All Things LEGOS a.k.a. Bricks Anonymous Group (BAG)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just saw that Di$ney sent some kind of cease and desist to Jangbricks to take down the SW The Last Jedi Lego sets he legally purchased and reviewed on YouTube:

Fu$$ Force Friday.

Seriously, wtf is that noise? Jangbricks is easily my favorite Lego reviewer and in my opinion the most professional. Really sucks to see him have to deal with this.

From Jangbricks:

1) The claim email is real, not a scam or prank, and not from an impostor.
2) To folks suggesting that I "fight," you do not understand. LEGO or Disney can next issue fraudulent copyright strikes against my YouTube channel & Twitter account, fraudulent DMCA takedowns against my web host, get me blacklisted by Google search, etc., all outside of the legal system. I would then have to sue them for all of those illegal wrongdoings and the losses they caused, plus legal fees. It would be months of life-destroying hardship, and realization of that risk is what they are banking on.
3) Per my comment policy listed in the video description, completely inappropriate posts will be deleted.
4) Please NO calls to "boycott lego" or other such crazy threats. Two illogical wrongs don't make a right, and as stated in the video, I don't believe LEGO is the true originator of this claim, they've just put it into their own words and delivered it.

Extremely disappointed in LEGO/Disney.

Disney has put forth a whole bunch of marketing spend to make sure all the TLJ stuff is revealed on a certain date. It takes cooperation from tons of marketing partners to get it all done.

It's a waste of their efforts to just let these things go. They have to protect their interests/investments.

It's just like we see with C&Ds for whatever offshoot brand comes out of Customs. These companies want money for their licenses, they can't just "allow" companies to make figures based on their IP without at least making it look like they're trying to stop it. Otherwise, their brand is worthless.

If large retailers see these toys break street date often enough, they won't care anymore and Disney's efforts will be meaningless.

Disney has put forth a whole bunch of marketing spend to make sure all the TLJ stuff is revealed on a certain date. It takes cooperation from tons of marketing partners to get it all done.

It's a waste of their efforts to just let these things go. They have to protect their interests/investments.

It's just like we see with C&Ds for whatever offshoot brand comes out of Customs. These companies want money for their licenses, they can't just "allow" companies to make figures based on their IP without at least making it look like they're trying to stop it. Otherwise, their brand is worthless.

If large retailers see these toys break street date often enough, they won't care anymore and Disney's efforts will be meaningless.

That's all understandable but wouldn't the real issue here be vendors breaking street dates? Were these sets supposed to come out on Force Friday? If so why are so many vendors putting them on the shelves before then?

Then I suggest they target the retailers who break street dates instead of one of the single most professional/exceptional promoters of their products. Jang legally bought the sets and simply did reviews on youtube. if this made it to court he would win all day, everyday.

I get that Disney doesn't want media coverage of these just yet, but they needed to target the retailers rather than react to this guy in the manner they did.

That being said, I'll still be headed to a few stores this Friday to look at all the new toys. I need to get a couple of Funkos as well.

The ultimate goal is to sell toys, Jang does more to sell SW Lego than the stupid Force Friday marketing gimmick.
Di$ney should just say "oh well", and leave it be, instead they're threatening him over the stupid marketing gimmick FU which really has nothing to do with him and getting a negative reaction from fans as a result.

Last edited:
A ten minute video about a vague picture of a box. :lol
I'd love to put one together, but no way in hell could I afford the UCS Falcon!

I'm kicking myself about passing on the UCS B-Wing, I love that ship and could've probably afford that one.

I'm kicking myself about passing on the UCS B-Wing, I love that ship and could've probably afford that one.

If you don't mind that it's been opened and built they can be had for original retail price on aftermarket. I even saw a sealed one (slightly crushed box) go for about $230.

B-wing was on sale for $99.99 once on may the 4th. I bought one but clearly should have bought the limit which was 5 I think.

If you don't mind that it's been opened and built they can be had for original retail price on aftermarket. I even saw a sealed one (slightly crushed box) go for about $230.

Would that be on Ebay or Bricklink? I'm a bit hesitant to spend that much money, even if it's retail price on a set that's opened.
I bought the Mega Bloks Blackhawk open and used on Ebay, despite being listed as complete, it was missing quite a few pieces and included a Lego block. At least I paid about a third of retail price on it.

Back