ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was traveling yesterday and today, so I stopped a few places to look for toys. Found HA Sideswipe and the twins ice cream truck. The latter one has a kind of odd story attached to it. I've been looking for this figure for quite a while with no success, so when I finally found one at a Target, I snatched it up. I noticed that it had been opened and resealed, and had a target return sticker on it. It seemed a little odd that they would be selling it as new, but I was so happy to see it that I didn't really care.

It wouldn't scan when I went through the checkout (because of the return sticker over the UPC) and when the cashier asked me if I remembered how much it was, I stupidly said $12.98, since that was the last price I remembered seeing. After checking out it occurred to me that this was too much, and was probably the price for the fast action battlers. The deluxes are only supposed to be $11.98. So I went to customer service to see if I could get my $1 back. They were very surprised to see that an opened item had been put out for sale, and asked if I wanted to go get a new one. Of course there weren't any other ones, so I said I was fine with it. But the woman there said that since it was an open item she would only charge me half price. So I got my $1 back, plus about $6 more. I opened the figure when I got home and it's perfectly fine. I have no idea what the story was. Why would someone return one of the hardest to find figures? And why had Target put it out again for sale against their policy? I can't answer that, but it worked out well for me.

Thought I'd add a few "non movie" pics of some of my collection.

Bob

Picture017-1.jpg

Picture024-1.jpg

Picture004-2.jpg

Picture023-1.jpg

Picture020-1.jpg

Picture003-2.jpg

I was traveling yesterday and today, so I stopped a few places to look for toys. Found HA Sideswipe and the twins ice cream truck. The latter one has a kind of odd story attached to it. I've been looking for this figure for quite a while with no success, so when I finally found one at a Target, I snatched it up. I noticed that it had been opened and resealed, and had a target return sticker on it. It seemed a little odd that they would be selling it as new, but I was so happy to see it that I didn't really care.

It wouldn't scan when I went through the checkout (because of the return sticker over the UPC) and when the cashier asked me if I remembered how much it was, I stupidly said $12.98, since that was the last price I remembered seeing. After checking out it occurred to me that this was too much, and was probably the price for the fast action battlers. The deluxes are only supposed to be $11.98. So I went to customer service to see if I could get my $1 back. They were very surprised to see that an opened item had been put out for sale, and asked if I wanted to go get a new one. Of course there weren't any other ones, so I said I was fine with it. But the woman there said that since it was an open item she would only charge me half price. So I got my $1 back, plus about $6 more. I opened the figure when I got home and it's perfectly fine. I have no idea what the story was. Why would someone return one of the hardest to find figures? And why had Target put it out again for sale against their policy? I can't answer that, but it worked out well for me.

Awesome Icruise! Also that is a kick ass collection SB. :rock

Silent Bob, I love your display! I am all about character-themed shelves. I need to take pics of mine soon. Clever use of the Myclone Lambor to take the place of the (sadly never made) Robot Heroes Sideswipe. Great, great collection!

Very awesome display silent bob, really like how you have them grouped
I got animated Soundwave, I wasn't gonna get any animated but flying V laserbeak sealed the deal on him :lol I'm glad I bought him
downsized_0831091739-1.jpg

Now that is a badass collection - great display too!

Awesome Icruise! Also that is a kick ass collection SB. :rock

Love the collection pics SB, I love the variety of color!

Dinobot display looks good. I got to pickup MP Grimlock soon.

Wow!! Thanks for all the kind comments guys!!!

Silent Bob, I love your display! I am all about character-themed shelves. I need to take pics of mine soon. Clever use of the Myclone Lambor to take the place of the (sadly never made) Robot Heroes Sideswipe. Great, great collection!

Really good eye on the Myclone mate!! Yeah, shame they have cancelled the Gen 1 robot heroes. Post your pics soon. would love to see them mate!!

Very awesome display silent bob, really like how you have them grouped
I got animated Soundwave, I wasn't gonna get any animated but flying V laserbeak sealed the deal on him :lol I'm glad I bought him

Soundwave is one of the animated TF's I have yet to pick up. Love the little guys though. Blur and Samurai Prowl are probably my faves !!

Picture073.jpg

Picture072.jpg

Wow!! Thanks for all the kind comments guys!!!

Really good eye on the Myclone mate!! Yeah, shame they have cancelled the Gen 1 robot heroes. Post your pics soon. would love to see them mate!!

Soundwave is one of the animated TF's I have yet to pick up. Love the little guys though. Blur and Samurai Prowl are probably my faves !!

Picture073.jpg

Picture072.jpg

F_ck yeah! :rock The Animated figures are awesome, anyone who isn't sure buy one and admire the sheer awesomeness of the engineering that goes into those things. Really underrated IMO.

Wow, what a great collection! I agree about Animated figures, I love how stylish design remain in both modes.

Yeah, the animated ones are really some of my favorite TFs ever. I passed up buying the animated Skywarp the other day since I try to keep the number of repaints to a minimum, but now I'm kind of having second thoughts. I have almost all of the animated ones aside from the truly superfluous repaints like "stealth bumblebee" or whatever it's called.

I hated the Animated show, but I love the figures. I have most of them, but could never seem to find Wreckgar. Anybody got one for sale/trade?

I agree. The Animated figs really don’t get the respect they deserve.
Even if people don’t like the aesthetics and how stylised they are I recommend they pick up Samurai Prowl.
He is without a shadow of a doubt the best motorcycle transformer ever made in my opinion.

Bob

A store near me has samurai prowl and blurr I want to get one, I'm very torn between the two though

Back