ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like that first pic soundwave although the second one would probably look better as a tat?
Yeah Corsair those were the days mate...we had a local toy shop that had all the G1 figures along with masters of the universe. Amazing seeing all those toys...that I wouldn't ever own :( lol
I'll make a decision on the horns when I get it. Probably my only nit with the figure from moment one has been all the chrome on the head. It may look better in hand though :)

such beauty in this figure.
hwzxoy.jpg

I like that first pic soundwave although the second one would probably look better as a tat?
Yeah Corsair those were the days mate...we had a local toy shop that had all the G1 figures along with masters of the universe. Amazing seeing all those toys...that I wouldn't ever own :( lol
I'll make a decision on the horns when I get it. Probably my only nit with the figure from moment one has been all the chrome on the head. It may look better in hand though :)

There was also that downside of not being able to own many of the toys I spent hours drooling over as my folks weren't that well off and I also had 3 sisters.

I remember being told to pick 1 Dinobot from the 4 in front of me ( No UK release for Swoop of course ) and I think I went for Grimlock although I did manage to get Sludge via a trade with a school friend later on.

The good thing about having a small collection was that it taught me to appreciate what I got more, but it was still frustrating as there was always one spoilt kid in school that got everything.

I think the decision to make the dino head gold chrome instead of translucent plastic like the G1 toy or the flat yellow of the cartoon was a bold move but it's paid off as Scoria doesn't just "pop" on a shelf, it positively explodes :lol

Verbal21,
I think Star Saber looks great, I'm just not sure where I'd find room in my display for it.

There was also that downside of not being able to own many of the toys I spent hours drooling over as my folks weren't that well off and I also had 3 sisters.

I remember being told to pick 1 Dinobot from the 4 in front of me ( No UK release for Swoop of course ) and I think I went for Grimlock although I did manage to get Sludge via a trade with a school friend later on.

The good thing about having a small collection was that it taught me to appreciate what I got more, but it was still frustrating as there was always one spoilt kid in school that got everything.

I think the decision to make the dino head gold chrome instead of translucent plastic like the G1 toy or the flat yellow of the cartoon was a bold move but it's paid off as Scoria doesn't just "pop" on a shelf, it positively explodes :lol

Verbal21,
I think Star Saber looks great, I'm just not sure where I'd find room in my display for it.

Same here (less the 3 sisters) I think Scorponok was the pinical of my transformers collection. There was this nod kid at school that had Jetfire, Siundwave, Shockwave and Swoop; I was so jealous and he'd never let anyone hold them! Lol

It was a bold move colouring Scoria as they have. Quite excited to get him now :)

I'd agree, Starsaber seems more anime/mecha specific than the traditional MP's. I think he'd stick out like a sore thumb as nice as he is.

Last edited:
Verbal21,

I'd agree, Starsaber seems more anime/mecha specific than the traditional MP's. I think he'd stick out like a sore thumb as nice as he is.

I only collect the MP's after MP-08 so my TF display isn't too crazy at the moment but Star Saber's getting his own shelf:D

Same here (less the 3 sisters) I think Scorponok was the pynical of my transformers collection. There was this nod kid at school that had Jetfire, Siundwave, Shockwave and Swoop; I was so jealous and he'd never let anyone hold them! Lol

It was a bold move colouring Scoria as they have. Quite excited to get him now :)

I was the first kid in my class to get Optimus Prime, which was probably the closest I ever got to being cool for any period of time :lol

The spoilt kid at my school came back from a holiday in the USA with toys like Swoop that were never available here....I think he got beat up a couple of times :lol

I won't completely rule out getting Star Saber but it's not going to be a priority.

Verbal21,
If you've got the space go for it. I've kind of screwed my long term display plans by buying extras of all the Autobot cars :rotfl

EDIT
Dino mode!

Got my Scoria today..

Robot Mode is awesome...the joints are a bit loose and the figure is heavy...seems the weight of the figure tends to make the legs joints flop around a bit

Dino mode is great but the transformation is a bit of a nightmare where the tabs in the legs lock in very tight and don't easily snap in,then leaving the legs a nightmare (and worrying about breaking it) to pulling them apart..

