ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DPrime,
Gears & Swerve weren't in the original silhouettes either so I don't think Bumblebee/Cliffjumper or Windcharger/Tailgate are out of the question yet.

There's been no news on PP04 for a long time so perhaps it's because iGear decided to do Mini Warrior versions instead as the guy that's designing them is great at recreating the Super Deformed aesthetic that the G1 toys had....the PP04 design looked more suitable for display with Alternators.

Soundwave,
The guy who got Frenzy & Buzzsaw is the same one who got Soundwave & Laserbeak early although I'm not sure how....he's perhaps dug a tunnel into Takara HQ.

They aren't on general sale in Asia yet as Rumble & Ravage is the first of the tape packs that's scheduled to be released next month.

I think both molds are looking awesome as is Ravage which bodes extremly well for Ratbat who is a dead cert for release with Soundblaster....Takara are devious like that.

DPrime,
Gears & Swerve weren't in the original silhouettes either so I don't think Bumblebee/Cliffjumper or Windcharger/Tailgate are out of the question yet.

That's a good point. :)

You're probably right, then - Bumblebee and Cliffjumper are THE Minibots after all. Likely shoe-ins, both.

I just hope we get an up-sized Huffer at least, when all is said and done. I've been watching Season 1 episodes on Netflix recently, and I'm glad I decided to sell my Rager. If it had been, say, Bumblebee I might have kept it, but he's just too small to be Huffer!

I'm less concerned about Seaspray, since he's a Season 2 guy, but a larger version of him would be nice too.

There's been no news on PP04 for a long time so perhaps it's because iGear decided to do Mini Warrior versions instead as the guy that's designing them is great at recreating the Super Deformed aesthetic that the G1 toys had....the PP04 design looked more suitable for display with Alternators.

That's what I'm thinking.

Probably the reason we'll never get a "real" MP version of either character, barring the old VW/Porsche issues as well - the alt modes wouldn't be "realistic" enough, and won't really look right if they were!

I think both molds are looking awesome as is Ravage which bodes extremly well for Ratbat who is a dead cert for release with Soundblaster....Takara are devious like that.

Yes, no doubt we'll all be tricked into having to get Soundblaster as well. I might be able to pass on Ratbat though... we'll see. :)

That's a good point. :)

You're probably right, then - Bumblebee and Cliffjumper are THE Minibots after all. Likely shoe-ins, both.

I just hope we get an up-sized Huffer at least, when all is said and done. I've been watching Season 1 episodes on Netflix recently, and I'm glad I decided to sell my Rager. If it had been, say, Bumblebee I might have kept it, but he's just too small to be Huffer!

I'm less concerned about Seaspray, since he's a Season 2 guy, but a larger version of him would be nice too.

That's what I'm thinking.

Probably the reason we'll never get a "real" MP version of either character, barring the old VW/Porsche issues as well - the alt modes wouldn't be "realistic" enough, and won't really look right if they were!

Yes, no doubt we'll all be tricked into having to get Soundblaster as well. I might be able to pass on Ratbat though... we'll see. :)

Look at the potential for iGear to make money from variants,

Bumblebee
G1 yellow, G1 red, G2 gold chrome, Glyph

Cliffjumper
G1 red, G1 yellow,

Hubcap & Bumper would also share robot parts but like Cliffjumper would need their own car chassis and headsculpts.

A bigger Huffer & Seaspray would be nice for consistency's sake and I wouldn't mind doubling up on them as I like the small ones.

It might look a bit odd with the Mini Warriors displayed in alt mode next to the likes of MP Sideswipe and Red Alert but no more so than the original Minibots and the main Autobot cars.

I wonder if there's an outside chance of the dino cassettes also being included with Soundblaster as the main toy is a repaint so the production costs will be cheaper.

3 all new cassettes would make Soundblaster a much easier sell but I expect it'll just be Ratbat.

After work I paid for this:

MP-01.jpg

Can't believe I'm going to get him.
Finally...

