ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some pics of the other FOC Deluxes announced at Botcon,
https://www.tfw2005.com/transformer...-of-cybertron-deluxe-class-new-images-174967/

Starscream = Nice design, but too small. A Voyager would have been a definite purchase for me.

Fireflight = Appears to have some new parts but it's basically a rehash of the Shockwave mold.

Ultra Magnus = Nice to see a Magnus with his own headsculpt and color scheme but IMO the mold is too small for either Prime or UM and inferior in aesthetic to the one from the first game.

Sideswipe = Retool of Jazz with a nice....headsculpt.

Saw those pics earlier, and I'm pretty excited for these. Magnus looks great in that Prime mold though. A lot better than Optimus I think.

Saw those pics earlier, and I'm pretty excited for these. Magnus looks great in that Prime mold though. A lot better than Optimus I think.

:goodpost:

Yea I'm really excited about Ultra Magnus. One of my top TF favorites right there and I'm glad he's not just a full recolored Prime mold but has a G1 vibe going on. I wonder if he's in the game?

Looks like the only FOC figures I won't be getting is voyager Soundwave and Bruticus

Dreadwing reminds me of dinobot of beastwars

2vtpfy9.jpg

Yea I'm really excited about Ultra Magnus. One of my top TF favorites right there and I'm glad he's not just a full recolored Prime mold but has a G1 vibe going on. I wonder if he's in the game?

Looks like the only FOC figures I won't be getting is voyager Soundwave and Bruticus

I'm not sure if he is in the game or not, but it would be sweet if he was.

Speaking of Magnus for those of you who have the City Commander armor is it worth it? I've been on the fence for a while now about getting it, but something about it just doesn't look right.

I'm not sure if he is in the game or not, but it would be sweet if he was.

Speaking of Magnus for those of you who have the City Commander armor is it worth it? I've been on the fence for a while now about getting it, but something about it just doesn't look right.

It's nice enough but I think FansProject have been overtaken by some of the other 3rd party groups and the design style they used for City Commander and the Protector armor doesn't hold up to some of the more recent stuff and I'm looking at selling both.

Aren't those two of the nicer ones though?

Well, the SDCC Bruticus, anyway.

It's nice enough but I think FansProject have been overtaken by some of the other 3rd party groups and the design style they used for City Commander and the Protector armor doesn't hold up to some of the more recent stuff and I'm looking at selling both.

Thats really true when you take a look at all the recent stuff. I just can't make up my mind about it. Thinking about selling it but idk. I'd like a Magnus in my collection, but its more focused on the season 1 and 2 bots more so it wouldn't matter too much looks wise.

Thats really true when you take a look at all the recent stuff. I just can't make up my mind about it. Thinking about selling it but idk. I'd like a Magnus in my collection, but its more focused on the season 1 and 2 bots more so it wouldn't matter too much looks wise.

That's where I'm at too. The way the 3rd party scene has exploded means a better Magnus is likely and with the original release of City Commander still fetching good money on ebay it's getting tempting to cash in.

Final product pics of ToyWorlds's Megatron have emerged,

hegemon1.jpg

hegemon2.jpg

hegemon3.jpg

hegemon4.jpg

The Energon sword looks a bit weird but the main figure looks great.

It's apparently shorter than Faith Leader in robot mode which sucks for me as my Decepticon lineup is badly lacking a decent Megatron.

Final product pics of ToyWorlds's Megatron have emerged,
...The Energon sword looks a bit weird but the main figure looks great.

It's apparently shorter than Faith Leader in robot mode which sucks for me as my Decepticon lineup is badly lacking a decent Megatron.

I don't love it. It's almost there, but not quite.

I think we'll end up with a better version down the road. Either official - about the size of MP-10 - or third party. I'm going to be patient... :)

I don't love it. It's almost there, but not quite.

I think we'll end up with a better version down the road. Either official - about the size of MP-10 - or third party. I'm going to be patient... :)

I think it's a step up from Nerf gun Megatron as it doesn't have those wings sticking out the back but I there's still room for improvement.

I think the best robot mode of any G1 style Megatron toy is the Revoltech so if someone could do a larger, fully transforming version of that with suitable additions to the detailing then it would be a winner.

iGear's Horror Monarch is clearly on the back burner....maybe they're waiting for a new MP Megatron to "borrow" :lol

Yeah, that Megatron lacks a certain stylistic flair that really represents G1 character models IMO. I'll still probably buy him, though. $100 for him I can justify easier than $100 for one of the Superion jets.

That megatron doesn't look like anything special...it is okayish.

It doesn't look anything like a proper gun in gun mode and the bot mode is nothing special.

Yeah, he seems a bit utilitarian and to lack his distinctive character. . .actually reminiscent of the perspective Hasbro seems to take sometimes with their contemporary designs.

I think it's a step up from Nerf gun Megatron as it doesn't have those wings sticking out the back but I there's still room for improvement.

I think the best robot mode of any G1 style Megatron toy is the Revoltech so if someone could do a larger, fully transforming version of that with suitable additions to the detailing then it would be a winner.

iGear's Horror Monarch is clearly on the back burner....maybe they're waiting for a new MP Megatron to "borrow" :lol

Yeah, it's a step up, for sure. But I'm still waiting for something better!

Megs has to be AT LEAST as tall as the MP/iGear Seekers. I think Hasbro/Takara will end up doing another MP version, which will be about the size of MP-10. That's fine - I don't mind him being a bit bigger than my Faith Leader and Seekers. :)

Aren't those two of the nicer ones though?

Well, the SDCC Bruticus, anyway.

The SDCC Bruticus is a must have for me.

well I'm not planning on trying to find someone get an SDCC Bruticus for me nor am I going to shell out whatever he's going to go for one eBay.

As for voyager Soundwave, he is cool no doubt, but if there was anytime scale bothered me, it's with these. the rest are deluxes, there's no point in having a bigger Soundwave. now if optimus or megatron were made into a voyager then that's different for me. I know they aren't always the biggest of the bunch but in my collection, I like the 2 head honchos to be the big guys even if it's barely taller

This SDCC will be my first and I was wondering how do you go about purchasing Bruticus at the con? Is there a site or do you just go to the Hasbro booth? Thanks.

Back