ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Star Saber and exhaust up for order on BBTS... gonna wait for HLJ.com

and yeah, still gonna wait on exhaust till the ko's, as i am gonna repaint them. black body, purple windows? that SCREAMS vehicon.

Last edited:
Yeah, not at all interested in Exhaust. Kind of bugged by the fact that he's got his own number, if only for the lack of consistency, but whatever.

I am a bit apprehensive about what Takara might do in the future, as a result of hearing this news, however.

Yeah, not at all interested in Exhaust. Kind of bugged by the fact that he's got his own number, if only for the lack of consistency, but whatever.

I am a bit apprehensive about what Takara might do in the future, as a result of hearing this news, however.

makes buying Spinout (Sunstreaker) much easier (looking very sweet)...who knows what Takara wants to do and I don't want to wait 5-10 years either

I'm not interested in this guy, but it's pretty cool that Takara has these nods to the hardest of the hardcore fans. Here's the Diaclone Wheeljack he's based off of:

MarlboroWheeljack2.jpg

MP_Exhaust.jpg

I haven't been keeping up to date, but does MP Wheeljack come with the Immobilizer? Or is it exclusive to Exhaust?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

why's that? it's just a diaclone repaint of wheeljack.

One whom was re purposed into a decepticon in the comics.

I'm fine with its existence - in fact, more than fine. But the fact that he's got his own number indicates a possible change in direction simply due to the fact that it's not consistent with previous releases.

Until now, non-core G1 character repaints, be they Diaclone or otherwise, have been given such designations as "MP-12T", etc. Heck, even Soundblaster, who WAS a G1 character in his own right (albeit only in Japan), didn't get his own number.

I might be making too much of all this - to be quite honest, I don't REALLY care about box numbers and designations and what not, since I open them up anyway and mix and match with Hasbro MPs and third party figures as well. What I do care about, however, is that something at Takara has changed. Hopefully it's just a MINOR change, but this - along with Kobayashi's changes for MP Ultra Magnus (all-in-one vs Hasui's traditional design) - MAY indicate that the "purity" of Hasui's vision for the line is POSSIBLY in jeopardy.

This is an initial, very tentative assessment, mind you. I am not saying this is ACTUALLY the case. The sky is not falling. :) I just have to wonder, that's all. And in the end it's all just about toys, so don't think I'm taking this TOO seriously. ;)

makes buying Spinout (Sunstreaker) much easier (looking very sweet)...who knows what Takara wants to do and I don't want to wait 5-10 years either

Yeah, I think this is what it basically boils down to for me as well. I always thought this way, to some extent, but I feel somewhat "safer" buying stuff like that now.

Omnigonix Sunstreaker's alt mode alongside his bro,

Not gonna lie, the side windows being altered just because the designer felt like it is not a choice I'm really down with and I feel the lack of chrome is a major miss, but I'll get over it, just as I did with a couple of the other niggles on official Masterpieces. The real question mark now is the build quality and how good the paintjob is.

Color prototype of FT's Swoop,

Hey guys. I did a comparison of the old MP8x and the new one.
Wasn't very happy with the new one :D

I also did a write up of all the mp8x reviews on anymoon:
https://anymoon.com/blog/?p=7428

Great comparison video! Yeah, I was the one that found the incorrectly assembled elbow. At least my BBTS replacement arm is coming, but now that you've shown the clear difference in silver paint quality, I'm rather disappointed with my reissue now!

Yeah I remember using that photo from you. Should have asked but putting it all together it slipped my mind. I can take it out for sure until I have time to udpate it and credit you :D

I'm glad the paint difference showed up in the video. I thought I might be going crazy but I knew something was off.

Last edited:
Yeah I remember using that photo from you. Should have asked but putting it all together it slipped my mind. I can take it out for sure until I have time to udpate it and credit you :D

I'm glad the paint difference showed up in the video. I thought I might be going crazy but I knew something was off.

No need to take the photo down. Just thought I'd mention it that's all. With photos all over the web these days, sometimes getting credit for photos one takes can be hard.

Regarding the size issue, I actually think there is size shrinkage. In all my side by side photos of the reissue Mp-8X next to my original MP-8, the reissue looks smaller.

Back