Alternate Concept Movie Nick Fury -

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hollis DZC

Super Freak
Reaction score
---Please, feel free to post your versions of Nick Fury here ---

First off, I'm a big SLJ fan.In the new Marvel Ultimates Universe, he is the perfect Nick Fury.

But, I'm a old time comic guy too. I grew up with Nick Fury of SHIELD being a unshaven white guy who fought in WWII, leading the Howling Commandos. Back in the day, I had a huge comic collection. Most of the Howling Commandos, every single issue of Captain America, the Avengers, and SHIELD. (amongst many others...)

So, I thought I'd bash a new Nick Fury, one with ties to the Marvel movie-verse and the comics I grew up with.

For the movies, he's dressed in all black. Military gear. No long coat...

Boots- ACI boots, no other choice...

Pants - Crye styled pants -

Sweater - an old fashioned "wooly pully" from ACI.

Drop-down holster - went round and round whether it should be a shoulder holster or a drop-down, the drop-down won...

Body - had to be a big muscular Nick Fury. Another nod to the comics. Fortunantly, I had an old 21C Misfits body. They are underappreciated, but quite nice.

Patches- Casual Collector hooked me up!! Thanks bro!
It was a tough choice, movie or comic version patch?? Finally went with the movie version, I'll make a comic version Nick Fury later...

And, I had to add the comics nametags "FURY" and "SHIELD"

What head? Had to be a well known tough guy actor. Who has done sterling work in war movies. An action hero. Lots of choices to be sure.

Then it hit me! You saw him as the first Col. Jack O'Neill in the original Stargate movie! As the bred for battle warrior in "Soldier"!

Yes, for me it had to be Kurt Russell as Nick Fury of SHIELD. I snagged one of Frontline Hero Head's sculpt of Kurt Russell in Soldier. Perfect. Crewcut and all.

I'm not the best painter by any means, but I sure tried hard!

NickFury004.jpg

NickFury003.jpg

NickFury005.jpg

NickFury006.jpg

NickFury009.jpg

NickFury001.jpg

Hope you enjoy him! I had a blast making him!! I may add some belt pouches, a pistol ammo one, and perhaps another small one, a compass pouch perhaps. And, I think that ever since WWII, Nick Fury has carried a knife!

:clap Freakin' Awesome Rex! Kurt Russell would make a perfect Fury. I like SLJ too, but think coming up with your own Alternate Fury and who you think would make a good Fury is a great idea. Working on my now, just waiting for the last two components and he's done.

I'm going to have to get some pics of my WIP Fury then. Its more of a comic Fury, but I think its realistic enough to have been a movie version if you don't care that he has white boots and gloves.

Its not all that far off from Sideshow's recent Fury, although I have been working on mine for a couple of years on and off now :lol

I think that would make for a decent white movie version of Fury though! :rock

Nice job Buttmunch. Loving the cigar. Have one on my Fury but not in his mouth, just holding it. Just waiting for my shoulder holster, then I'll take some 'crappy' photos, lol. Don't have a fancy camera, but do want to share my Fury. Hope to see some other peoples version.

Just realize, that's Bruce Willis. Guess he does make a great Nick Fury.

Thanks much Leo! Looking forward to seeing your Fury!!

Buttmunch, that Rocks!! I didn't realize it was Bruce Willis with hair until Leo pointed it out and it looks pretty darn cool! I really like the comic version too! I've got a comic Fury head and I'd like to see more pics of yours!

Cigar is perfect! Love the smoke!!

Thanks for the kind words. Hate to burst your bubbles though. Its not Bruce Willis. Its General Hawk, who was based on Robert Redford.

Thanks for the kind words. Hate to burst your bubbles though. Its not Bruce Willis. Its General Hawk, who was based on Robert Redford.

Figured it was Hawk, and heard other's say he looks like Willis. Don't see Redford. Looks good none the less.

Ah hell, thought you'd given ol' Bruce a head of hair! Must have been all the smoke in my eyes from the cigar! :yess::rotfl

Sorry, Photobucket's taking forever today and my crappy camera's batteries died. Got a few I'm still working on. Will post momentarily.

100_5416-1.jpg

Nothing against SLJ playing Nick Fury, but the Hot Toys Nick Fury thread got me think who would had made a great Nick Fury. Saw some of the names being thrown around and came up with my own. Who better to play the cigar chomping Fury then cigar chomping Arnold himself. This is my interpretation of Arnold as Fury.

Body-Hot Toys CR Superman
Head-Hot Toys T2 T800
Boots-Hot Toys Hans Landa
Gloves-Sideshow Cobra
Suit-Inflames Metal Boss
Holster and pistols-Art Figures Avenger
Shoulder Holster-Dragon Kent: Tank Commander

100_5415-1.jpg

100_5414-1.jpg

100_5416-2.jpg

He looks AWESOME Leo!!! The suit and gear really tie it all together great! The Arnold head is perfect! He looks like a modern version of the old comic version!! To say: "Well Done!" is an understatement!! :clap:clap:clap

He looks AWESOME Leo!!! The suit and gear really tie it all together great! The Arnold head is perfect! He looks like a modern version of the old comic version!! To say: "Well Done!" is an understatement!! :clap:clap:clap

Thanks Rex. Crappy camera, he looks a lot better in person. Just gave him a bigger cigar I got from the Blitzway Scarface.

Back