ANH & ESB DARTH VADER life-size displays complete!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gino

Super Freak
Reaction score
I can finally say that my quest to create the most accurate Darth Vader displays has come to an end.

I hope you like him. I had a very difficult time deciding on the poses as well as how to light him.

I'm interested in hearing which pics you like the best.

DARTH VADER: A New Hope

anhvader_final_1.JPG

anhvader_final_2.JPG

anhvader_final_3.JPG

anhvader_final_4.JPG

anhvader_final_5.JPG

anhvader_final_6.JPG

Here's the ESB pics.

DARTH VADER: The Empire Strikes Back

esbvader_final_1.JPG

esbvader_final_2.JPG

esbvader_final_3.JPG

esbvader_final_4.JPG

Thanks.
I've been into props/costumes since 1993 and Vader was my first project.
I've been improving the display ever since then, but it wasn't like I worked on him straight through.
If I had to build another one, I could do it in a jiffy now that I have all the molds and patterns.

Same with the mannequins. Building them up the first time took a bit of adjusting to get right, but if I had to do it now I could make short work of it.

I have all three mannequins completed with the exception of the ROTJ needing it's helmet painted.

Amazing!, like he stepped off screen..perfect!!..i think they are both equally awesome.

This one says ANH most to me.

anhvader_final_2.JPG

This one best represents him in ESB to me. You've got some classic poses captured, but I think this sums up how Vader had a very military leader type roll in ESB, mainly calling the shots and standing as a figure of authority and control.

esbvader_final_2.JPG

With all the "crew" Vader goes through in ESB a choking pose would be perfect IMO. :vader

Thanks guys.

Love this pic in particular, I notice that you went with two "silver" tusks.

Actually his right tusk has the black paint wash on it.
In the film both tusks are machined aluminum. His right one throughout the entire movie (only one helmet was used) had a black wash of paint on it. When looking at it, it looks like the black has been rubbed off, but sometimes it's hard to see in pics with the light glaring off the exposed aluminum.

There are no words.

Your stuff is perfection, Gino. :bow :bow :bow

I wish replicas of this caliber were available for purchase. :monkey2

Wicked cool Vaders!

I have a soft spot for ANH's version so that one really impressed me, looks like the actual Vader from the movie to me. I like Vader's "rougher" appearance in that first film.

I can finally say that my quest to create the most accurate Darth Vader displays has come to an end.

I hope you like him. I had a very difficult time deciding on the poses as well as how to light him.
anhvader_final_6.JPG

that pose looks terrible. not screen accurate at all.

:D
just messing witcha.
great work, man.

Back