Aliens USCM Squad build

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right sprayed up the first set...using vallejo Gunship Green..... looks a wee bit wrong... but I am comparing it to the HT armour.. also I think it will have a black wash over it to dull it down..

The armour consists of about 22 separate parts...

colonial%20marines%2026.jpg

colonial%20marines%2027.jpg

Well I have started the cammo.... and man it looks...... S***.... so unbelievably pooooohhhhh :(.. will post pics in a bit and we can all have a giggle!!

The green looks too bright. I've not used the Vallejo paints, only had good reviews from 1/1 on the Tamiya paints. It's what 99% of us on the Aliens Legacy Forum use.

I've got Humbrol paint swatches that I just took to the local Hardware store and had them mix some up. Pint-sized, it lasts a long time.

Mark, I can take pics of my 1/6th armor if you like and send 'em to you.
Painting the camo patterns is a bit tricky, but I kinda like it, whether it's 1/6th or 1/1.

I've got a buddy working on 1/6th graffiti for the past year, if I can get him to finish it, and get a few more sets - I'll get some for ya bro.

Those black washes will dull the whole thing down, and knock the green back, s'gonna look fine.

Lookin' good Dorg , how are you fixed for Aliens ? I've a ( damaged ) Hot Toys Alien(s) Warrior that I might be persuaded to part with . Pm me if you're interested .:wink1:

TG have you any pics of the Alien :)[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

My Alien stuff is in the loft , so I'll try and get to it over the weekend . The warrior has a broken knee and elbow , which I superglued into place , so it looks o.k and has at least some articulation ! I bought two of the beasts and both suffered some breakage , so I swapped the broken limbs about so that I at least had one that had all the working bits . I ended up so paranoid about them breaking further that I put them into storage ! I had no such problem with the other Xenos , but you probably know about the history of the "Aliens " Warrior anyway . Pics as soon as I dig him out .:wink1:

cool Thunder Pants cant wait...
right I have bought a lot of diffeernt paints :) from Tamiya, humbrol and vallejo... so I think we can get it sorted..

I will also post some pics of the spare armour I have. some of it is clean and some of it will need cleaning....pm me if you are interested :)

Dorgs - There's a technique you might play with for your camo.

Oil based paint will float on the surface of water. Take a part that's primed and preped and submerge it in a shallow dish of water. Spray a few acrylic colors on the surface of the water and stir gently. Slowly raise the part straight up through the water and the pigmets will grab the surface. Let dry and then spray a protective barrier on part.

Dorgs - There's a technique you might play with for your camo.

Oil based paint will float on the surface of water. Take a part that's primed and preped and submerge it in a shallow dish of water. Spray a few acrylic colors on the surface of the water and stir gently. Slowly raise the part straight up through the water and the pigmets will grab the surface. Let dry and then spray a protective barrier on part.

Ooh that sounds so clever i'd love to try that 1 day :)

wow that sounds like fun :)

Here is my second USCM which I am slowly piecing together..., the webbing and buckles takes ages :)

colonial%20marines%2028.jpg

colonial%20marines%2029.jpg

The spare armour I have looks like this... as you can see the white resin over casts needs removing on the unclean armour.

colonial%20marines%2031.jpg

On the other armour which I have undercoated some bits I have cleaned off most of the over cast.

colonial%20marines%2030.jpg

So I have finished the leg armour on my big guy... I have put Vaquez on a TT slim and given her some blue tai boobs for the mo...she will be armoured up like the rest of the squad....I have Swapped Drakes body with a TT muscle bod.....

All the squad have alien killer uniforms on except the second in from the right...

colonial%20marines%2032.jpg

Good idea to use a male body for Vas. Thinking I might switch mine out for a BL body, actually. It's shorter, plus has muscular arms.

Respect for casting and piecing together all that armor. Sounds like a royal pain.

Right wee up date...

finally got all the paints I THINK...

Also pieced together my 3rd marine and I am atlas beginning to get the hang of it.

I have not got a smart gun for Vas so I popped her in some reg armour.
I used a TTSlim and did some domestic implants and a wee sex change..
I also warmed the chest plate up and it goes all flirty flopsy (like me, NURSE) and I then I moulded it around her boys a bit... just to give it a subtle difference to the bloke chest armour... then I had a lay down..

colonial%20marines%2033.jpg

colonial%20marines%2034.jpg

colonial%20marines%2035.jpg

Back