Alternate 1/6 bodies on eBay - "VeryHot", "Kumik"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

youbastards

Super Freak
Reaction score
After picking up some of the Kaustic Plastik bodies and being happy with them, I was curious to see if anyone has had experience with either of these bodies that are currently on eBay?

VERYHOT 1/6 TTM18 Neck Caucasian Narrow Shoulder Figure Body

1/6 Scale Kumik Nude Slim Narrow Shoulder Caucasian Body

The prices are really good on these, and the sellers offer free shipping, but I am concerned about the quality, has anyone had any experience with these? Sorry if this isn't the right place to post, or if there is already another thread that addresses these bodies. I looked but couldn't find anything.

I picked up one of the VERYHOT ones shown in your link and it's fine. I haven't switched out the hands yet, so I can't say whether the pegs are compatible with the HT TTs - but the joints on mine are nice and tight and it holds a pose well. With free shipping it's worth picking up one yourself just to see if it suits.

Doesn't the VERYHOT body have a new 2.0 version? It's a headplay body, right?

Also, are these bodies SLIM or NARROW? Which one? Neither look slim-shouldered to me.

both the bodies are fine ill never buy a tt again only thing is on the kumiks they are pretty much yellow and they only come with one neck and they are left handed the very hot bodies are very similar to ht mins neck is compatible with ht joints not sure bout the hands though

I just bought ten of the Very Hot true type style bodies. They were completely interchangeable with Hot Toys True Type. When I read up reviews some people said they were shiny or glossy, in comparison. I was pleasantly surprised when they were not so glossy, had tight joints, hold a pose well. I paid $25 for them, but now they are $24, so look around and buy them with confidence. Now I just need a few with dark skin tone. I bought mine from head_play on ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/320864138774?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

406016_209999299084224_100002224677271_442872_377611801_n.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/320864138774?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

both the bodies are fine ill never buy a tt again only thing is on the kumiks they are pretty much yellow and they only come with one neck and they are left handed the very hot bodies are very similar to ht mins neck is compatible with ht joints not sure bout the hands though

Yep, same here. The only TT's I will own are the ones that come with boxed figures. TT's are ridiculously priced just like the figures.

I just bought ten of the Very Hot true type style bodies. They were completely interchangeable with Hot Toys True Type. When I read up reviews some people said they were shiny or glossy, in comparison. I was pleasantly surprised when they were not so glossy, had tight joints, hold a pose well. I paid $25 for them, but now they are $24, so look around and buy them with confidence. Now I just need a few with dark skin tone. I bought mine from head_play on ebay.

406016_209999299084224_100002224677271_442872_377611801_n.jpg

I just got one of these myself today and your assessment is right on the money, this is a great cheap alternative to the standard True Type.
The one I got was listed as a narrow shoulder, it's not, it has the same shoulder width of a standard True Type. It also has a different chest sculpt, a little more realistic muscle definition then what's pictured.
The only nit picks I have on this body, is that the seams are a little rough, and that the forward/backward movement at the waist joint, the lateral joint at the hips, and the toe joints were a little loose. Not a big issue at all, I have a True Type Advanced that's knees are far looser then any major joint here (the toes are still much looser). One of the hands is an issue, the left griping hand (not the left pistol grip) is larger then any other hand so doesn't quite match (not that I plan on using any of these).

I'm going to start saving up to buy more of these, reminds me of when I could pick up True Types from Toy Anxiety for $20 a piece.

Yea I got one of the Headplay TT's, pretty good body for the $25ish price.

Is this the one? It comes from the ZCWO "Carson" figure, but the price on ebay is $39. I'm hoping they get mass produced which would bring down the price to $20s

376920_346443305439822_843494195_n.jpg

None to the Advanced. Advanced is now the most sought after rare body replacing Slim... unless HT does a new batch it will only get worse.

So figured what the hell and got one of the round 2 headplay bodies. Actually it's pretty great. There's nothing like a truetype but for almost half the price you really can not complain at all.

joints were tight except the all time worst, the legs laterally. HATE that. it's the hardest to fix because the others you can tighten the screws. But luckily there is a fix. spread the legs as far as they can go laterally and dab glue on the inner joint that is exposed. move the leg a bit so the glue does not dry. it will harden and layer and firm up causing tighter friction when the joint rubs against it.

I will definitely be getting more of these bodies although a warning: they are taller than a TT

None to the Advanced. Advanced is now the most sought after rare body replacing Slim... unless HT does a new batch it will only get worse.

I know a lot of people want a slim but I can't think of one figure I'd use it for that the narrow shoulder wouldn't suffice.

I will definitely be getting more of these bodies although a warning: they are taller than a TT

I didn't notice that. I gotta check that out.

Is anybody selling the African American version. On a related topic has anybody bought Hitteam bodies? Is the neck ball the right size for a Hot Toys head?

I order the unofficial TTM18 from rare-figuretoys on eBay. The last one I got is from the updated version with the Hot Toys pegs and lighter skin tone. VERY happy with it. Improvements on what I just mentioned and the joints are Hot Toys tight.

I am in no way affiliated with the makers or resellers of these bodies (LOL) but I cannot recommend them enough...even moreso now.

Back