nor does it technically even have to mean all new.

Every body they’ve used was new at some point and they have not held up well.

It’s probably just post traumatic Grievous stress disorder for most people. People have that fresh in their minds and that makes them a little hesitant to pre-order. The prototypes of these look amazing, but let’s see how the production pieces turn out. Personally I think they’ll nail it with these and it’ll get them solidly back into the sixth scale market. Clone Wars is a goldmine for them if they get it right. If this works out well for them I could also see them giving us an animated Rebels line somewhere down the line.

You’re right, though it’s not just Grievous. Many of the figures they’ve released over the last few years have had noticeable drops in quality. Even later batches of the same figure like Mythos Obi-Wan had a huge downgrade with the body and paint.

I want these to come out well because there’s a lot of potential. And I still have Sideshow Clones that these would look great with.

But it’s better to set expectations low and be pleasantly surprised than to be disappointed.

Bodies aside, Sideshow released some solid figures at the height of their 1/6 run. That’s in the pretty distant past at this point, though. Current Sideshow just doesn’t seem to have enough resources dedicated to figures to do them justice. Hopefully they’re more dedicated this time.

That said, there is no reason to preorder. These won’t sell out. Wait till the reviews are in. Don’t give them a deposit.

I‘m waiting like most. I do remember my SS Rex, Wolffe, Echo and Fives were solid. However, I heard bad things about Mythos Fett and Kenobi. The Grievous debacle showed they still have a ways to go to move up in the 1/6 scale arena.

Palpatine. I can see it now. I can also see a Darth Sidious. Those would pull me in. Dooku would pull me in. As of now, with only the 3 jedi offering, I will hold ground untill sith appear.

Chris is correct; they did talk about that in a presentation when they were first revealed.

Although I’m still wary because new doesn’t automatically mean better. Nor does it technically even have to mean all new.

Every body they’ve used was new at some point and they have not held up well.

You’re right, though it’s not just Grievous. Many of the figures they’ve released over the last few years have had noticeable drops in quality. Even later batches of the same figure like Mythos Obi-Wan had a huge downgrade with the body and paint.

I want these to come out well because there’s a lot of potential. And I still have Sideshow Clones that these would look great with.

But it’s better to set expectations low and be pleasantly surprised than to be disappointed.

Bodies aside, Sideshow released some solid figures at the height of their 1/6 run. That’s in the pretty distant past at this point, though. Current Sideshow just doesn’t seem to have enough resources dedicated to figures to do them justice. Hopefully they’re more dedicated this time.

That said, there is no reason to preorder. These won’t sell out. Wait till the reviews are in. Don’t give them a deposit.
Definitely not pre-ordering, I’ve learned my lesson with that and Sideshow. Like many others I’ll wait until the first reviews come in. Someone needs to take one for the team, and I guess that guy will be Justin… as he buys everything.

Ventress
Ahsoka
Dooku
Cad Bane

But honestly, would be all in for HONDO! Also Luminara and Bariss.
star-wars-hondo.gif

This is where Sideshow really shines. Stylized figures could be their bread and butter if they chose to stay in their lane. The Joe line comes to mind. These will be great if they can sort out the body issues.

Back