ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Over the weekend I spotted 2 MP Grimlocks. Had him in hand and ended up putting him back. I have a feeling I might not ever see him again, lol.

same thing happened to me, except I bought it when i saw it. Then when I went back, there wer no more to be found and haven't been sense that day

also, don't know if it's been mentioned here but rumor has it T3 is going to be called The Dark of the Moon...weird title IMO

anyone got a link please for the long MP prime smokestacks off ebay,i cant seem to find them! thanx in advance!

anyone got a link please for the long MP prime smokestacks off ebay,i cant seem to find them! thanx in advance!

I've been trying to find the smaller ones myself, but all the seller's are in China and would prefer someone closer if anyone knows as well

I hauled this on another board, but haven't seen anybody with it here, so, here ya go.

bc13a41c.jpg

627696f7.jpg

a8eae757.jpg

3a118b40.jpg

7f4b12b5.jpg

67b92111.jpg

cgi.ebay.com/20th-Masterpiece-Prime-Longer-Smokestacks-Takara-Style-/200384103294?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ea7d2c37e

I havent recieved mine yet, I'll let ya know when I do.

Saw this great idea by Sentinalsupreme, talked to him and decided to make my own, that had no part-swapping other than the hands (which I don't want to avoid, I think red/blue hands are essential to each's identity)

He's built using a Generations Drift figure. Made some heavy modifications to permit the double-agent identity revelation of Punch.

- Added 360 degree waist articulation
- Added articulation on elbows, allowing the arms to bend from both side
- Articulated hands swap out for Punch or Counterpunch
- Custom head which "transforms" with a top that swivels down and covers the face not being used

More pics can be seen:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/accardi1/sets/72157624990577667/

5060490520_7fb0660902_z.jpg

5059877859_68bdcc577e_z.jpg

5059877775_a3833b7dca_z.jpg

5059877749_5fa10612d4_z.jpg

5059877935_03fcc568a2_z.jpg

5059877965_a0e5f1bd39_z.jpg

^^if there is one, the paint apps will be normal Hasbro quality unfortunately...where there should be paint like on the Takara one, Hasbro will probably leave out the nice fine details

I just can't wait for MP Rodimus! :rock

Gipetto they didn't leave ____ out for MP Grimlock,they added more actually to make it look more like the original toy.

Also, Hasbro MP Skywarp > Takara MP Skywarp.

Surrpisringly, Hasbro can be very good with paintapps when it comes to repaints. It's one of the things they really excel at. I think that a Hasbro version of that Unicron would lose very little in paintapps, if anything at all. The problem would be convincing the toystores to take in such a huge items, since supremes don't tend to sell that well from what I recall.

And man, I'd love to own that figure, along with the Primus release. The shiny paintjob really does that fantastic mold justice, though I wish that it had replaced the blue with red as well as a few additional golden paintapps, to really go for a Marvel appearance.

So now, tonights haul...

More KO's, Optimus's box has some creases so, my seller is going to provide me with a new pristine box when his next shipment arrives.
23sj1vc.jpg

And on my way home tonight..
2wf75ow.jpg

Gipetto they didn't leave ____ out for MP Grimlock,they added more actually to make it look more like the original toy.

Also, Hasbro MP Skywarp > Takara MP Skywarp.

i know, i own both, and that's why I waited for the Hasbro versions... the only MP I'm missing is G1 colored starscream. I'm just saying most of the time, takara paint apps come out a lot better than Hasbro. when Hasbro released the new universe line with newer g1 versions of figures, it was takara who made them with more accurate g1 paintapps. don't get me wrong, I get all Hasbro TF figures always have, always will. I have more TF figures than anything else. It's just the truth unfortunately. no need for strong words bud :peace

Surrpisringly, Hasbro can be very good with paintapps when it comes to repaints. It's one of the things they really excel at. I think that a Hasbro version of that Unicron would lose very little in paintapps, if anything at all. The problem would be convincing the toystores to take in such a huge items, since supremes don't tend to sell that well from what I recall.

