ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking about cancelling Ironhide and ratchet. Their robot modes are pretty weak and the van mode is kind of ugly with so many lines.

I'm thinking about cancelling Ironhide and ratchet. Their robot modes are pretty weak and the van mode is kind of ugly with so many lines.

The only thing I'd want from either figure are Ratchet's tools as I could give them to Wheeljack.

So far there aren't any better options as the Voodoo ones aren't too great but I'm not going to settle for mediocrity just to get an Ironhide or Ratchet in my '84 lineup so I'll either wait for something better or go without.

Rather than going with Hot Rod and potentially Galvatron as figures to go head to head with Takara it would have been much more intresting if FT had gone with Ironhide & Ratchet.

I was reading Badcube's FB page and there's been a possible hint towards their next new figure as they left a smiley face icon next to someone's comment that suggested they should do Jazz.

I'd prefer they went back to Minibots but Jazz would undoubtedly be a popular figure if they got the looks right.

Wow just dropped in this section and didnt know of this thread! Glad there is some strong Transformers G1 love especially for MP's. I got back into game after seeing Apollyon's first pics. Now with all these third parties filling in the gaps, I'm in G1 heaven! Even inspired me to make my first MP video review with transformation and all! I'd love to hear some feedback so if you like the video please comment and subscribe. Looking for more inspiration to make my next one! :duff

Badcube MP Insecticons Review

Yeah, I would love to see Fanstoys tackle Ratchet and Ironhide. Damn '86ers should be, uh, eighty-sixed.

Good to see you here, Magnus!

Hey Sam! Thanks! Good to see a familar face so quick! Lol! I'm so hooked right now its crazy brother!

And whats that about the 86'ers??? You didn't like them!??? I love em all unfortunatley! :lol

Can't wait for Scourge next week!!!!

Always loved your collection and happy to hear you are "all-in" for transformers now! I watched about 10 minutes of your video and had to do something else, but look forward to watching the rest! Definitely post more!!
Wow just dropped in this section and didnt know of this thread! Glad there is some strong Transformers G1 love especially for MP's. I got back into game after seeing Apollyon's first pics. Now with all these third parties filling in the gaps, I'm in G1 heaven! Even inspired me to make my first MP video review with transformation and all! I'd love to hear some feedback so if you like the video please comment and subscribe. Looking for more inspiration to make my next one! :duff

Badcube MP Insecticons Review

Hey Sam! Thanks! Good to see a familar face so quick! Lol! I'm so hooked right now its crazy brother!

And whats that about the 86'ers??? You didn't like them!??? I love em all unfortunatley! :lol

Can't wait for Scourge next week!!!!
I like the animated film, and think part of it is just my knowing I need some boundaries on my collection. But in general I don't care for the shift away from modern, real-world vehicles (mostly, obviously putting aside Insecticons, tape decks, laser pistol Shockwave, Dinobots. . . :lol ) to futuristic space vehicles. I'm going to get the new Hot Rod, but only because I had and liked the toy as a kid. But anyone else is a pass for me.

As a kid I remember resenting Prime and Megatron being tossed aside in favor of Ultra Magnus and Galvatron and I never wanted either toy, the only toys of characters who debuted in the '86 movie I had were Hot Rod and Kup.

I suppose I could go for FT Hot Rod and see if XTransbots have upped their build quality to an acceptable level by the time their Kup is ready to go but I think I'd sooner keep what display space I have left for more 84-85 characters.

DarthMagnus,
Nice review!

So far Badcube's Insecticons are the first figures they've done that I've not bought as I prefer how the Fans Toys ones look but after seeing the different sized Insecticons in Transformers Devastation have thought about possibly getting the Badcube ones as well once I've got a few other things paid for.

I like the animated film, and think part of it is just my knowing I need some boundaries on my collection. But in general I don't care for the shift away from modern, real-world vehicles (mostly, obviously putting aside Insecticons, tape decks, laser pistol Shockwave, Dinobots. . . :lol ) to futuristic space vehicles. I'm going to get the new Hot Rod, but only because I had and liked the toy as a kid. But anyone else is a pass for me.

Yeah, I'm kind of like that.

The movie characters have a special place in my heart - actually, due to having to take a bus to a French school growing up that was a little far away from home, I missed pretty much the entirety of Season Two when I was growing up, but I did see the movie several times. There's some nostalgia there, for sure.

But that said, I just prefer the "purity" of the Diaclone-style, "real life" Transformers from 1984-85. That was definitely the best era of G1, hands down. The quality of both the toy designs and the Sunbow cartoon went down in 1986 (much like what happened to GI Joe, as well!).

Yeah, I would love to see Fanstoys tackle Ratchet and Ironhide. Damn '86ers should be, uh, eighty-sixed.

