ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your pics and that last pose is amazing. Well done sir!
6-35.png

10-29.png

8-33.png

New Beast Wars arrivals,

Inferno, Transmetal Rattrap and Buzzclaw ( Big thanks to this board's very own soundwave for these 3 :) )

Takara LGEX and TG-30 Waspinators to go with the Hasbro one on the far right,

Thanks Reinhardt, and great pics, Corsair. I've always enjoyed BW stuff, especially BW II and Neo

23-8.png

Thanks!

Keep your reviews coming, I've watched the one for the Perfect Effect Lio Convoy several times as it's a figure I'm seriously thinking of getting.

So far I've only watched the first cartoon series but I've enjoyed that enough that I'll give the others a go at some point or other.

But where is the ladder in bot mode? What is this wizardry!?! :horror :confused:

The ladder seems to compress down to about 2inches. I can see it fitting inside starting from bottom grey part to upper red part of his back.

Thrust was always my favourite conehead and I think the MP version looks great! Definitely picking that one up. Loving Inferno too (and really regretting ordering Backdraft now), and I like that you get toon and real world cab fronts, and the one for holding Alert is genius.

The stage is set for the Cheetor reveal,

The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary panel is 11am (Japan time) on Saturday.

There's been some speculation over whether an MP Waspinator will be a suprise reveal but that only seems to have started because the Japanese voice actor for the character is one of the guests on the panel which is hardly a confimation of anything.

If an MP Waspinator did get announced then great, I get another figure of my favorite Predacon, but at this point I'll be happy enough with a first look at Cheetor and seeing how he measures up alongside Optimus Primal who's looking fantastic.

I was so looking forward to Thrust but I honestly think he looks terrible. The red is ugly, the ghost-white face feels really out of place, but worst of all is the grey wings mismatched with the black body. What the hell were they thinking? All of those grey wing bits should be black as well. Really disappointed.

Regarding Inferno, he looks great! And his colored reveal gives us the answer to how the Masterpiece line will proceed following their announcement of doing toon-accurate redecos; Inferno comes with extra accessories to swap-out the chrome bits for flat grey cartoon bits if you're into that sort of thing. This is definitely the best of both worlds, although the mold certainly still skews on the side of toon-simplicity.

I've had pretty mixed feelings on the newer Masterpiece figs.

I skipped Magnus as the size just didn't work for me.
I also skipped Star Saber as he just didn't fit with my collection.
I was pretty disappointed with Tracks, and Hot rod was just ..........OK.

Despite my initial reservations I actually love Ironhide and Ratchet though. They have their flaws, but the transformation is brilliant, loads of accessories and overall I think they are great additions to the line.

Inferno looks like another win for me. Pixie magic has been used to hide that ladder!!
I wasn't really interested in picking up Inferno (as a character) but these pictures have changed my mind and I will be getting one.
I really hope he is an indication of the direction the line will continue in.
Trailbreaker next please :) :)

Bob

Back