ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fansproject insecticons revealed.

61c3fa91.jpg

b6bf6b34.jpg

cce613fe.jpg

Can anyone here tell me if there is a big difference between the Takara Masterpiece Grimlock and the Hasbro one?

Besides price.

1st Takara = G1 toy based color scheme and has the apron, drinks tray and mind control device accessories.

2nd Takara = G1 comic based color scheme and crown accessory.

Hasbro = G1 toy based colors with a couple of different paint apps to the Japanese version and more rounded points on the dino teeth & claws. Also has the crown.

Can anyone here tell me if there is a big difference between the Takara Masterpiece Grimlock and the Hasbro one?

Besides price.

the Takara DON'T come with the crown and also have some other paint differents.

Takara Grimlock's feet are gold chrome and Hasbro is not.

Also the Takara come with this set pictured and Hasbro don't.

attachment.php

there sword are also diff.

attachment.php

uhh isn't that the orange sword that comes with the exclusive masterpiece grimlock from takara? I'm talking about the one packaged in a comic book style box. Hasbro's mp grimlock has the clear sword...

uhh isn't that the orange sword that comes with the exclusive masterpiece grimlock from takara? I'm talking about the one packaged in a comic book style box. Hasbro's mp grimlock has the clear sword...

oops ur right!! :exactly:

Besides price.

Go for the Hasbro unless you absolutely must have the chromed feet for some reason. The Hasbro gives you the crown, which is much cooler than the apron, tray and brain transfer device.

Another difference, which you can see in this attached picture, is that the Hasbro has white highlights on the thighs and red/white sticker highlights on the upper arms. These are nice additions that break up the monotony and really add to the overall look IMO. There is also a slight difference in the hip highlights.

There is also the Takara King Grimlock release in the comic book box. Arguably it's the nicest of the three, but it's far more expensive.

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/toys/masterpiece/grimlock/2299/1/104/

I think the Generations Blurr and RTS Perceptor look better then the United versions.

Not even a shiny Takara paint job can make that Blurr look decent, the headsculpt is nice but the rest of it is too kibbly for a character that's supposed to be the fastest Cybertronian alive.

Some possible good news for European collectors...RTS wave 2 has been sighted in UK branches of TRU so there's a decent chance of it being available elsewhere.

My latest orderings are United Wheeljack & Scourge and I'm going to try and see if I can get 2 Wreck-Gars from TRU as a guy at TFW is making some alternate heads,weapons and a chest piece that adds some more bulk to the robot mode and IMO makes a big improvement to the stock version.

So I'll get a couple of those kits for other Junkions and then when FP's Collector comes out I'll use that as Wreck-Gar :)

Last edited:
Yeah i think i might as well go for the united releases as well.
Due to the way Hasbro likes to anally screw the UK over with their lack of competant distribution numbers its easier just to order everything online these days. So while im at it i might as well pay the extra and get the better United versions.
I cant be bothered wasting my time and precious petrol driving around toy stores and supermarkets only to be disappointed every time.

^

I feel bad for you guys, you always get screwed out of main line figures. Hasbro will do something crazy like cancel Generations, but then pimp out something like RPMs. I hope you guys have a better 2011.

Back