ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is my first year attending the SDCC, and I have a few questions. I have recently decided to delve into the world of G1. I have recently bought the Encore Devastator, Re-release Sideswipe and Red Alert, along with the Toys R Us exclusive Soundwave. I know that there are G1 collectors that stay away from Encore and Re-release, but personally I prefer tight joints and figures with no signs of wear. Unfortunately there are figures that can not be remade as an Encore or Re-release (Dinobots, Shockwave, and Jetfire). I would prefer buying these figures in person because I feel that you gamble with G1 figures on ebay. So my questions for anyone on this forum is, will the prices at SDCC reflect those on ebay? And what are the chances of acquiring the Dinobots, Shockwave, and Jetfire in very good to good condition with a $600 budget? Thanks.

You should be able to find some good deals there. In Botcon, we have this parts party we call, its like a group of people who sells loose & MISB stuff at their hotel rooms once the event for the day is done. I got some pretty good deals there that you can't find in the dealer room.

wolverenz was right on about parts parties in the hotels. They usually have much better deals than what you'll find on the convention dealer room. What's nice about the dealer room is there's a LOT of dealers. BOTCON is your best bet. We can a small local con up here in Washington state is Cybcon and I've scored a lot of pristine G1 items there from local dealers. It's soooo much better when you can examine the piece before you buy. $600 isn't a whole lot to buy very good to near mint G1 figures. You might spend $600 alone on the dinobots depending on their condition. I too stay away from dealers on ebay. Too many swindlers. The TFW2005 boards are a good place to find deals. I score something on the cheap there all the time and it's a great forum to meet hardcore TF collectors. I picked up a minty minty MIB G1 jetfire complete for $150 from a board member there.

nothing confirmed yet....just based on what I've read on TF boards but there's been talk it might be the Takara MP-11 SS V2 mold. Guess we're all just going to have to wait for it to be confirmed. They'll probably make an announcement at SDCC. That new mold is soooOOOO much better. I wasn't gonna buy it but when I saw it in person, I had to buy the new mold. If it is...we'll definitely see an increase in price.

You should qualify that earlier statement then. :) I've been out of touch for a little while because we just moved into a new place, and don't have internet hooked up yet, but there's been no firm indications of the mold one way or the other.

All the talk of it being the earlier mold seems like wishful thinking to me, though. I can't think of any reason why they would use it, and those saying it will be seem to be banking on the idea that Hasbro somehow cares about it matching the previous two releases. As far as Hasbro is concerned, it probably matches just fine - the execs aren't going to be as picky as we are about such things as "samurai hips" and other such nonsense, but if there's a "new and improved" mold available, I'm almost certain they'd use it, barring something that may be out of their hands (e.g. the mold being unavailable for whatever reason, etc.).

Need your opinion guys.. should I get MP-11 Starscream now or wait for the Hasbro version? Thanks in advance!

Need your opinion guys.. should I get MP-11 Starscream now or wait for the Hasbro version? Thanks in advance!

I just finally bit the bullet and bought MP-11. So glad I did too. I see his prices creeping up ever so slowly so Id say get him,he is worth it. If and when hasbro finally does release him you could sell off your MP11 and get hasbros if you felt like it. Im waiting for a MP11 hasbro release so I can have him in Alt and bot mode displays. Just my 2 cents.

iGear Ironhide vehicle mode painted!,
ironhide.jpg

Neil, don't pre-order through eBay for items taking over 45 days to be received by you. That's just a general suggestion, since Paypal dispute resolution only covers you for that long. Wait and get them when they are in-stock, or pre-order from a company that charges when they come in stock.

Neil, don't pre-order through eBay for items taking over 45 days to be received by you. That's just a general suggestion, since Paypal dispute resolution only covers you for that long. Wait and get them when they are in-stock, or pre-order from a company that charges when they come in stock.

Thanks for that buddy.
didn't realise the Paypal thing so that's that sorted then ;)

Think I'll wait for these as I can't see them selling out or being too hard to pick up after release...might even be cheaper if the £ ever get's stronger against the $ again ;)

Thanks again

Neil

I know this doesn't help much, but I was able to order him thru toysnk last week for $139.99 when I saw it on sale as the deal of the week. Maybe you can ask if they'll honor that?

Hi all,

Getting my feet wet again in Transformers stuff.

My first ever Transformer was way back when, a G1 Bumblebee. From there as a kid I had Optimus Prime, the Constructicons, and Grimlock, and Starscream as my standouts. I still have them all, but I wanted to get into some updated ones.

I've collected a nice group of Generations Autobots to keep that G1 feel with modern techniques.

Also getting the War for Cybertron/Fall of Cybertron figures. Just pre-ordered Bruticus to go on my Decepticon side!

I know this doesn't help much, but I was able to order him thru toysnk last week for $139.99 when I saw it on sale as the deal of the week. Maybe you can ask if they'll honor that?

Ijust ordered the mp-10 optimus and mp-11ss for $395 including shipping. Best price I could find.

I'm just getting back into Transformers and see some mention here of an American MP-10 Optimus (with trailer) possibly being sold by Hasbro at some time. Has this been confirmed and if so, when?

Hey guys,

Anyone had any experience with Ebay seller Denden Hobby??

https://stores.ebay.co.uk/dendenHOBBY?_trksid=p4340.l2563

They are taking pre-orders for MP12 & 14 (Sideswipe & Red Alert) for £58 & £53 delivered & I'm just wondering if I should give them my money for them or go with a more expensive website?

Thanks

Neil

I've never used them but after my recent experiences I would advise extreme caution when pre-ordering anything on ebay.

I know those prices look tempting but ask yourself whether it's possibly too good to be true.

Last edited:
I've never used them but after my experience with ratchetsclinic which I would advise extreme caution when pre-ordering anything on ebay.

I know those prices look tempting but ask yourself whether it's possibly too good to be true.

:lecture:lecture NEVER pre-order on eBay. Pay the little bit of extra cash to order through a reputable company, and you'll have the sense of security of knowing you're not getting screwed over.

Back