All Things ANIME

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've watched one or two episodes of it. Not bad at all. I'm always looking for truly funny anime.

Completed Yamato 2199 just a few days ago. Phenomenal remake and worthy of the name Space Battleship Yamato.

I'd say Shin Chan (My personal favorite), Nichijou, Lucky Star, Squid Girl, and I've heard Clannad was really funny.

Clannad. Man that sure brings back memories. Not my usual cup of tea, but I really enjoyed watching that show, as emotionally manipulative as it is. After Story is one of the few shows that I've ever shed tears for. Cried like a girly man. :lol

I really hope the Anime/Asian media section gets approved. Just to navigate through some of the anime related stuff easier.

For funny anime, I'd definitely recommend Blood Lad!!! Since we're all collectors I think we can relate to the main character a bit. I can't remember a series that made me laugh so much. :lol It's pretty short to marathon at 10 eps.

Is anyone watching Kyousagiga right now? I highly recommend giving it a try if you like Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and especially FLCL style-wise.

I'm always looking for truly funny anime.

Any good funny ones out there?

School Rumble was a pretty funny anime. I was actually surprised how much I liked that one. Kind of a guilty pleasure. It was on Netflix but I think they took it off.

Sekirei is pretty cool and has a lot of humor, action and fan service. Netflix just got season 2 in on Netflix.

I've watched one or two episodes of it. Not bad at all. I'm always looking for truly funny anime.

Any good funny ones out there?

The "Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" has great comedy, and sci-fi, characters, eccentricity...This anime/novel is HUGE in Japan. No idea why so many fans Stateside have never heard nor seen it.

haruhi-suzumiya.jpg

The famous Philippine prison even did the dance number from Haruhi! :lol

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Xx4tszZ-DE[/ame]

Good news for Saint Seiya fans, the Sanctuary Chapter saga is on itunes under three volumes for now, even the whole complete manga vol 1-28 is there with 28 being released May 20th, hoping they extend to various franchises of Saint Seiya manga, but seeing Saint Seiya in iTunes was an instant buy, I have the dvd boxsets that was released ten years ago from japan, but my region 2 dvd player broke, so this works wonders!!!

Yea we have a lot to look forward to this summer. Sword art online 2, Akame ga kill, tokyo ghoul, sailor moon reboot and more.

It's been awhile since I've watched a good anime. Any recommendations?

off the top of my head some semi recent favs I think passed under most people's radar:
Jormungand- similar to Black Lagoon
Mushibugyo- Edo period Samurai setting meets Starship Troopers, very stylistic
Gyakkyō Burai Kaiji Ultimate Survivor - 2 seasons, incredibly intense show about a gambler betting his life to get out of debt from the mob
Tiger and Bunny- Show about superheroes with corporate sponsors, don't let the name put you off.
Steins;Gate- because I have to say Steins;Gate

Also Hajime No Ippo just finished its new season, the show is a brilliant masterpiece- but try to watch from the beginning

"Any good funny ones out there?"

Hajime no Ippo is hilarious, this last season I actually fell off the couch

School Ghost Stories "dubbed version"- the studio took a mediocre Japanese anime and had some great English voice talents go to town dubbing it Mystery Science Theater style adding weird sound effects, goofy voices, jokes and a billion pop culture refs

Martian Successor Nadesico and Yakitate! Japan also very funny

Robotech- Macross
Started me on anime. Loved Tranzor Z on afternoon tv and of course..Speed Racer

Ghost in the Shell series and movie
Akira
Anything Miyazaki(sp?)

Back