ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Official pictures are coming in. Brainstorm looks like the clear winner, and the new voyager Optimus is just a giant joke. Almost looks like a toy for a new cartoon that didn't go through.

tumblr_n7jaqpUODl1s044l0o1_1280.png

tumblr_n7jaqpUODl1s044l0o2_1280.png

tumblr_n7jamrFdXs1s044l0o1_1280.png

tumblr_n7jamrFdXs1s044l0o2_1280.png

That Megatron looks a lot less impressive blown up there. Oh, well. They're making progress, anyway. Eventually we'll get a worthwhile G1 update of sorts, in a scale that makes sense.

Arcee = Car mode is nice and the headsculpt is marginally better than iGear's but the huge backpack kills the robot mode.

Chromia = Nice looking toy but I have no idea who the character is and thus no reason to care.

Brainstorm = Not bad at all. Needs a suitcase.

Voyager Prime = Another day, another crappy Prime toy :lol

Bombshell = OK. But I'll wait for someone to make Masterpiece Insecticons.

Powerglide = Better than Hasbro's last couple of attempts but not as nice as the XTransbots one I got for £15.

Megatron = Headsculpt is alright but the rest is Meh.

Armada Megatron = May or may not be accurate ( I have no idea ) but looks fugly.

Was hoping to hear some new masterpiece news...only 3rd party sunstreaker I care about

Next year is combiner focused...
look at that weird primes feet...

there are rumblings he is actually a motor master recolor, for a stunticons set.

Just redone as a prime so there was one to match megatron.

Hmmm..is that Megatron this IDW type of leader class Megatron we haver been hearing for some months now? Or is there a third generations megatron coming (that one and the armada redux being the first two)? Just because I'm not that happy about it. It just looks again too lanky, or at least legs are.

Seems like there won't be an IDW Megatron toy outside of 3rd parties. This WAS rumored to be it, but it seems those rumors panned out to be just about as true those claiming Whirl would be comic based, or Springer FoC.

Is it stupid to think Hasbro/Takara will ever do a masterpiece combiner? I think it's do-able but the question is, do you sell them in a pack, individually, or both like they did with G1?

Is it stupid to think Hasbro/Takara will ever do a masterpiece combiner? I think it's do-able but the question is, do you sell them in a pack, individually, or both like they did with G1?

Takara's designer Shogo Hasui has mentioned on numerous occasions, including at the recent Tokyo Toy Show that he's a big fan of Bruticus and would love the chance to make a Masterpiece version.

This has lead to a lot of premature predictions that it's definitely going to happen but realistically he's probably not the guy responsible for making that decision so it depends how viable Takara's bean counters think combiners are.

If they happen I don't see anyone other than Devastator being first as it's the most iconic and has the least scale issues between the various modes.

I think each Constructicon would be sold individually because if they made them the right scale a box set would be too expensive, it'd be better for most people to spread the cost over a year or so.

Making them tiny like the G1 toys wouldn't be acceptable these days, not when such a big deal has been made about robot mode scale from MP10 onwards.

I think each Constructicon would have to be somewhere between Autobot car height and Seeker height.

EDIT
Planet X Sludge!

I like the idea of a Dinobot with a war hammer! :)

No one will, don't worry.

Big Lots crap.

Any other unannounced MP related news at BotCon, anyone?

:rolleyes2 now I think your just pulling at strings here

Have you seen the other transformers forums? they seem to like it quite ALOT now after the new final head Sculpt is painted in Silver...slap on some reprolabels and this will look bad arse

It's nice, but I really think FansToys will knock it out of the park.

If it wasn't for FansToys, I would consider it, though.

Perhaps not stupid as such, but IMO not that likely. Scale might be a problem and the cost. But who knows, what they do in the future. Though some combiners might be easier to scale, like predacons which are just animals or seacons(?), though deva would also be a really good choice. Maybe they could sell them as a kind of a double packs like the casettes. Though I would rather by the whole lot once, that somehow missing one of the guys and thus being unable to build the big guy, unless I want to be scalped by ebay scalpers etc.

Back