ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DPrime,
I've not used them myself but I've read quite a few references to Captured Prey's service being good at TFW so I think you'll be OK.

Should be, yeah. I guess my only concern is if the figure is just generally flawed in some way... I mean, it looks good, but looks aren't everything.

Totally agree about Krank looking like a Classics design.

So it appears there is not 1 but 2 3rd Party Blasters in the works.

Kapow Toys have a listing up for one from a company called Mega Steel :dunno

Looks beefier than the Unique Toys version...

megasteel4.jpg

megasteel1.jpg

megasteel2.jpg

megasteel3.jpg

Not really liking the head sculpt though.

Hopefully with these on the horizon it might force Takara's hand to get their version out sooner.

Neil

So it appears there is not 1 but 2 3rd Party Blasters in the works.

Kapow Toys have a listing up for one from a company called Mega Steel :dunno

Looks beefier than the Unique Toys version...

megasteel4.jpg

megasteel1.jpg

megasteel2.jpg

megasteel3.jpg

Not really liking the head sculpt though.

Hopefully with these on the horizon it might force Takara's hand to get their version out sooner.

Neil

Yeah, it looks like Blaster:The Teen Years or something :lol

I'll wait for an official one or for Fans Toys to put this into production,

If FT still plan to release this it'll be a while as they have their hands full with Dinobots for the next couple of years.

khai,
It looks VERY awesome! The image just lacks Sunstreaker.

Neither of those look that great, but no doubt a FT version would look a lot better than that old proto. I think Takara will make one sooner than people think, though...

As a collector of G1 designs, I wouldn't care to own this, but I do appreciate the stylistic approach. At least it is interesting, distinctive, and aesthetically pleasing, which is more than I can say for a number of other "interpretations" of G1 characters--both from Has/Tak, and various 3rd parties.

As a collector of G1 designs, I wouldn't care to own this, but I do appreciate the stylistic approach. At least it is interesting, distinctive, and aesthetically pleasing, which is more than I can say for a number of other "interpretations" of G1 characters--both from Has/Tak, and various 3rd parties.

Above all else it's still easily recognisable as G1 Blaster. If I still had a Classics display I'd definitely consider getting one.

I get why companies try and put their own spin on familiar designs but I think sometimes they end up going too far from the source material....it's one of the reasons I went off FansProject even though they got me into the whole 3rd party thing with City Commander.

I like the FT design rather than the other ones shown, as it depicts Blaster in a more G1 style. All I ask is for it to have more articulation and not be a brick like g1 was.

I like the FT design rather than the other ones shown, as it depicts Blaster in a more G1 style. All I ask is for it to have more articulation and not be a brick like g1 was.

The FT headsculpt is the main problem in that proto. I'm sure they'd go with something much more cartoon accurate if they put one into production, though.

A spring loaded gimmick seems pretty out of place with an MP figure. It isn't like kids are gonna have these guys "fighting" each other like we did when we were kids. But if it doesn't hurt the aesthetic, then it doesn't really matter.

On another note, I got the official MP-11 Starscream re-release a few weeks ago, and just opened him up tonight. I was on the fence about it because I was pretty happy with the repaint I got last year, but there is something to be said about having a stock figure of my single favorite Transformer. The molded gray plastic does come off as a bit cheapish in relation to my repaint, but this one is nice and clean with no paint slop, and of course he has the cool "King Starscream" accessories, though I don't guess I'll ever pose him with them. Cool figure. Worthy Masterpiece incarnation of Starscream, which I never 100% felt about the US MP-03 release back in the day, even though I did really like that figure for what it was.

Hail Megatron!! Quakewave has got to be my favorite 3rd party. Glad I finally picked him up.

IMG_7071.JPG

IMG_7073.JPG

IMG_7074.JPG

IMG_7079.JPG

I thought exactly the same when I read that...cannot wait

Nice to see more use of the Nissan Mold :)

Neil

It could also be all silver like the G1 toy, which I wouldn't be quite as enthusiastic about but I'd still buy.

I ordered Generations Whirl from Kapow yesterday, my one Hasbro purchase for the year.

I initially wasn't 100% on it due to the pics I'd seen where it seemed to have the Bayformers chicken leg thing going on but you don't have to pose them like that so it'll look nice with my other Wreckers.

Kapow Have Huff in hand and should finish sending them out by tomorrow !!!

He will soon be replacing my Igear Brawn in my display :yess:

Bob

Back