ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All things transformers!!!!

If true, Takara needs to release one hell of a Shockwave figure in order to compete with the FT one. If there's one company that can do that, it's them,

Do you have a source?

The latest of the many Shockwave rumors since Quakewave was released over 2 years ago appears to emanate from the same guy that once claimed that a MP Soundwave was never going to happen because his "source" told him the feeling at Takara was that it wouldn't sell very well due to it's dated alt mode.

MP Soundwave has of course been released by Takara and Hasbro and recieved the obligatory Soundblaster repaint.

He was also at the centre of the rumor that Lamborghini were so unhappy with the initial run of Sideswipe they were about to cancel their licensing agreement. This was quickly disproved by the releases of Red Alert, Tigertrack & G2 Sideswipe plus the additional production runs of of Sideswipe and Red Alert :lol

If he really did have a direct line to Takara why didn't his "sources" say a single thing about Optimus Primal in the months leading up to the announcement during the Tokyo Toy Show?

Nobody saw that coming, it was the first time in a while that Takara genuinely sprang a suprise.

In the event that Takara actually do make Shockwave this time they can make a few details more cartoon or toy accurate such as the legs but one thing they won't do is come close to Quakewave's build quality because nothing they have done to date ever has.

Re: All things transformers!!!!

If true, Takara needs to release one hell of a Shockwave figure in order to compete with the FT one. If there's one company that can do that, it's them,

On the flip side, if there's one company that can overlook him just as easily, it's also them. If I listened to everybody who had a source, I'd be kicking myself for not being able to enjoy my Quakewave since I bought it on day one, few years ago.

The latest of the many Shockwave rumors since Quakewave was released over 2 years ago appears to emanate from the same guy that once claimed that a MP Soundwave was never going to happen because his "source" told him the feeling at Takara was that it wouldn't sell very well due to it's dated alt mode.

MP Soundwave has of course been released by Takara and Hasbro and recieved the obligatory Soundblaster repaint.

He was also at the centre of the rumor that Lamborghini were so unhappy with the initial run of Sideswipe they were about to cancel their licensing agreement. This was quickly disproved by the releases of Red Alert, Tigertrack & G2 Sideswipe plus the additional production runs of of Sideswipe and Red Alert :lol

If he really did have a direct line to Takara why didn't his "sources" say a single thing about Optimus Primal in the months leading up to the announcement during the Tokyo Toy Show?

None of these so called "insiders" claimed that Monkey Prime was about to be revealed, so there's no reason to believe anything else they say particularly after they've cried wolf so many times before with Shockwave and other characters.

In the event that Takara actually do make Shockwave this time they can make a few details more cartoon or toy accurate such as the legs but one thing they won't do is come close to Quakewave's build quality because nothing they have done to date ever has.

Takara are more restricted by having to meet a different pricepoint and having to make products that pass certain safety tests but enough people pay for FT's figures so Takara could get away with charging more if they upped their game a bit.

:D There's always one of those in every toy forum... happens the same with MOTU

Re: All things transformers!!!!

On the flip side, if there's one company that can overlook him just as easily, it's also them. If I listened to everybody who had a source, I'd be kicking myself for not being able to enjoy my Quakewave since I bought it on day one, few years ago.

Way back when those that claimed to be in the know were urging people to ignore Quakewave because the official one was imminent yet here we are over two years later and the official one is still nowhere to be seen.

If it does happen then great, it'll stop those that have been scalping Quakewave for silly money and will finally give the anti-3rd party crowd the chance to get a decent figure of the character and a much needed new Decepticon.

But when the source of the latest rumor has such a dodgy record for being accurate my natural inclination is to dismiss it as BS.

HPGR_Thrawn,
Nice work! :lol

Kuzeh,
That doesn't suprise me, it happens with Hot Toys figures as well although they're becoming so predictable that if someone claimed to have a source that told them what Iron Man figures were next I'd probably believe that :lol

yeah but there will be something different about the ko version. coloring could be darker or different hand color scheme what ever. I love mine ft`s quake wave because of it`s craftsmanship and structure they did a great job

That's probably true, but I suspect it will still affect secondary market value. I just saw some in-hand pics of the SDCC Devastator on TFW2005, and I'm totally passing on it. That vac-metal purple looks pretty bad. Takara, with the improved joints and head options, etc., seems like the clear way to go at this point.

That's probably true, but I suspect it will still affect secondary market value. I just saw some in-hand pics of the SDCC Devastator on TFW2005, and I'm totally passing on it. That vac-metal purple looks pretty bad. Takara, with the improved joints and head options, etc., seems like the clear way to go at this point.

is there any pics of the takara devastator yet and where

Only from their convention panel.

Tokyo Toy Show Takara Transformers Panel Roundup - MASTERPIECE IRONHIDE & GORILLA CONVOY/OPTIMUS PRIMAL, Unite Warriors Devastator, Elbows, & More! - Transformer World 2005 - TFW2005.COM

gBAfRTG.jpg

But it will probably cost folks closer to $200 in the U.S.

Ordered. Amazing how the Hasbro version (apparently some people have it already) looks way better than the 3p offerings when pictured as a group. And at about $500 less.

Ordered. Amazing how the Hasbro version (apparently some people have it already) looks way better than the 3p offerings when pictured as a group. And at about $500 less.

More like $250-$350 less depending on which one you compare to. Hercules can also be found cheaper than $500 these days I think.

With the Perfect Effect upgrade it looks presentable but still has way too little paint and imo the detailing is more suited to being half the size it is. Given the price of their other CW upgrade parts and this being a bit more complex the set will probably add like $100 to the set.

Perfect Effect Add-on Kits For Combiner Wars Devastator - Transformer World 2005 - TFW2005.COM

Perfect-Effect-Upgrade-Devasator-3.jpg

Back