ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep they combine. And yes these are different from the comic con offerings. The comic con version have a color scheme from the new transformers game and all come in one CC special packaging. See below. Hope this helps.

hasbro-transformers-fall-of-cybertron-bruticus-comic-con-exclusive-sdcc.jpg

This is gonna be a nice set to have. Definitely an expensive one, but I just can't pass this up.

The boxes are essentially the same. Except for the stamp on the underside of the box, the original reads A0911 (for January 09, 2011) and the 2nd version reads H2511 (for August 25, 2011). So there's no real way unless you can physically see the box.

I bought the first version myself and really haven't had any issues but then again, I only transformed him once and he's staying in bot mode. I heard from some other TF collectors that all the issues weren't entirely fixed, like the chest piece still doesn't peg in securely. I know BBTS indicated on their website what version they were selling. It's been a while since the MP-09 has been released and I would think that most of the first versions are no longer being sold through retailers. But that's just my guess...

Your sig rocks man :hi5:

I'm on the fence about buying the Takara MP-11 because I'm waiting on Hasbro (cheaper). So I hope they eventually release one.

If that happens, I hope they also release Skywarp & Thundercracker in MP-11 mold.

Thanks for the responses! I'm in the boat with others where Hot Toys is taking up a lot of my purchases recently, so need to be careful with the money :)

And the Takara line gets a little interesting I just found. I didnt realise that the MP-09 Rodimus actually has a second release which fixes a lot of QC issues, so I need to make sure I can get that one. Many sellers dont specify, so I guess I need to be careful.

Anyone know of any definitive way of telling which version? Is there something different on the box, or some identification?

So glad I'm not into the Avengers, lol!

Yeah, I've been thinking of picking up that 2nd version Roddy too. He's not a priority on his own but if they ever make Galvatron I'm just gonna have to have him, I know...

I remember a while ago on TFW there was a pic that someone posted of a chart at TRU that said "masterpiece starscream" or something similar/along those lines

It was supposedly gonna be Thundercracker... Any updates on that? I've been a bit out of the loop...

Yeah.. Now I remember.. So this will use MP-11's mold, right? If so, I hope they update Starscream and Skywarp as well.

Hasbro-Masterpiece-Thundercracker_1338318558.jpg

Wow, what's the pic? The upcoming figs from Takara? Wonder why they havent announced anything if they already announced Sideswipe, Soundwave, and Red Alert....

That's a Fall toys R us Plan-o-gram. The thing the they use to do their toy isle layouts. So, if there is a masterpiece thundercracker on it, then it's hasbro, not Takara. and we will likely see it announced at SDCC in a couple of weeks.

Do you know for sure or just a guess?

nothing confirmed yet....just based on what I've read on TF boards but there's been talk it might be the Takara MP-11 SS V2 mold. Guess we're all just going to have to wait for it to be confirmed. They'll probably make an announcement at SDCC. That new mold is soooOOOO much better. I wasn't gonna buy it but when I saw it in person, I had to buy the new mold. If it is...we'll definitely see an increase in price.

Proto shots of FansProject's Warbot Assaulter,
broadside1.jpg

broadside2.jpg

broadside3.jpg

No sign of a 3rd mode yet but the jet mode looks decent and the robot mode is unmistakably Broadside.

He's going to be great on display with Warbot, the Mugen Calibur toy I use as Roadbuster and iGear's Impactor when that gets released.

Gimme Whirl and Rack 'N Ruin next FP!

Last edited:
This is my first year attending the SDCC, and I have a few questions. I have recently decided to delve into the world of G1. I have recently bought the Encore Devastator, Re-release Sideswipe and Red Alert, along with the Toys R Us exclusive Soundwave. I know that there are G1 collectors that stay away from Encore and Re-release, but personally I prefer tight joints and figures with no signs of wear. Unfortunately there are figures that can not be remade as an Encore or Re-release (Dinobots, Shockwave, and Jetfire). I would prefer buying these figures in person because I feel that you gamble with G1 figures on ebay. So my questions for anyone on this forum is, will the prices at SDCC reflect those on ebay? And what are the chances of acquiring the Dinobots, Shockwave, and Jetfire in very good to good condition with a $600 budget? Thanks.

This is my first year attending the SDCC, and I have a few questions. I have recently decided to delve into the world of G1. I have recently bought the Encore Devastator, Re-release Sideswipe and Red Alert, along with the Toys R Us exclusive Soundwave. I know that there are G1 collectors that stay away from Encore and Re-release, but personally I prefer tight joints and figures with no signs of wear. Unfortunately there are figures that can not be remade as an Encore or Re-release (Dinobots, Shockwave, and Jetfire). I would prefer buying these figures in person because I feel that you gamble with G1 figures on ebay. So my questions for anyone on this forum is, will the prices at SDCC reflect those on ebay? And what are the chances of acquiring the Dinobots, Shockwave, and Jetfire in very good to good condition with a $600 budget? Thanks.

Last year, I saw a good number of JF and DB for sale. Most in beat up boxes, but could be had for like $100+ (JF). So yes, your budget is generous.

You should be able to find some good deals there. In Botcon, we have this parts party we call, its like a group of people who sells loose & MISB stuff at their hotel rooms once the event for the day is done. I got some pretty good deals there that you can't find in the dealer room.

Back