ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those "animated/cell-shaded" customs look great!!!

Don't hesitate on getting Badcube's Sunstreaker (Sunsurge).Total WIN! I don't see how Takara can do better

Everything quality and he fits right in the official MP's

Agreed.

Wouldn't mind a new Sideswipe headsculpt now, though... I wish more third parties would get back into that game. :)

Just wanted to share some new customs that were finally delivered: Merry Christmas

View attachment 231716View attachment 231717View attachment 231718View attachment 231719

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Merry Christmas for reals!!!! These things look gorgeous! Congrats!

Just winding down from my Christmas goodies. Got to film two reviews of my latest acquisitions!

First off were a set of upgrade articulated hands for my Datsun Trilogy by Fan Style!

Also got the upgraded Red Plastic version of KFC's Transistor aka Blaster. He's one of my favorite third party figures right now. Just pops right out of the animation! Enjoy the review!

Merry Christmas for reals!!!! These things look gorgeous! Congrats!

Just winding down from my Christmas goodies. Got to film two reviews of my latest acquisitions!

First off were a set of upgrade articulated hands for my Datsun Trilogy by Fan Style!

Also got the upgraded Red Plastic version of KFC's Transistor aka Blaster. He's one of my favorite third party figures right now. Just pops right out of the animation! Enjoy the review!

Hope you had a good Christmas!

I've had the Fan Style hands for a little while now and think they're decent, although I agree with those that have said they're a tad too big which is more noticeable in some poses than others.

The overall proportions and quality of the hands KFC have made for the MP12 mold are nicer so if they make some for the Nissan molds I may be tempted to replace the Fan Style ones.

I got my Transistor just before Christmas and am pleased with it, I've not had chance to transform it yet but having watched a couple of different reviews including yours I'm looking forward to doing it.

Unite Warriors Devastator

Opened this guy up on the 20th but didn't have a chance to photograph him until today. Here's all of the Takara Tomy Constructicons alongside my beat-up originals from 1985.

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Unite Warriors Devastator

Here are some additional photos. I tried to capture the colors of the Takara Tomy edition as accurately as possible, as so frequently the colors look completely different in photos. I love the shade of purple used, but I definitely could have stood to have a slightly more pale green that was closer to the originals than what Takara Tomy used.

Absolutely love this set. It's a dream come true. I don't mind the simplicity of the figures because in reality, it still took me 45 minutes to combine them all the first time and 30 minutes the second time I did it. However, I do wish the vehicles had a little more play value than they do; even the original figures from the 80's outshine this set in that regard. Things such as a spinning cement mixer on Mixmaster, a working crane (both telescoping and rotational) on Hook, a functional box on Long Haul - those would have all been welcomed additions.

If you love these characters and haven't already picked up the Hasbro version, do not hesitate to pick up the Takara Tomy set. It looks great alongside Masterpiece figures, and puts all of the 3rd party attempts to shame in my opinion.

DSC_0203.jpgDSC_0208.jpgDevastator-Combine.jpgDSC_0220.jpgDSC_0225.jpgDSC_0228.jpgDSC_0242.jpgDSC_0235.jpg

wow that picture of Devastator with the Masterpieces really brings home how large that figure is, man he's massive.

Great shots everyone! :duff

Been a great month for me MP wise. Just want to share some of the love!

Of course Andras is rocking the house!

CameraZOOM-20151210175638300_zps64rkrmrt.jpg

Tried again to help my boy Magnus embrace his so thought destiny.....

53f9bd50-0c9f-40be-829c-c868cad00021_zpsgt8rcgqi.png

Finally got my "Red" Blaster and fell in love all over again!

CameraZOOM-20151219054345051_zpss9qcfzmz.jpg

And lastly decided to do a Xmas scene for my end of 2015 MP Wrapup!

CameraZOOM-201512301340069080101_zpsotwgwz93.jpg

CameraZOOM-201512301340340980101_zpsktkd2crg.jpg

CameraZOOM-2015123106421350001_zpsb2nxc1yx.jpg

ALSO FILMED A VIDEO OF THE DISPLAY SO YOU COULD GET A CLOSE UP AND SEE WHATS GOING ON!

Happy New Year to everyone and here's to more beautiful MP's in 2016!

Kick ass vid! I imagine that was a ton of work to get them all set up like that. For your Guttur, what faction symbol did you use? Did you cut it so it could split when you transform him? If so, how?

I am terrified of doing it on mine and am also afraid it will look like crap when it is cut as the two pieces of his head don't close completely flush.

Great shots everyone! :duff

Been a great month for me MP wise. Just want to share some of the love!

Of course Andras is rocking the house!

CameraZOOM-20151210175638300_zps64rkrmrt.jpg

Tried again to help my boy Magnus embrace his so thought destiny.....

53f9bd50-0c9f-40be-829c-c868cad00021_zpsgt8rcgqi.png

Finally got my "Red" Blaster and fell in love all over again!

CameraZOOM-20151219054345051_zpss9qcfzmz.jpg

And lastly decided to do a Xmas scene for my end of 2015 MP Wrapup!

CameraZOOM-201512301340069080101_zpsotwgwz93.jpg

CameraZOOM-201512301340340980101_zpsktkd2crg.jpg

CameraZOOM-2015123106421350001_zpsb2nxc1yx.jpg

ALSO FILMED A VIDEO OF THE DISPLAY SO YOU COULD GET A CLOSE UP AND SEE WHATS GOING ON!

Happy New Year to everyone and here's to more beautiful MP's in 2016!

Kick ass vid! I imagine that was a ton of work to get them all set up like that. For your Guttur, what faction symbol did you use? Did you cut it so it could split when you transform him? If so, how?

I am terrified of doing it on mine and am also afraid it will look like crap when it is cut as the two pieces of his head don't close completely flush.

Exacto knife when transformed. Patience.

It works great.

ad933b259b143815917b3a3946b309b9.jpg

This only makes me more sad that I still haven't got any of the current Dinobots from Fans Toys :(

It's going to be EXPENSIVE back tracking for them now :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

There's plenty on ebay, I guess it depends how much you're willing to pay for each figure.

I'm very happy with how FT Grimlock has turned out, the slight redesign on the claws on his dino feet doesn't look quite as harsh as it did on the lineart and the rest of the figure is more or less what I expected apart from the dino head which has quite a bit of the G1 toy in it.

Many of the gimmicks that MP08 has are not present and with FT's build quality the figure as a whole will inevitably feel a lot more solid and sturdy which will be a definite step up from MP08 which has always been a bit on the floppy side.

Grimlock is my favorite Transformer and it'll be great to get a figure of him that's a proper fit with the other FT Dinobots.

When I decided to focus on MP style figures a few years ago a complete set of Dinobots was top of my wants list. It's now only a few months away :yess:

TFS Express are getting their Badcube Sunstreaker stock later this week! :)

Back