ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waiting for better official pics/videos before I even begin to judge Ironhide,learned my lesson from the last few reveals which at first looked subpar but ended up being spectacular.

I was never into the beast wars show. it was ok but nothing like the g1. it got better towards the end when they were mixing in the g1 stories that was cool. the character`s they I couldn`t believe how small they looked to the g1 character`s :horror

Now that my initial excitement has worn off a bit, I think that Ironhide does look a bit odd, proportionally. Like he doesn't look quite bulky/stocky enough somehow. Maybe if the head were slightly larger/wider.
Courtesy of talyn of TFW2005, here's a comparison with the animation model; his head is definitely woefully undersized, which is the first thing I noticed about him. Hopefully it's not too late for them to make it a little bigger. I also wish they'd paint the panels that form the sides of his torso black to match the shoulders; too much red on him currently, and I'm pretty sure the outward-facing side of those panels in robot mode end up inside the van in alt mode so painting them black on one side shouldn't be an issue.

xbdzcx.jpg

Regardless, Takara Tomy's Ironhide definitely blows the 3rd parties out of the water. He doesn't have that "head and arms poking up from behind a windshield" look that this one suffers from, the windhield and shoulders don't feel grossly oversized like so many of them do, and the waste, legs and feet are superb. I'll likely hold out for the inevitable Ratchet repaint though; he was the figure I had as a kid and there's too many dominantly-red Autobots in the Masterpiece series already.

ratchet_zpsifiojcqq.jpg

Last edited:
do you make kits for the eye`s and matrix

no... honestly it's a very tricky setup to get it to work. it requires completely breaking down the figure from the waist up.... well to do it right, that is. if you want everything buried inside the figure so you don't have wires hanging out anywhere. if you look at his panel where his head is attached... if you completely break it down... the posts that it swivels on... you use a micro drill bit and go thru to the post, then drill down thru the post then run the micro leds to the eyes.

these pics will give you an idea of what's involved...

Back