ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay cool so for MP Starscream's we have

1.Takara MP-03
2. Takara MP-03 (Ghost Version)
3. Takara MP-11
4. Hasbro USA Version
5. Hasbro Japanese USA version
6. Igear Traitor

Does anybody have any side by photos of them all together or make one? Id do it myself if i knew how to. Im curious to see the differences between them all on one page. Thanks again for the replies.

This is random..but why the fuss over Shockwave? I remember as a kid going into department stores and he would be the only friggin TF on the shelves..like 50 of them and noone else..and it made me hate the dude...I still bought him of course...but yea..why the fuss now?

This is random..but why the fuss over Shockwave? I remember as a kid going into department stores and he would be the only friggin TF on the shelves..like 50 of them and noone else..and it made me hate the dude...I still bought him of course...but yea..why the fuss now?

yeah i don't really get what all the fuss is about either.
He never did anything of any importance in the cartoon, his alt mode was rubbish, and he wasn't exactly oozing character.

Really? I thought his design was awesome, and he had a fairly prominent role on the cartoon. He always seemed to be one of the top guys, to me.

As far as I'm concerned, you've got Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave, and after those guys you've got the "minions": the other Seekers, cassettes, combiner teams and other smaller guys like the Insecticons, etc. Shockwave, due to his size and role (he led the Decepticons during Megatron's absence from Cybertron, didn't he? Wasn't that like millions of years?), always seemed to be one of the main guys, higher than Soundwave in the chain of command even.

He never did anything of any importance in the cartoon, his alt mode was rubbish, and he wasn't exactly oozing character.

There's the fact that he looks very visually distinctive from others, for starters. But more importantly, it's his portrayal in the Marvel comics that made him a memorable and classic character. Where he was a lackey in the cartoon with not much personality, in the comics he was a cold, logic-driven badass with memorable appearances and was in some ways a bigger villain than Megatron. That portrayal is what stuck for a lot of people and has made him so popular, with the modern day comics keeping that going.

I agree that he's a pretty bad-ass looking robot with the one eye and big laser hand. Plus, he is on what must be the most memorable and iconic Transformers comic cover of all:

Transformers-Issue-5.jpg

That kind of thing can go a long way. . .

Comics don't count :pfft:

KILL THE HERETIC!
Kill_The_Heretic_by_kingmong.jpg

as nostolgiabomb as the cartoon is, it was terrible compared to the comics.

Comics superior. Cartoon inferior.

There's the fact that he looks very visually distinctive from others, for starters. But more importantly, it's his portrayal in the Marvel comics that made him a memorable and classic character. Where he was a lackey in the cartoon with not much personality, in the comics he was a cold, logic-driven badass with memorable appearances and was in some ways a bigger villain than Megatron. That portrayal is what stuck for a lot of people and has made him so popular, with the modern day comics keeping that going.

:exactly: His design all ways stood out to me as well. The comics really do make him awesome.

This commissioned Primus was loaded with details. I painted him with a scheme inspired by Don Figueroa's Ultimate guide rendition, added some battle damage (comets and meteors) to his alt mode.

More pics can be seen here :
https://www.flickr.com/photos/accardi1/sets/72157627960289038/

6272939853_780544710f_o.jpg

6272939779_1e5b4d3b07_o.jpg

6273464754_65c8775e83_o.jpg

6273464978_37d86c5977_o.jpg

6273464588_b794ac6e59_o.jpg

6272939349_1914e9d25d_o.jpg

6273465072_cd3751a41b_o.jpg

That is simply STUNNING :clap
The paint scheme really brings a sense of scale to the toy. Saying that, it also shows how excellent the sculpt detail and design was. I'd give my right nut for that...:lecture

That is simply STUNNING :clap
The paint scheme really brings a sense of scale to the toy. Saying that, it also shows how excellent the sculpt detail and design was. I'd give my right nut for that...:lecture

haha, thanks. If I ever need an extra nut, I will send you a PM ;)

Maybe, but Soundwave was wrong about the Constructicons. Pompous ******.
Nobody calls Soundwave uncrasimatic!

Tapes were kicking Constructicon ass in that scene, btw. Because. . .they're superior. Ravage was even beating Blitzwing down. :lol

as nostolgiabomb as the cartoon is, it was terrible compared to the comics.
You're terrible :cuss

Nobody calls Soundwave uncrasimatic!

Tapes were kicking Constructicon ass in that scene, btw. Because. . .they're superior. Ravage was even beating Blitzwing down. :lol

I'm with karamazov on this one!

Soundwave is awesome.

Back