ANH Buckets

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just catching up with this thread... great to see Solobones back and this project back on track! Would be so great see a smoothed, cleanly cast and ready-to-paint 1/6 stunt stormie available for collectors.

It's amazing how many companies have made 1/6 stormies over the years and yet this classic "stunt" look - the MOST iconic look for stormies of all - has never been available in 1/6 (ignoring the 1/7 Gentle Giant bust.)

I just got an IM from an old friend, KatKuru, about a local company who can create the casting molds for me. Maybe I will try a cast with them as well, depends on the cost, but i will definitely be buying a purpose-built casting pot and then do my own casts and cut and create new helmet shapes and then go have new molds made as well. That will be the only way to keep costs of the helmets down.

Thanks for the welcome back, gents, as well as the well wishes. It means a lot.

Spoke with some guys today who have a pressure vacuum to make silicone molds for the helmets. They are going to take the project on, so I've got to prep the helmets. They are going to make solid helmets for reuse of making a mold and where I can use a pressure pot for future molds. Apparently, you can crush a helmet if it's hollow..or something along those lines? Anyway, it's moving forward agin.

Here's some updated photos.

IMG_5622.jpg

IMG_5616.jpg

IMG_5614.jpg

That's a fine display solobones, Jazz's dioramas are first class too!

I'm proud to be a member of this forum when I see all this passion for a great project. Thanks Solo_bones!

sweet will I would like a few helmets to go with my sideshow stormies

Soon, GG.....very soon.

That's a fine display solobones, Jazz's dioramas are first class too!

Thanks, Irezumi. Jazz's work takes this hobby to a new level. I added some future floor shine to the floor in order to give it the reflection, as it was in the film.

I'm proud to be a member of this forum when I see all this passion for a great project. Thanks Solo_bones!
'

Well said. All of the work being done in these threads is amazing. I just hope I can successfully move this thing along and give people some options on customized figures.

Those pictures look superb Solo. Great to see you back in the game my friend. :duff

Thanks, Adam!

I'm working on some variants in anticipation for this casting gig. I want a Han and Luke pair for my Chewbacca that I recently PO'd.

Here's a smaller Stormtroooer with TTM-22 body and Marmit Armor.

IMG_5784.jpg

IMG_5783.jpg

IMG_5785.jpg

I'll eventually mix and match with Hot Toys armor as it bevaimes available.

Spoke with some guys today who have a pressure vacuum to make silicone molds for the helmets [...]

Great to see you back, Solo. You may have seen my post a while back along the lines of "...hope everything's all right..." -- you've been a solid and enthusiastic member on this board forever, so I had a bad feeling about your sudden absence. Glad to hear you're in recovery from a pretty serious health issue.

I will enthusiastically support any endeavour to make these helmets available. I did wind up buying a couple of copies from Shapeways when they were available, but have had ZERO time to work with them.

I'm familiar with your passion for this project, and look forward to it coming together. Welcome back! :stormtroo:stormtroo:stormtroo:stormtroo:stormtroo:stormtroo

Thanks ZE_501 and mancutd, it means a lot. I really appreciate the support.

I spoke to the guys and they are going to start on molds this Wednesday, at least try to kick off the project. I'm preparing my helmets for them now.

Thanks ZE_501 and mancutd, it means a lot. I really appreciate the support.

I spoke to the guys and they are going to start on molds this Wednesday, at least try to kick off the project. I'm preparing my helmets for them now.

Hey Solo, Is there any update on this yet?

Yes, they said they Used old silicone and so it bubbled more than they thought. I asked if they needed a vaccum but they say no. So they are trying again this weekend.

Here was their first attempt:

IMG_6392.jpg

Progress is being made. I won't let this die, this has been my dream for many years now.

Progress is being made. I won't let this die, this has been my dream for many years now.

You and me both my friend. Can't wait to get some of these painted up and finally have my "definitive" stormie. I'm going to mod one of mine and try and make it as screen accurate as possible I.e armour weathering, taped calf armour joins, paint slop etc...

Just got back from a trip and great to see a MOLD ready to go here on this project (even if it needs to be redone)! Awesome to think a stunt ANH stormie be a reality in a month or so. Can't wait.:clap

EDIT: Haha - just noticed Solo_bones is based on Oahu - I was in Honolulu! Synchronicity!:hi5:

Back