ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
becuase hasbro would need to get their own liscense with nissan.
They Already didn''t do it with Lamborgini to bring sideswipe To the US.

IF hasbro had ANY plans to do so, they had THREE opportunities to do so.

Botcon - No mention of the autobot cars AT ALL

SDCC - No mention of the cars AT ALL

Hasbro investor day - NO mention of the autobot cars at all.

No reason to think they ouwld pay for the liscense to bring over the Nissans, either.

DOn't expect to see any of the Car bots from hasbro.

Not gonna happen. Import the japanese versions if you want them.

becuase hasbro would need to get their own liscense with nissan.
They Already didn''t do it with Lamborgini to bring sideswipe To the US.

IF hasbro had ANY plans to do so, they had THREE opportunities to do so.

Botcon - No mention of the autobot cars AT ALL

SDCC - No mention of the cars AT ALL

Hasbro investor day - NO mention of the autobot cars at all.

No reason to think they ouwld pay for the liscense to bring over the Nissans, either.

DOn't expect to see any of the Car bots from hasbro.

Not gonna happen. Import the japanese versions if you want them.

Personally for me its way to early to tell. There was no way Hasbro was going to mention any of this stuff as Takara versions havent even been released yet. From what Ive seen it takes Hasbro MP's a while to come out after the Takara versions. Id be jumping the gun saying there is no chance at all,maybe in a years time if we dont see anything. Also correct me if Im wrong but isnt a nissan licence something Hasbro has obtained in recent years? like with the bay movie toys? I honestly have no idea as I hated that mess,but swear Ive heard it probably wouldnt be a problem to get a licence from them. Either way I like to stay positive about these things,it may or may not happen and wont effect me either way. But for some this is the only way and I hope they get a chance.

For sure getting the takara versions. For about $75.00, its really not that bad. If they do decided to release a US version..we will be looking at about $60 ($66 after tax). $10.00 is not worth the wait.

Highly recommend this if you are a fan of Superion

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i_al-V-9Yc[/ame]

Personally for me its way to early to tell. There was no way Hasbro was going to mention any of this stuff as Takara versions havent even been released yet. From what Ive seen it takes Hasbro MP's a while to come out after the Takara versions. Id be jumping the gun saying there is no chance at all,maybe in a years time if we dont see anything. Also correct me if Im wrong but isnt a nissan licence something Hasbro has obtained in recent years? like with the bay movie toys? I honestly have no idea as I hated that mess,but swear Ive heard it probably wouldnt be a problem to get a licence from them. Either way I like to stay positive about these things,it may or may not happen and wont effect me either way. But for some this is the only way and I hope they get a chance.

Using sideswipe as frame of reference, I'd say it's not to soon to tell.

Also, even i f they have a liscense with nissan for The films, i'm fairly certian they would need a different one ofr the older cars. Takara did.

For sure getting the takara versions. For about $75.00, its really not that bad. If they do decided to release a US version..we will be looking at about $60 ($66 after tax). $10.00 is not worth the wait.

Yeah, this.

And knowing how it goes with TRU MPs, you might end up paying $10+ in shipping and/or scalper markup if (when?) you can't find them.

Worse case scenario - as I always say - if Hasbro versions do come, you like them better (paint apps or whatever), and you can get them at cost, sell the Takara ones - which will likely have risen in value by then. :)

Furyan,
There were no Nissan Transformers in the movies.

Several turned into vehicles made by General Motors or affiliated companies as well as,

Optimus Prime = Peterbilt

Sideways = Audi R8 ( Wasn't licensed for the toy. )

The Ferrari 458 Autobot ( Wasn't licensed and I don't think there was even a toy made with a lookalike alt mode. )

Hasbro have no problem paying out for licensed Bayformers because regardless of what the average G1 collector thinks they will sell a crapload to the kiddies and will get their money back pretty quickly.

