ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, not really interested in a white MP-10 if that's all it's gonna be. I'll get the iGear version if that's the case. Even then, I might not.

It's just not ULTRA without the trailer/armour!

Yep, I'm also looking for an Ultra Magnus... might get igear's since I already have Faith Leader...

Got Takara MP-10 Optimus today.
Amazing piece for sure because it is lighter and easier to handle than the MP-01 and 04,alot more fun factor.It's not a replacement for my MP 01 and 04,i love them both equally.

I have alot of S1 Autobots coming next week too,can't wait!

Nice!! Show us some pics!!

Now, BBTS just got the Green Giant set from Make Toys...
I was looking for comparison pictures with Herc and found this (it's the Yellow one)
Both look great! I love how Giant looks really close to the vintage toy, but the Herc is just beautiful!!
Man!! What to do!! :panic:

7353785786_48b0a8c84e_b.jpg

Yep, I'm also looking for an Ultra Magnus... might get igear's since I already have Faith Leader...

Nice!! Show us some pics!!

Now, BBTS just got the Green Giant set from Make Toys...
I was looking for comparison pictures with Herc and found this (it's the Yellow one)
Both look great! I love how Giant looks really close to the vintage toy, but the Herc is just beautiful!!
Man!! What to do!! :panic:

7353785786_48b0a8c84e_b.jpg

they both look great but i think if i have to choose i ll pick the yellow one

I have a real nasty feeling that Magnus will just be a repaint again.
I can see Takara not going the armour route again just because it will be mega expensive to tool & make, that then makes it expensive to sell & I already feel they are pushing it at the pices they are asking these day.

Other than that it could be a Nemesis Prime repaint??

What's the news on the iGear one?
Are we just talking about the Faith Leader repaint on the site or is there a new one due with armour??

As for (not)Devestators I really prefer the Giant he's just more G1 accurate to me.
Herc is immense but of the 2 I'm all about the Giant.

Paid up Faith Leader this afternoon so shouldn't be too long now :)

Neil

Yeah, whatever happened to iGears Ultra Magnus? I could've sworn they said he was coming in 2011/12 when they released their white Prime? I remember that being my most anticipated figure and remember how bummed out I was when I missed my chance to buy it in hopes of storing it or whenever their UM trailer came out.

Yeah, not really interested in a white MP-10 if that's all it's gonna be. I'll get the iGear version if that's the case. Even then, I might not.

It's just not ULTRA without the trailer/armour!

It's just another Optimus Variant.I hope they won't waste it with another White version of Ultra Magnus.

I have a real nasty feeling that Magnus will just be a repaint again.
I can see Takara not going the armour route again just because it will be mega expensive to tool & make, that then makes it expensive to sell & I already feel they are pushing it at the pices they are asking these day.

Other than that it could be a Nemesis Prime repaint??

What's the news on the iGear one?
Are we just talking about the Faith Leader repaint on the site or is there a new one due with armour??

As for (not)Devestators I really prefer the Giant he's just more G1 accurate to me.
Herc is immense but of the 2 I'm all about the Giant.

Paid up Faith Leader this afternoon so shouldn't be too long now :)

Neil

For those of you who missed it, the mp10 designer confirmed that ultra Magnus would have his trailer/armor. Tcracker on tfw2005 has also backed this up. This is just a shilioette. Wait and see.

Good to know. I'm sticking with Faith Leader for my Prime but was looking forward to an MP-10 Ultra Magnus.

I like the proportions, overall style, and head specifically of Herc more. But he's a bit more expensive, for sure.

Not to mention BIGGER. Which counts for a lot in my book. I mean, he's a combiner - he's got to be big.

I'd have liked to see Takara make a G1 Ultra Magnus without using the MP10 mold as,

1.MP10 is one of the ugliest versions of G1 Prime there is and I really don't want any version of it in my collection.

2.Takara could have done a bigger, better looking version of the Titanium Ulta Magnus and made it still have the G1 robot mode but without the trailer being armor.

But they have to milk MP10 for all they can so using it makes sense, I just hope the armor isn't as restrictive to the poseability as City Commander.

On the combiner debate there's only one answer for me.....Herc wins.

soundwave, Verbal21,
I think they canned the project which was a shame but understandable when you look at everything else they have going.

I would have advised you against getting the faith leader but I guess you have already pulled the trigger.

Why? I have one, don't see anything wrong with it. Only advantage MP-10 has over it is the trailer, but I don't really have the room to display that, so it's a moot point for me.

Quality is just as good as a "real" Transformer. Not as heavy as MP-01, of course, because there's no die cast, but heavy doesn't necessarily mean "quality", even if it often gives that impression.

I'd have liked to see Takara make a G1 Ultra Magnus without using the MP10 mold as,

1.MP10 is one of the ugliest versions of G1 Prime there is and I really don't want any version of it in my collection.

Heh. I wouldn't go as far as Corsair here, but I do agree that the proportions on the MP-01/20th Anniversary Prime are nicer and more accurate to the G1 cartoon.

I do think MP-10 looks nice, even if he does seem a bit "comic-book muscled up". And if they use that mold for Ultra Magnus - presuming he does come with the armor/trailer - all that will be covered up anyway, so no big deal. However, I never got the chance to actually play around with the MP-10 mold, so I was kind of looking forward to that.

Faith leader is my favorite OP. His bot mode is perfect but I just had to get MP10 for the alt mode, its the best optimus alt so far imo. Kinda crazy I spent 100$ just for an alt mode but hey whadda ya do?

Yeah, seems there is always a tradeoff with whether HasTak are going to focus on doing the bot or alt mode more perfectly with each release. With MP-1, it was bot mode. With Megatron, it was gun mode. With MP-3, it was plane mode. With MP-10, it was truck mode. With MP-11, it was bot mode. Etc.

All about bot mode for me.

I like accurate alt modes but if it's a case of "good enough" vs. 100% accuracy to real world, I'll go with good enough every time.

Back