And man, I'd love to own that figure, along with the Primus release. The shiny paintjob really does that fantastic mold justice, though I wish that it had replaced the blue with red as well as a few additional golden paintapps, to really go for a Marvel appearance.

i agree with repaints, but takara made buster prime for ROTF with awesome movie accurate paint apps as well as a few others like with the new leader class Hasbro ROTF Starscream, Takara is putting the first movie paint apps, but have them with a much more metallic look rather than molded plastic.

and yea definitely agree with all that you said about unicron. just wish I had a way of getting one

So now, tonights haul...

More KO's, Optimus's box has some creases so, my seller is going to provide me with a new pristine box when his next shipment arrives.
23sj1vc.jpg

And on my way home tonight..
2wf75ow.jpg

Hmm...KO Grimlock? Interesting. Lemme know how the quality is Valfar. Also you'll love WFC Megs, lots of fun that line is.

Apparently there's a two-pack of Frenzy and Rumble on the way. Really wonder what it'll look like, though the pricepoint suggests that it will be two deluxes:

UN-12 Trucks (Turbo Tracks) - January 2011 release
UN-14 Lugnut - January 2011
UN-16 Jazz (Special Ops Jazz) - January 2011
UN-17 Perceptor - February 2011 release
UN-18 Wheeljack - March 2011 release
UN-19 Ramble & Frenzy (Rumble and Frenzy, same price as Lugnut so a Voyager class two pack?) - March 2011 release
UN-22 Char - February 2011 release
UN-23 Wreck-Gar - February 2011
UN-26 G2 Optimus Prime - March 2011 release

Apparently there's a two-pack of Frenzy and Rumble on the way. Really wonder what it'll look like, though the pricepoint suggests that it will be two deluxes:

After the mess they made of Ravage last time they made one I think I'll be sticking with the repaints of the Perfect Effect Shadow Warrior.

I really hope Wheeljack gets his own mold as the character is popular enough to deserve one but I expect it'll be a rehash of the Tracks mold.

I also hope Kup doesn't suffer the same fate as Blurr and he gets an alt mode that's pretty much the same basic design as his G1 toy with a few modern updates.............like Classics Hot Rod was.

Blurr is made from a mold that looks far too clunky in robot mode for someone meant to be the fastest Autobot ever and IMO should have been based on how he looked in the IDW Spotlight issue complete with Cybertronian alt mode.

I know the car mode is accurate for other IDW comics but part of the appeal of Hot Rod, Kup & Blurr as a kid was that they turned into these weird looking futuristic vehicles instead of regular cars so whilst I'm still getting Blurr it's disappointing that he's not as unique looking as he once was.

My recent TF purchases are,

Voyager Class Mindwipe
( Alt mode is almost kibble free, the robot mode has a great, menacing look to it, the transformation is involved but not overly complex and also has one of the best fan-modes ever, a kickass update of G1 Mindwipe's bat mode. The best jetformer ever? Possibly.)

Scout Class Skystalker
( Tends to fall to pieces during transformation but is a fun little toy especially when paired with Mindwipe. )

Deluxe Class Hailstorm
( Better than I expected, the robot mode is full of character and looks like he'd be a tough customer for any Autobot even though he's so small. Poseability is good and the transformation into the missile tank is simple. Overall I think it's another Movieverse toy that's better than the actual ones of movie characters. )

Next up for me should be,
Generations Dirge & Blurr
HA Jazz ( Takara version )

Last edited:
I'm quite satisfied with these KO's, will be getting a few more soon.

b4x74h.jpg

t6yvxl.jpg

2h7o0gk.jpg

s24bbr.jpg

Valfar,
What's the plastic quality like in comparison to an official product?

I already have an official Red Alert reissue but Shockwave, the Dinobots and Mirage are all ones that Hasbro haven't done as the molds are either missing or damaged so if they're decent enough I'd consider getting some.

I just don't want to pay out for something that could fall to pieces after a couple of transformations.

Back