With a collector oriented line like the Masterpieces there's no such guarantee as we make up a much smaller share of the market so whilst there's been no definitive comment from Hasbro on the cars, their silence at the last 3 events where they could have clarified their position doesn't really bode well.

Using sideswipe as frame of reference, I'd say it's not to soon to tell.

Also, even i f they have a liscense with nissan for The films, i'm fairly certian they would need a different one ofr the older cars. Takara did.

Now I remember,it was the binaltech/alternators line I was thinking of. Didnt Hasbro (as well as Takara) shell out money to get licences for all those different cars? That was considered a "high end" line at the time that catered more to adult collectors. I still dont see why Hasbro wouldnt do it again.:dunno

Furyan,
There were no Nissan Transformers in the movies.

Several turned into vehicles made by General Motors or affiliated companies as well as,

Optimus Prime = Peterbilt

Sideways = Audi R8 ( Wasn't licensed for the toy. )

The Ferrari 458 Autobot ( Wasn't licensed and I don't think there was even a toy made with a lookalike alt mode. )

Hasbro have no problem paying out for licensed Bayformers because regardless of what the average G1 collector thinks they will sell a crapload to the kiddies and will get their money back pretty quickly.

With a collector oriented line like the Masterpieces there's no such guarantee as we make up a much smaller share of the market so whilst there's been no definitive comment from Hasbro on the cars, their silence at the last 3 events where they could have clarified their position doesn't really bode well.

Ah okay thanks for clearing that up. As I was saying to lerath above,wouldnt there still be a chance considering the Alternators line?

Now I remember,it was the binaltech/alternators line I was thinking of. Didnt Hasbro (as well as Takara) shell out money to get licences for all those different cars? That was considered a "high end" line at the time that catered more to adult collectors. I still dont see why Hasbro wouldnt do it again.:dunno

Ah okay thanks for clearing that up. As I was saying to lerath above,wouldnt there still be a chance considering the Alternators line?

They did, but that was almost a decade ago, production and licensing costs have obviously risen since.

As next year is the 30th Anniversary of the cartoon I think there's an outside chance of an assortment of the cars but with the next movie also being next year it's obvious where Hasbro's focus will be.

Here is the thing. The alternators were considered a "sucsessful failure" by retail. THey sold, but they sold VERY SLOWLY, and in many cases were discounted, and even then languished on shelves for a while.

On top of that, production costs are higher now.

But here is the BIG one. Hasbro no longer cares to caiter to the "collector market" as they say it makes up less than 10% of their total buisness. They will occasionaly " throw collectors a bone" if it dosen't cost them any extra money, but will not go out of their way to do so.

and that comes directly from Hasbro.

WE have ONE LAST chance and that's toyfair in Feb, as next year is the 30th anniversery of the Series.

if we DO NOT hear anything different by then, Expect it to never happen.

NOW, that said, if the rumors about bumble bee NOT being a Volkswagon VW Bug are true, we MIGHT see him.

I'm surprised no one posted this yet. Prowl looks amazing.
WP_20130916_011_1379352739.jpg

WP_20130916_008_1379352739.jpg

Preordering G2 sideswipe has got to be the easiest purchase I have ever, ever done. It looks incredible.

Anyone here preordering the fansproject not-Motormaster? Still on the fence, I have all the other members, but to be honest, I haven't even open them yet.

NOW, that said, if the rumors about bumble bee NOT being a Volkswagon VW Bug are true, we MIGHT see him.

Whoa, where did that rumour come from? Or are you referring to speculation that it might be a chibified, non-licensed Bug?

If it's a totally different car... That's a precedent I really don't want to see in the MP line...

Whoa, where did that rumour come from? Or are you referring to speculation that it might be a chibified, non-licensed Bug?

If it's a totally different car... That's a precedent I really don't want to see in the MP line...

The speculation that it will be a chibified, non-liscensed bug accurate to the original cartoon. That wouldn't require any sort of a Liscense, and as such would be a likely candidate for a Hasbro release.

Back