All Things ANIME

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watched Evangelion 2.22 last night. Loved it, now to get my hands on more. :clap

My favourite of the 3 movies thus far. Eva 3.0 was a bit of a cluster*****k to watch, at least imo. It's be interesting how Anno will tie everything together though with the final installment. When will that come out? Who knows.

I have the kenshin box set and haven't finished it

I haven't finished it either. I kinda lost interest after the Kyoto arc. There was a live action movie that came out in Japan couple of years ago that I recommend looking up.

I'm lazy. :lol

I know it gets awesome at the end, but yeah, I have no good excuse.

(Just like I've stopped watching Death Note....:lol)

Dude, you have to finish watching those. :thwak :lol

Ninja Scroll will forever be my favorite anime movie ever.

I have a few different animes on DVD, Goldenboy, Vampire Hunter D, Perfect Blue, NightWalker, City Hunter, Ghost in the Shell, Neon Genesis, Wrath of the Ninja, Judge, but, those were all just basically random anime movies/shows that I bought one DVD each of just to watch on a night a long time ago. My anime of choice is Sailor Moon. Been a fan since 1995, still watch the entire series in order, never gets boring to me. I have all the episodes in both English and Japanese, a plethora of stuff like figures, sharpeners, wands, posters, bags, shirts, hats, you name it....since 1995 (when it debuted in NA), I've been collecting. I love the creativity of it. I was 12/13 in 1995, the only anime I had ever seen at that point was DragonBall, and I didn't even know it was called anime, I just saw it as a cartoon, nothing more. Didn't even know it was Japanese originally, and I didn't follow the show much, just watched it once in a while if I caught it in the morning. When Sailor Moon came out, I was so obsessed with it (still am, tbh), so I learned about anime.

I love the story and the characters, I just think the show is so creative with how they transform, their past lives, their future lives, how someone like Usagi/Serena could be such a baby but ends up being a respected Queen, and a Princess from the past....Just to see the difference in lives she lives as royalty and as a regular kid. I've never felt as attached to characters as I did watching Sailor Moon. Just drawings, but, I cared what happened to them, I cared about their relationships, I felt emotions...I haven't found a lot of shows that could do that for me, as sissy as that stuff probably sounds.

Anyone see the new Berserk? I have the first one and will probably definitely finish the series, just wondering if anyone had seen it.

I loved the original anime, but it ended on such a depressing cliffhanger. :lol
The new movies are really good and touch on some things not in the original anime. That said, the manga is still superior to both imo.

Anyone see the new Berserk? I have the first one and will probably definitely finish the series, just wondering if anyone had seen it.

This reminds me, I need to pick the second one up. Loved the first one.

Its all right alot is left out.
I loved the original anime, but it ended on such a depressing cliffhanger. :lol
The new movies are really good and touch on some things not in the original anime. That said, the manga is still superior to both imo.
the manga Imo is the best nothing touches it
This reminds me, I need to pick the second one up. Loved the first one.

The first was ok they left key things but those are films would be better as a anime series again.

Glad to see some berserk fans on here .

yeah like I said I had the original anime box set and not really sure why but I ended up trading it in. I regret doing that now, but since they re-did them into 3 movies I plan on getting them all now. I love Berserk and honestly have only read the first book in the manga series. So as far as my knowledge goes its mostly from the cartoon and from back in the day when Dreamcast had the video game from long ago. I think that was the first time I actually seen Guts and just referred to him as the guy with the giant sword.

yeah like I said I had the original anime box set and not really sure why but I ended up trading it in. I regret doing that now, but since they re-did them into 3 movies I plan on getting them all now. I love Berserk and honestly have only read the first book in the manga series. So as far as my knowledge goes its mostly from the cartoon and from back in the day when Dreamcast had the video game from long ago. I think that was the first time I actually seen Guts and just referred to him as the guy with the giant sword.

Awesome .First i was introduced to berserk was, I want into a anime store and saw the Japanese version on the Tv.
All I saw was nothing but blood and carnage turned out that was sacrificial ceremony and Been hooked since .I feel guts is the best anime character of all time cause of his back story and the guy that he is .

Finished FMAB great series one of the best.

Is fate/stay night any good?

Last edited:
FMA:B ranks up there with the best!

Fate/Stay Night is pretty good. But I loved Fate/Zero, which is the prequel. Probably go for Night first than Zero. Only because animation quality is amazing on F/Z compared to F/S, which is a few years older (but still very good).

As for right now, I'm really digging Hunter x Hunter, Samurai Flamenco, and Kyousagiga so far. Actually there seems to be a lot of good shows starting up this season.

Finished FMAB great series one of the best.

Is fate/stay night any good?

FMA:B has to be one of my best Anime's ever.
It was just the complete package, funny, tons of action & at times ridiculously Sad...I won't lie I choked up more than once.

I have actually just started to rebuy the original FMA now to go back & rewatch it to see the difference & so that I can actually make sense of the movies ;)

I'm just signing up to Crunchyroll myself so will be getting into some more shows so that I have something to watch other than Bleach.

I'm looking forward to seeing what all the fuss is about Titan ;)
Heard good things about Hunter X Hunter as well so will check that out too.

Neil

Lol I said it before in this thread but I just prefer the first FMA to brotherhood.

FMA:B has to be one of my best Anime's ever.
It was just the complete package, funny, tons of action & at times ridiculously Sad...I won't lie I choked up more than once.

I have actually just started to rebuy the original FMA now to go back & rewatch it to see the difference & so that I can actually make sense of the movies ;)

I'm just signing up to Crunchyroll myself so will be getting into some more shows so that I have something to watch other than Bleach.

I'm looking forward to seeing what all the fuss is about Titan ;)
Heard good things about Hunter X Hunter as well so will check that out too.

Neil

Crunchyroll is it all english dubbed and is it worth it ?

Ok my expert panel of friends.

I am looking for any and all Mazinga / Shogun Warriors related pieces that I can obtain.

Any ideas?

I'm lazy. :lol

I know it gets awesome at the end, but yeah, I have no good excuse.

(Just like I've stopped watching Death Note....:lol)

Trigun leaves ALOT unsaid at the end.

Wolfwood's reserection.
Knives Fate.
What Vash is.
ETC.

GREAT series though.

It just kinda.. Stops.

Shame they don't go into as much detail in the Series of Death note about what happens to a human who dies after using a death note, as they do in the manga.

Back