Amoktime releasing their own horror figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered straight from Amok.

I pre-ordered and had to pay via Paypal for the regular Shorty figure..about 30.00..then a few months later they released the exclusive..I ask if I could combine the two and was told to just pre-order the exclusive and they would be added together..I did so and had to pay shipping again which ended up being another 30.00 .

I've emailed them several times, got one response, I explained the situation, and nothing since..I was just ignored. :/

Yeah, good luck emailing them about anything. Customer service oriented, they are not. Small company or not, customer service makes or breaks repeat customers.

If you use Paypal you have to pay ahead... that seems to be standard for most online retailers. But if you use a credit card they don't charge until its available.

If I had done some research and found out how long they usually take I prob would have waited...I was just so excited I jump in blind...so it's also my fault, but I'm still irked.

Don't these constantly shifting dates hurt their business ? I know they sold on ebay and to to other online retailers that have to keep telling their customers to be patient as well.

I dont know if its just because I havent had a decent salary increase in awhile, while fuel and groceries keep going up, so I am now paying more attention to what I buy...or if the prices for this stuff is getting waaaay out of hand.

Anyone know if Executive Replicas has a customer support e-mail?

I bought a Barbara, knowing there was a wrist problem, but took a chance anyway hoping I'd get lucky and lost my bet. Within a day of owning her, wrist breaks with hardly any force applied to it.

Looking for a replacement wrist peg and hand.

I bought a Barbara, knowing there was a wrist problem, but took a chance anyway hoping I'd get lucky and lost my bet. Within a day of owning her, wrist breaks with hardly any force applied to it.

If possible, you'd probably be better off porting her to another body.

You figure the replacement will break as well?

I'd like to get her on a true type, those BBI hands can't grip the knife she comes with, I can only rest it against the fingers. Just not sure how compatible she'd be on one.

You figure the replacement will break as well?

I'd like to get her on a true type, those BBI hands can't grip the knife she comes with, I can only rest it against the fingers. Just not sure how compatible she'd be on one.

I'd have to see the body to tell you. I wanted to pick her up so badly since the Cemetary Zombie was just an awesome figure all around but ultimately I passed after reading Crawford's review and then doing a bit of research, seeing all the breakage she was suffering from. I don't expect much for what AT charges for their figures but I at least expect them not to break.

Yeah, I was real hesitant to buy after reading his review but I broke down when I found her for 33% off. I guess after buying a new body, it'll even out my savings.

I have a female true to test compatibility but it would be coming from Silk Spectre and I won't be able to get the costume off easily. I'll probably get Sarah Conner and just test then.

If anyone has a Barbara and a true type and is willing to test, let me know.

I dont know if its just because I havent had a decent salary increase in awhile, while fuel and groceries keep going up, so I am now paying more attention to what I buy...or if the prices for this stuff is getting waaaay out of hand.

as much as those pieces are awesome, they are way overpriced. I'd love to have them, but i'm not spending that much on them. I could make the helmets myself...

If you go to their web site there are two contact phone numbers. Here is the story I was given by two of the sculptors who work for ER. Executive Replicas was aware of the problems with this run of figures as soon as they came in from overseas, and were working to resolve the issues. When Mike Crawford posted his review he never bothered to contact ER and ask if they were aware of the problem. Had he done that he could have reported that they were fixing the issues. I was also told that the factory who made that run of figures would not be used again. ER's regular factory does not have a stock female body at this point, so they tried using another factory to get the figures out. You should contact them and see if they can't get you replacement hands.

As I understand it the prices of all the materials that go into making these figures is going up as well. China and other countries where these items are manufactured are starting to charge more for their services. Smaller companies like Amok Time and Executive Replicas are not getting rich off of small production runs of obscure characters. It's impressive that they have been able to continue in the economic state of the world at this time. I feel your pain. I missed out on the 12 inch Peter and Egon because I didn't have funds available when they came up for purchase. At least these more obscure items don't sell out right away and there is time to get them before you have to pay more on the secondary market.

I forgot all the stuff I ordered from Amoktime, I've given up pretty much on their stuff ever coming out. I think the credit card I used with them doesn't even work anymore and I won't bother to reorder. Really wanted that Killer klown and 1/6 bub though

Back