No absolute QC issues on mine besides a little loose joints from the figures weight, but the Robot to Dino is a bit desired with those tabs and lineing up the back properly

If you can afford it,pick one up

So my 2 and 4 year old have seriously got me back into Transformers. I introduced it to them, mainly through Rescue Bots (the original animated show is still a bit too violent for them), and they absolutely love it. I've also shown them selected scenes from the movies, mainly when you see the Autobots not in battle, and the arrival to Earth scene from the first movie is their absolute favorite. My 4-year old sings the Arrival to Earth theme all day and always asks me to sing it to him when he's in bed. At the dinner table, most of the time they won't listen to what I have to say, but if I pretend I am Optimus Prime and speak with a deep voice, they will listen. :lol

Also, whenever they see Transformers transforming, they pretend to transform as well, sound effects and all.

Seriously feel like a kid again!

I was the first kid in my class to get Optimus Prime, which was probably the closest I ever got to being cool for any period of time :lol

The spoilt kid at my school came back from a holiday in the USA with toys like Swoop that were never available here....I think he got beat up a couple of times :lol

I won't completely rule out getting Star Saber but it's not going to be a priority.

Verbal21,
If you've got the space go for it. I've kind of screwed my long term display plans by buying extras of all the Autobot cars :rotfl

EDIT
Dino mode!

Rocket!

I have the jizaitoys version of this and wheelie. I bought the superalloy version of Wheelie and it's pretty cool. Has diecast even.
The original jizaitoys while being great designwise are pretty fragile. I don't dare play with them. I'm going to need to buy this me thinks. So that way I can play with it and make transforming noises. Oh I bought the xtransbots version of their Powerglide too. Never got the jizaitoys version of him but always wanted it.
KFC10044.jpg

My scoria arrived and his right arm is loooooooooose

Also the front of his chest looked like this:

That warrants a replacement. I gave up on 3rd party and just stick to official Takara and Hasbro MP's. I just sold my Quakewave hoping we get an official Shockwave.

Oh yes, it probably won't be the last time that figure appears in my TF pics.

Silent Bob,
Nice pic, I think it might sway me on at least one of those custom Revoltechs although I can probably justify getting Sunstreaker AND Wheeljack as it's my birthday coming up :lol

edstuff,
I thought that Cyclonus looked familiar. I always wanted the jizaitoys version of him and Wheelie but they were too fragile and expensive for my liking. I briefly owned one of the KO's of Wheelie but it didn't really fit anywhere in my display so I resold it. I picked up the XTransbots Powerglide for £15 and thought it was decent value for that.

Reinhardt,
Nice story, just don't show 'em much more of Bay's movies, they give some adults nightmares, so I hate to think what they'd do to little ones :lol

hordeall,
There are fixes for the shoulder & jaw looseness that have been posted in the Scoria thread at TFW which require some unscrewing of parts and partial dissassembly that you could try but given the state of that chest panel a complete replacement might be a better option, in which case you should contact your dealer.

Fans Toys have also said that if anyone just needs a spare part they should contact their dealer and get them to arrange with FT to send it out to them.

After how good Quakewave's QC was there's been a fair amount of people online doing nothing but stir the pot now that Scoria has arrived with some issues but being realistic,

1. Nobody's perfect. Even official Masterpiece Transformers have had their share of issues.

2. There was always likely to be more risk of issues occurring with Scoria because compared to Quakewave it's a much more complex toy to put together....it's got 150 more parts than Quakewave was comprised of and a crapload more areas that're painted.

At least FT are doing all they can to help people who get bad ones. Most 3rd party companies don't even respond to e-mails, let alone offer any kind of customer service.

Here's a quick pic of Scoria, which arrived today,

Sweeeet,he fits in well! I see you still have Faith Leader as ur main prime,did you ever change ur mind and get/want an MP10?

Yeah that's what I think I might do.
Scoria should be easy to come by for a while yet so can definitely wait a bit :)

Lol Thanks.
I'm also considering these 2 for it at the mo...

Dinobots_groupshot_by_Dan_the_artguy.jpg

G1-dinobots-botcon2010.jpg

Not sure which will win but it's all down to money & my pain threshold ;) lol
My Leg piece cost me £1200 & that wasn't as big as this...going to be expensive me thinks ;)

I digg that first pic yo,would be a nice tat indeed.

EDIT
Dino mode!

**** I might just have to get this guy.

Deaths Head and Sunny in the house!!

Love these guys :yess:

Bob

Those are neat!

My scoria arrived and his right arm is loooooooooose

Also the front of his chest looked like this:

Dang sorry dude,there is a arm fix over at TFW2005 but if I were you just get him exchanged.

Did the dinobots ever combine? It'd be cool if they were originally a combiner bot. And once they combined, they'd have the ability to transform into one gigantic dinosaur then back to one massive robot form. :)

Back