ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Few can understand the burdens of the modern, middle class adult geek. The poor and exploited should pity us! At least I have my new wave music and Snuggies to ease the pain.

white-people-gif.gif

:lol Yeah right. I think it comes in waves. Sometimes I'm in a 1/6th scale mood, sometimes it's LEGO, other times it's TFormers. I will say 1/6th is not really doing it for me like it used to.

Last weekend I was taking pics of stuff to sell on eBay, and packaged up Exgraver as I had decided not to go after Hercules after all. I took the pics, and was loading them onto my computer when I saw his picture and couldn't pull the trigger.

Today, I am seriously contemplating catching up on all the Herc guys after all, even though it will ultimately be $600+.

I've never gone back and forth so much over a collectible (though this feels more toy than collectible I guess). I would pay this much for a great Rainman custom in a second if it were the right character, but these are reasonably mass produced and are just don't feel anywhere near worth the price. But having said all that:

384403_338540049498050_168147899870600_1296883_940616118_n.jpg

Damn. Apart from the original 3 Seekers, Soundwave/tapes, and Megatron, this is really the only essential Decepticon to my mind. He looks awesome, he has all the different display options, and I doubt very seriously we'll ever get a better version of him as a toy. Tough decision. . .

Herc looks fantastic! I agree with you karamazov80 that one he doesnt feel anywhere near the price and two that we will never see a better version of him as a toy, anytime soon anyways. I would of felt more comfortable/assured of purchasing him if he were at say $350-$400 range. However after having 4 of 6 in hand and posed in a almost completed Herc mode,Im glad I pulled the trigger. Im very impressed with him and will be completely set free from craving another Devestator for a looooong time. :duff

Honestly I don't think we'll ever see this from Hasbro/Takara. The dork percentage (the hardcore) that would pay serious money for a Classics Devastator is not significant enough to be on Hasbro's radar. Retail is where it's at for them, they don't cater to a small percentage of the fandom. I can't remember the metric that was thrown around one time, seriously it's less than 10% of total TF sales. AND that's not even getting into the overall tooling costs that make this prohibitive for HAS/TAK.

I have the first 4 of the TFClub Constructicons. My 1/6 habit is killing the money tree though. I really need to sell some stuff to get the $200 finish off this bad arse.

Herc looks fantastic! I agree with you karamazov80 that one he doesnt feel anywhere near the price and two that we will never see a better version of him as a toy, anytime soon anyways. I would of felt more comfortable/assured of purchasing him if he were at say $350-$400 range. However after having 4 of 6 in hand and posed in a almost completed Herc mode,Im glad I pulled the trigger. Im very impressed with him and will be completely set free from craving another Devestator for a looooong time. :duff

The price is really what got me at first too, but I gave in and ordered the bots and I'm glad I did. Having all of these and being able to see an awesome classics style Devastator is totally worth it in the end.

.... wow... ok, bulkhead just made the MUST BUY list.
i wonder how impossible those vehicons are going to be to find?
armybuilders, WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Back