:monkey2

LOL little of both. mosstly a comment on how OMGWTFBBQ HUGE LIK XBOX MP-01 is.
He's like maketoys devy big. possibly a little bigger.

He's awesome as hell ( i've got one) but he's TOO DAMN BIG imo.

and all dat diecast... he topples over alot :( Mine is covered in dings and paint chips.

Battle damage I guess :lol

must order those tapes seeing as its the same guy who had MP SW a few weeks back i assume the tapes are a month away,pics for scale! never owned the classics mold so went for this one and am happy that i got no qc issues that ive seen reported!
IMG-20130107-00418.jpg

IMG-20130107-00417.jpg

I wanted that...especially cause he´s that big and I won´t get all.
I have my TRU Exclusive Hot Rod and now I´ll get Prime and next Month Megatron in the same scale.
Totally happy with that...
:)

I wonder if there's an outside chance of the dino cassettes also being included with Soundblaster as the main toy is a repaint so the production costs will be cheaper.

3 all new cassettes would make Soundblaster a much easier sell but I expect it'll just be Ratbat.

Maybe they'll do another tape pack when/if they release Soundblaster...

kinda hoping they skip soundblaster IMO... I'd rather have a white Soundwave instead.

I doubt that'll be the case... but maybe eHobby or some other company will release an exclusive white version?

he's TOO DAMN BIG imo.

and all dat diecast... he topples over alot :( Mine is covered in dings and paint chips.

Battle damage I guess :lol

I've never had mine topple over... though I admit I'm always very careful, because it always seems like it might!

I wanted that...especially cause he´s that big and I won´t get all.
I have my TRU Exclusive Hot Rod and now I´ll get Prime and next Month Megatron in the same scale.
Totally happy with that...
:)

Nice trio. Personally I like MP-1's size, especially when he's going to be among Hot Toys and Sideshow 1/6th figures. Obviously he's still not in scale but it looks more appropriate.

And I don't care what anyone says - MP-1's design is a much more accurate Prime!

Thanks, and as said previously, same to you. Grind Rod is a neat one for sure!

Ditto from me TJ, great to see you here. I've seen your pics on TFW - great stuff!

I've never had mine topple over... though I admit I'm always very careful, because it always seems like it might!

Nice trio. Personally I like MP-1's size, especially when he's going to be among Hot Toys and Sideshow 1/6th figures. Obviously he's still not in scale but it looks more appropriate.

And I don't care what anyone says - MP-1's design is a much more accurate Prime!

Thanks, DPrime.
Will sure love this trio too and I think too that MP-01 is more accurate and I don´t need the trailer. I want the robot and I´m glad that I´m finally getting it.

:yess:

Definitely. It's nice to see them diversify.

I'd like to see them do it more often as I prefer that style to their usual Classicsverse approach.

Also, it's nice to see you posting here, I often look at your pics at TFW.

DPrime,
Another tape pack seems more likely....if Slugfest & Overkill can be made to the same standard as the others I'd have no hesitation about getting them.

Thanks, DPrime.
Will sure love this trio too and I think too that MP-01 is more accurate and I don´t need the trailer. I want the robot and I´m glad that I´m finally getting it.

Another good thing about the larger MP-1 version(s) is that he scales better with 3 3/4" figures. Kind of nice if you want a generic '80s toy character display, along with some GI Joes, etc.

I've still got the TRU version (w/custom stacks), and I've got him up on a shelf with a couple Beast Wars toys (Telemocha Optimus Primal and the original Megatron in beast mode), a Marvel Legends Sentinel, an old Super Powers Batman and a few other figures - they all look great together. :)

Another tape pack seems more likely....if Slugfest & Overkill can be made to the same standard as the others I'd have no hesitation about getting them.

I don't have a childhood connection to those characters so I might pass, but who knows... Cassetticons in general are pretty tempting!

I just got an email from iGear announcing a new version of Spray (i.e. Seaspray): https://shop.igeartoys.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=136

G2 chrome colours version. Neat, but easy pass for me.

Back