Good to see you here, Magnus!

Damn straight. I feel a bit dirty having preordered them, to be quite honest.

As for their Hot Rod... Honestly, I don't see enough of a difference between the two to warrant a purchase. The Takara one looks great to me, and quite frankly, I wouldn't count on a CG render necessarily representing a better product, even if it did look better.

That's not to say it doesn't look good - just not quite enough of an improvement, if any.

FT's Galvatron looks off, too. When you compare it to G1 screen shots, there's just too much that's exaggerated about the FansToys version, and quite a few of the "curves" and what not just aren't present (and I'm not just talking about the cannon, which will be refined, apparently). Looking at the difference between Quake Wave and Takara's official Shockwave, this is one character I feel will come out better from Takara... Maybe not as solid or heavy, but that's okay by me. And he's important enough a character that I think he WILL happen, eventually.

I do prefer their Reflector to MakeToys, though. There's something just off about the MT versions, IMO. Too blocky/cartoony looking. FT's alt mode especially looks like a real Masterpiece product. Their facesculpts look a little odd in pictures, admittedly - but with several options to switch them out, and the fact that face sculpts usually look better in person, it's certainly not a deal-breaker.

Decided to cancel Sphinx due to VERY spotty in-hand feedback. Looks like this isn't the clear winner the test-shot reviewers made it out to be... What with that, and the odd logos and words plastered on him, I think I'll wait until either Takara, FansToys or BadCube does one. :)

I preordered Sphinx after the test shot reviews and it should arrive in a couple of days, hope I get one of the decent ones. XT Andras arrived today and it feels like a big improvement in quality over previous XT figures I own. Very happy with it.

I preordered Sphinx after the test shot reviews and it should arrive in a couple of days, hope I get one of the decent ones. XT Andras arrived today and it feels like a big improvement in quality over previous XT figures I own. Very happy with it.

Any issues? I didn't know people have been getting it in. :)

I am seriously considering it, as it seems to be a big improvement on past releases, even Apollyon (which I passed on, and still don't regret it).

Yeah I've heard some people are getting a good Sphinx and some are a bit iffy... hope I get a good one too.

As for Andras it feels really solid when transforming and there were no problems with paint either. Only issue is stress marks by the thumb joint which I only realised after seeing it on tfw. The hands were not transformed properly when it was converted to spaceship mode which put unnecessary pressure on the joint. But apparently that is easy to get rid of with hot water, I haven't bothered though as it really isn't noticeable. Also has lots of ratchet joints and seems overall high quality, I'd rank it as superior to some of my FT transformers if that helps. Plus the head sculpt is fantastic :)

If I believed all the scaremongering BS about QC that gets tossed about with every new release I wouldn't order a single figure :lol

Nothing I've read about Sphinx suggests it has any issues that're any worse than my following Takara experiences,

Both my MP10's had small chips in the chrome straight from the box. Kind of annoying, but not noticeable for the vast majority of the time they're on display.

Both my Sideswipes have paint issues, including a visible finger mark on the roof of one. I just keep it in robot mode where that bit is round the back and not noticeable.

One of my Smokescreens has a small paint chip on one of the doors. It's not noticeable when on display.

I have also had a few loose joints on various figures, none were so floppy it made them unusable so it was no big deal as it's not like I repose my figures much anyway.

If these figures were limited edition, high end products I would perhaps be more picky on issues like the ones I've described but they're not.

They're mass produced and sometimes **** happens, it's the luck of the draw.

As long as you order from a company who's got reliable customer service, you just get a replacement or a refund if you receive anything with a serious issue.

Check out these new pics of MP-29 Shockwave!! That all-in-one transformation, with the gun tip turning into the backpack without partsforming is definitely the "Masterpiece Moment" for me with MP-29!!

01.jpg

My Sphinx arrived yesterday. It's a really solid figure, I really like it, and didn't find any major problems. The covers for his forearms which flip out with his hands don't tab in very well, actually they don't tab in at all on one side but unless the figure is being played with a lot it shouldn't be a problem and those pesky front tyres did keep coming off the wheel hubs during transformation too but it's nothing major either. The paintwork on mine is nice and overall it feels very solid with no loose joints. It definitely looks like G1 Mirage, with more aesthectics taken from the cartoon and G1 toy than from the real world Ligier. I wish that the ELL and GoooYear logos on his chest weren't quite so big as it'll take a big Autobot logo to cover them completely. I really prefer this darker blue to the new lighter blue version too.

FullSizeRenderM1s.jpg

FullSizeRenderM2s.jpg

MMC display at a toy show in Asia,

I'm loving the size of their Ravage, it makes the figure very reminiscent of the character's appearances in the G1 Marvel comics.

Back