ANH Buckets

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
haha I know what you mean about them feeling damp. Mine felt slimy when I first got them.

If theyre 3d printed, then its probably the smoothing solution/process that makes them feel like that. I hope you guys washed them really well before painting them.

Yes - Frosted Ultra Detail will be the best. The White Strong Flexible has a very sandy texture to it. FUD is more expensive but a lot smoother / better quality.

Of the three materials Shapeways offers, which gives you the best results? FUD?
Thanks

Hey Will,

Hows the project coming along? Thought I'd just check in and see if you've made any progress with purchasing any equipment for the re-casts :)

I've never ordered from Shapeways, i've looked on the site and I can't see anywhere that says the cost of postage. Do you just have to contact the maker of the item?

I've never ordered from Shapeways, i've looked on the site and I can't see anywhere that says the cost of postage. Do you just have to contact the maker of the item?

Are you in the U.S or Europe? I'm in the U.K and shipping is around £13.00

Updated pics with some weathering on the bucket.

IMG_3479.JPG
IMG_3481.JPGIMG_3480.JPG

Looks great! I need to get mine painted up. Do you have any tips as to what paint colours to use? Are they just standard Model paints?

Looks great! I need to get mine painted up. Do you have any tips as to what paint colours to use? Are they just standard Model paints?

Thanks for the compliment! I used some acrylics from a local hobby shop, the brand is Colvin & Co. Colours used were Burnt umber, Yellow oghre, Titanium white & Lamp black.
I mixed up a few colours on a palette, added a little water & just experimented with dabbing a paper towel in the paint, then applied to the helmet in various areas.
I then used an old toothbrush, more paper towels to wipe away excess paint until you find the desired effect.

Thanks for the compliment! I used some acrylics from a local hobby shop, the brand is Colvin & Co. Colours used were Burnt umber, Yellow oghre, Titanium white & Lamp black.
I mixed up a few colours on a palette, added a little water & just experimented with dabbing a paper towel in the paint, then applied to the helmet in various areas.
I then used an old toothbrush, more paper towels to wipe away excess paint until you find the desired effect.

Thanks for the info :wink1:

Has anyone been in contact with Solo-Bones about the casting project with these? I know a few of us put some money up front, just wondering whats happening as I haven't seen Solo in any threads for ages?:dunno

Back