ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could you point out some of these areas on the doors so I can do them correctly on my repaints? I know where blue needs to be added and what not to the entire figure though.

No problem, I'll grab a few pics ASAP. I'm mostly talking about the upper half of the door though; I know there's a thin line of blue on there, but it doesn't really look all that convincing.:lol

EDIT: Here. A screencap that shows off his chest pretty well:

snapshot20071031190837c.jpg

Promo art using the actual CGI design of the first movie:

biotoptimusprime.jpg

And a HUGE HD version if you want to get a better look at it. Just so you can get even the tiniest aspects of the paintjob right.:lol

Last edited:
just picked up sideswipe. i really dig the proportions in robot mode. his feet are kind of wonky and make it a little hard to for him to stand but overall i think he is my new favorite.

019-1.jpg

011-3.jpg

009-4.jpg

Choice is up to you. :) I'm gonna try it myself as well, only thing I'm worried about is the flame pattern...Don't think I'll be able to duplicate it.:(
I think I may later this summer. Been wanting to do a repaint, just don't wanna paint up my Prime, wanna keep it stock..:lol
Damn bro you got some skills, any work you have that you can post?

There is a couple pics a few posts back and a link.

just picked up sideswipe. i really dig the proportions in robot mode. his feet are kind of wonky and make it a little hard to for him to stand but overall i think he is my new favorite.

009-4.jpg

I was literally like, WTF? for his mech-alive feature, but he's still great. And luckily I've never had any problems posing him yet.

Those pics of Sideswipe are boss bro! :rock

Here is a small picture guide of small things that are not usually done when someone paints a Prime, or done incorrectly:
345c37m.jpg

Things that are common mistakes(color wise) or not even done:

1.The "Spring" is hardly ever done in a brass color but yet more of a gold color.
2. The upper arm "band" isn't painted blue, flames are never done there.
I probably wont do them though. Maybe..
3. The chin "Bolts" or nobs aren't usually painted silver
4. Side mirrors not done in a strong silver/chrome color.
5. Blue panel on upright shoulder piece.
6. Flame apps. on chest piece.
7. Cab lights done in chrome with light blue lights(painted).
8-10. Various things on the face and side of the head.

I may be a little to picky, but if I pay top dollar for a custom I want these things done.

HTS has Voyager Megatron and Mixmaster instock and Deluxe Ravage, Mudflap, Canon BB and Interrogator Barricade for preorder. Use promo code "FALLEN" for free shipping if you spend $50 or more.

Stopped by TRU to see if there was anything new, seems like the ROTF is selling pretty good. But there was a ^^^^ load of BB and no Soundwave.

Yeah I haven't seen any Soundwave anywhere.

I picked up deluxe Skids earlier today. Pretty cool little figure but his head is weird. I don't know why Hasbro would not release Mudflap in the same wave as Skids. Aren't they, like, brothers or something?

yea i know right thats so odd, but i just got soundwave and new mold ironhide today i love this ironhide much better then the old one the cannons are cool. now i need mudflap more decepticons and freakin ravage.

yea i know right thats so odd, but i just got soundwave and new mold ironhide today i love this ironhide much better then the old one the cannons are cool. now i need mudflap more decepticons and freakin ravage.

Yep, the new Ironhide is awesome. Still hate how the springs on the two chest pieces make them rest against his head instead of his shoulders though :(

Back