ANH Buckets

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coincidentally the Shapeways ANH buckets are no longer available on the Shapeways website.

Yeah, this is a bummer. The only problem with the Shapeways prints were the roughness and Solo Bones was smoothing those out and making "clean" helmets available without all the sanding. I really hope this project hasn't disappeared forever.

Yeah, this is a bummer. The only problem with the Shapeways prints were the roughness and Solo Bones was smoothing those out and making "clean" helmets available without all the sanding. I really hope this project hasn't disappeared forever.

Well, I have one I haven't touched. I could eventually (not like i have the time) sand it and tweak it, and recast it if need be. But that's nothing that'd happen anytime soon. I also wouldn't sell those -- it'd be a passion project at best.

I have access to a laser scanner. Don't know how accurate it'd be, but my other train of thought, would be to scan it or a full-size prop, and then contact an industrial company to see if I could print it in something smoother/higher resolution.

The issues: 1. Time -- that's non-trivial. 2. Intellectual Property 3. Even if I'm not selling it, the companies I deal with may not want to go near that.

I'm sorry, I contacted all involved on this and repid with interest. No legitimate excuses, I lost my job and then ended up in ER, months of hell. I repaid all with interest along with my apologies, embarrassment and shame. I never meant to dissapear, I was just hoping it turn around a lot sooner and then shame prevented me from communicating.

From now on this project is funded by my finances and it's back on. I had the compressor sitting and now I am going to buy a nice, safe casting pressure pot, then a mold vaccum, etc etc. I'm not experienced and it will take some time. I still have 3 buckets ready for casting, two size variants.

I'm, so very sorry for dissapearing.

I had a pulmonary embolism and I'm now taking blood thinners until my clot is absorbed.

Respectfully,

Bones

I'm sorry, I contacted all involved on this and repid with interest. No legitimate excuses, I lost my job and then ended up in ER, months of hell. I repaid all with interest along with my apologies, embarrassment and shame. I never meant to dissapear, I was just hoping it turn around a lot sooner and then shame prevented me from communicating.

From now on this project is funded by my finances and it's back on. I had the compressor sitting and now I am going to buy a nice, safe casting pressure pot, then a mold vaccum, etc etc. I'm not experienced and it will take some time. I still have 3 buckets ready for casting, two size variants.

I had a pulmonary embolism and I'm now taking blood thinners until my clot is absorbed.

Respectfully,

Bones

So sorry to hear all of this Will. Happy to hear you are on the mend and back at it.

Real life happens to us all. Take care my friend.

Respectfully,

Bones

Hi Will, I received your email, and I'm very glad to hear all is well again. There are no hard feelings from my end, and you deserve a lot of respect for making things right again and coming back here. I'm super stoked this project is back on track, and I'm still very interested! I'll write you some more in a PM or email later. :)

So sorry to hear all of this Will. Happy to hear you are on the mend and back at it.

Real life happens to us all. Take care my friend.

Thanks, Chris. It was the worst not being able to respond back sooner and fix things. Now that I have landed firmly on my feet I can get back to business here on the forum and take on this financial expense myself.

On a side note, I think I should be fine with me PE. I have insurance again, so that's done....whew. I really feel for people who fall on hard times and don't have coverage.

Man, sorry to hear that. get better......definitely up for a couple of these, once all health issues are cleared!

Thank you. I'm much better now and this will eventually move along. next week i plan on ordering the pressure pot.

Hi Will, I received your email, and I'm very glad to hear all is well again. There are no hard feelings from my end, and you deserve a lot of respect for making things right again and coming back here. I'm super stoked this project is back on track, and I'm still very interested! I'll write you some more in a PM or email later. :)

Thanks so much for your understanding.

Glad to hear from you again, Will. PE's are bad news. Glad to hear that you are on the mend.

I had this project stalled, so still have three buckets ready for mold making. I'm feeling much, much better...rebounding was relatively quick, although once in a while i can tell when blood flow is changing in my lungs, even with blood thinners.

Will - welcome back. Good luck with the recovery.

-
Dennis

Thank you, Dennis!!! It's good to be back and be square.

Another shot of my two Troopers.

IMG_5729.jpg

Makes such a huge difference. Wish Shapeways still had them. I needed one more for future Han in stormtrooper disguise.

Just catching up with this thread... great to see Solobones back and this project back on track! Would be so great see a smoothed, cleanly cast and ready-to-paint 1/6 stunt stormie available for collectors.

It's amazing how many companies have made 1/6 stormies over the years and yet this classic "stunt" look - the MOST iconic look for stormies of all - has never been available in 1/6 (ignoring the 1/7 Gentle Giant bust.)

Just catching up with this thread... great to see Solobones back and this project back on track! Would be so great see a smoothed, cleanly cast and ready-to-paint 1/6 stunt stormie available for collectors.

It's amazing how many companies have made 1/6 stormies over the years and yet this classic "stunt" look - the MOST iconic look for stormies of all - has never been available in 1/6 (ignoring the 1/7 Gentle Giant bust.)

Back