ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of the comics my parents are moving soon so was helping them clear their loft (Mostly of my crap ;) lol) & found my old UK comics.

Got them all sorted at my flat now so will be re-reading them over the coming weeks.

They were so awesome

Neil

I've really got to check out the old comics one day. I've always been under the impression that TF fans thought the cartoon was more "canon" though (sort of the opposite of GI Joe fans).

I've really got to check out the old comics one day. I've always been under the impression that TF fans thought the cartoon was more "canon" though (sort of the opposite of GI Joe fans).

The old UK comics were amazing.
The writing by Simon Furman, Bob Budiansky & Barry Kitson along with the art by Geoff Senior, Jeff Anderson & Frank Springer amongst others really worked & fleshed out the cartoons perfectly.

The writing was way ahead of it's time & the cartoon could only hope to have been half as good.

By the end of the cartoons I loved the comics WAY more than anything they were pumping out on telly & infact lost interest towards the middle of season 4...you really should check them out, your missing out :(

Neil

Spoiler Spoiler:

That's only becuase they saw the show when they were two.

Comics are MUCH better.

for one, the dynobots are not mentaly retarded.

The old UK comics were amazing.
The writing by Simon Furman, Bob Budiansky & Barry Kitson along with the art by Geoff Senior, Jeff Anderson & Frank Springer amongst others really worked & fleshed out the cartoons perfectly.

The writing was way ahead of it's time & the cartoon could only hope to have been half as good.

By the end of the cartoons I loved the comics WAY more than anything they were pumping out on telly & infact lost interest towards the middle of season 4...you really should check them out, your missing out :(

Neil

Spoiler Spoiler:

Comics are MUCH better.

+1 for G1 comics over G1 cartoon.

On another note, Heavy Labour video review :)

https://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzE1NTgyNzk2.html

Really impressed with the transformation on this guy :yess:

Bob

Thanks - I will definitely have to give these a read!

Can't wait for Heavy Labour! Actually, I can't wait for Exgraver, either - I preordered him with something that hasn't come in yet, oh well!

So I'm thinking about picking up another Henkei... What do you think - Sideswipe, Sunstreaker, or Inferno?

I'm leaning toward Inferno, just to display him with Red Alert (and I have the Gears of War set with his ladder), but the Lambo brothers are favs of mine...

Does anyone think we'll get more Henkei reissues?

Definitely Inferno! With Sideswipe there's no real difference, Sunstreaker is a nicer yellow, but Inferno is a huge change and the bright red really works for him.

Definitely Inferno! With Sideswipe there's no real difference, Sunstreaker is a nicer yellow, but Inferno is a huge change and the bright red really works for him.

Yeah, it'll probably be Inferno! :)

I've heard Sideswipe (and for that matter, Bluestreak) is pretty much the same as the US versions, but I haven't seen comparison pics or a list of the differences...

Comics are MUCH better.

Similar to discussions about the GI Joe cartoon vs. comics, I don't really agree. Yes, the comics are a bit more sophisticated. But it isn't fine literature or anything. Both these forms of media were about robots that transform into means of transportation and dinosaurs, are aimed at children, and are fairly simplistic morality tales written primarily to sell toys. I can enjoy those comics because I'm able to suspend disbelief in an attempt to enjoy the fun and nostalgia of them. Same with the cartoons. But I don't agree with the argument that the comics are much better than the cartoons just because they hold up slightly better to adults who can pretend they are 12 or 13 years old when they read/view them as opposed to pretending they are 5 or 6. The cartoons have a certain appeal that the comics don't. The comics have a certain appeal that the cartoons don't. I personally like the cartoon better because the character designs look way better (the comic art was often really bad IMO), the voice acting is top notch, and yes, because that's where my nostalgia comes from.

Dude. . .don't cancel HT Superman. Seriously. That's gotta take priority over some of that other stuff. Gonna be one of the most iconic and awesome high end toys ever.

I did it.

Thought about what you said, but in the end I came to the realization that it wasn't something I was excited for. Hot Toys is great and all, but I'm refocusing back to my toy collecting roots - GI Joe and Transformers!

I'm actually going to sell all my 12" stuff so I can pay off some of my line of credit, and fund a few purchases (mainly the Sideshow GI Joe stuff, the upcoming GI Joe Collector Club subscription, and third party and Henkei Transformers) without dipping into my actual pay for a while.

[shameless plug]So if you're looking for Vader, T-800s, Aliens, Preds, Leonidas, and others, head on down to the B/S/T section! :) [/shameless plug]

Similar to discussions about the GI Joe cartoon vs. comics, I don't really agree. Yes, the comics are a bit more sophisticated. But it isn't fine literature or anything. Both these forms of media were about robots that transform into means of transportation and dinosaurs, are aimed at children, and are fairly simplistic morality tales written primarily to sell toys. I can enjoy those comics because I'm able to suspend disbelief in an attempt to enjoy the fun and nostalgia of them. Same with the cartoons. But I don't agree with the argument that the comics are much better than the cartoons just because they hold up slightly better to adults who can pretend they are 12 or 13 years old when they read/view them as opposed to pretending they are 5 or 6. The cartoons have a certain appeal that the comics don't. The comics have a certain appeal that the cartoons don't. I personally like the cartoon better because the character designs look way better (the comic art was often really bad IMO), the voice acting is top notch, and yes, because that's where my nostalgia comes from.

I have to admit, I kind of like the Dinobots (HATE the 'y' spelling!) the way they are in the cartoon.

I just can't picture them speaking normally. :)

I did it.
darth_vader_nooo_7675.jpeg

I also like the dumb Dinobots. It's charming.

Yeah, it'll probably be Inferno! :)

I've heard Sideswipe (and for that matter, Bluestreak) is pretty much the same as the US versions, but I haven't seen comparison pics or a list of the differences...

There was a thread on TFW that listed the differences. I'll see if I can find it, very interesting stuff.

I do have some saved though, like Sideswipe and Bluestreak. If I'm unable to find the thread, let me know which ones you want to see and I'll post them.

Thanks - which one is which? Pretty sure the one on the right is the Henkei version of Bluestreak, but I'm not sure about Sideswipe...

Back