All Things LEGOS a.k.a. Bricks Anonymous Group (BAG)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would that be on Ebay or Bricklink? I'm a bit hesitant to spend that much money, even if it's retail price on a set that's opened.
I bought the Mega Bloks Blackhawk open and used on Ebay, despite being listed as complete, it was missing quite a few pieces and included a Lego block. At least I paid about a third of retail price on it.

I've seen em (built) for very close to retail on both. That's a good point about potential missing pieces. I haven't purchased a built/opened set yet but if I did I would probably make sure to build it relatively soon after purchase to ensure I would be within the protection window should pieces be missing.

If the B-Wing is a favorite of yours I would act sooner than later. I think it was a very slow seller for LEGO hence the 50% off sales. Because of that I don't foresee them revisiting this ship. Now that they're all gone however it will only climb in value. It is a lot though. All these damn irresistible Star Wars ships are.

I've seen em (built) for very close to retail on both. That's a good point about potential missing pieces. I haven't purchased a built/opened set yet but if I did I would probably make sure to build it relatively soon after purchase to ensure I would be within the protection window should pieces be missing.

If the B-Wing is a favorite of yours I would act sooner than later. I think it was a very slow seller for LEGO hence the 50% off sales. Because of that I don't foresee them revisiting this ship. Now that they're all gone however it will only climb in value. It is a lot though. All these damn irresistible Star Wars ships are.

Spot on. I've missed some great ships because I wanted to wait them out or thought they would be cheaper later. Then I found out they became rare!

There's also the possibility that some of the hard to find sets for sale (at least on Ebay, I don't know if Bricklink has some buyer protection) are Lepin Sets. For those that don't know, Lepin is a company that makes copies of Lego sets and sells them really cheap under the brand name Lepin.

Looking on Ebay, I found someone selling a "UCS" B-Wing for $200, upon closer inspection, the auction states that it is a "high quality full set replica of 'LEGO Star Wars B-Wing Starfighter (#10227)'" so they are at least covering their ass if someone buys it and didn't read teh fine print.
I've heard that Lepin sets can have some clutch problems, missing pieces, poorly replicated stickers and mini figures -fyi.

Here's a review of the Lepin copy of Lego's UCS Shuttle Tydirium:

I'd have to sell some stuff to get that right now. My hobby allowance can't take that as I'm still recovering from NECA TMNT.

I'd have to sell some stuff to get that right now. My hobby allowance can't take that as I'm still recovering from NECA TMNT.

It will likely sell out quick and be in short supply for Xmas but will come back and be available for at least 2-3 years.

36098377964_1e7e8c6cf8.jpg
36124174843_fe0cf88b06.jpg

I love the look of it and I wasn't buying lego when the first one was released so this is an absolute must for me. Probably a tough call for folks who have the old one whether or not this is worth the upgrade.

Should've had printed pieces instead of stickers at this price point. Hope they make a new TIE Advanced ucs set.

Should've had printed pieces instead of stickers at this price point. Hope they make a new TIE Advanced ucs set.

Stickers :slap Lego being lego. At least some of the key parts like the cockpit are prints.

And yeah I want the advanced tie, Tantive IV, and star destroyer. Huge At at would be awesome but I don't think it's likely.

Well this looks fantastic as expected. Just....way....too....much....money!
I could instead for $400 buy the Bandai Perfect Grade 1/72 scale Millennium Falcon Model kit which....is....just....unprecedented....perfection!
I know, they're different things, but no one has ever made a more accurate Falcon than the Perfect Grade.

Stickers :slap Lego being lego. At least some of the key parts like the cockpit are prints.

And yeah I want the advanced tie, Tantive IV, and star destroyer. Huge At at would be awesome but I don't think it's likely.

That's something that I hate about Lego. They have so much money and market dominance for not just brick toys but ALL TOYS , and yet short change kids by forcing them to use stickers that are hard to place and can easily get dirty and peel away. At the very least they should include two or three sticker sets so that kids can replace them when they get dirt, hair, and carpet fibers stuck to them!

Mega Construx is ALL prints now, no more damn stickers! :yess:

Well this looks fantastic as expected. Just....way....too....much....money!
I could instead for $400 buy the Bandai Perfect Grade 1/72 scale Millennium Falcon Model kit which....is....just....unprecedented....perfection!
I know, they're different things, but no one has ever made a more accurate Falcon than the Perfect Grade.

I would be buying that too if I knew how to paint.

Back