Aliens USCM Squad build

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dorgmal Snow

Super Freak
Reaction score
well me old mate Feroze I love Aliens and we have always wanted to get some of the HT ones.... but with prices that are through the roof and stuff I decided to have a bash at making a few for us.....

I started by actually buying a complete marine... I was really lucky and got a hicks for a good price... I was also given a Apone head by a good mate....

then I bought some of the alien killer sets for the wraps and uniforms...

Colonial%20marine2.jpg

Feroze bought a Vasquez and I bought a Drake... I also was given a Darren Carnell Ripley head which is ace.... and another really good friend sorted me out with Hudson and Hicks head.....

Colonial%20marine3.jpg

Next up I started making the moulds for all the armour.... and chuff in nurse there is a lot of parts to the set!!!!

I also managed to get a complete set stripped down which was great....

Casting it is a real tough one... as the armour is so thin the moulds have to be warmed and then the resin poured and then warmed whilst it is cuing as some parts are so small they do not create enough heat to cure on there own.. There is also a very high miscast rate to... but thats cool as we want our marines pretty damaged....

Colonial%20marine4.jpg

once we had some good casts and knew it was gonna work... I just got cracking...

Colonial%20marine1.jpg

Colonial%20marine5.jpg

Colonial%20marine7.jpg

I am off to Feroze on Monday to do some work for him.... but come the evening...... we have to start piecing this lot together..... its gonna drive me insane.......

Colonial%20marine8.jpg

Will take pics as soon as we start :)

You are driving me insane with the possibility of making a custom Colonial Marine squad!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yess::yess::yess::yess:

Yeah, that's some pretty crazy molding and casting work there. Great stuff. I have the whole set of these guys sitting in a box in the closet. Need to get to them at some point.

:) ow I will keep taking shots. I will post pics of Feroze and me pulling our hair out tomorrow night tring to piece together a couple of sets.... What am I on about... I don't have any hair! I can tell you this.... There will be much cussing they are so fiddley.

Right I have arrived at ferozes and fixed his plumbing and now hi-jacked his mac :)

so with a few jobs done... dinner being cooked and we are ready for this evenings work.....

Colonialmarine9.jpg

Colonialmarine10.jpg

Colonialmarine11.jpg

not much work done... Feroze has been gasin to his neighbour... so Rav has stepped in.. and she is way more use than him any way....

Rav and I have only managed to do two shins.........Mark.

Colonialmarine12.jpg

Colonialmarine13.jpg

Colonialmarine14.jpg

Colonialmarine15.jpg

Colonialmarine16.jpg

Colonialmarine17.jpg

That is so out of order... she was chewing my ear off

here we are workin.... honest guv

Colonialmarine18.jpg

I love it! Its like the dream team link up here!
Almost like Pacino and De niro coming together! EPIC :)

Well we are calling it a night. We have just got the shoulder piece to do but it's so chuffin fiddley... But I am lovin it.

Quick note on the Hudson and hicks heads are from my friend mighty figure master Les and I feel so privalaged to have them I can not wait to paint them up :)

Well we are calling it a night. We have just got the shoulder piece to do but it's so chuffin fiddley... But I am lovin it.

Quick note on the Hudson and hicks heads are from my friend mighty figure master Les and I feel so privalaged to have them I can not wait to paint them up :)

Looking fine, damn fine!!

And on the shoulder piece, I've built 7 sets of1/1 USCM armor and I HATE doing the shoulders!!!! Getting them to fit right is a beast. Getting them to line up, putting the holes in the webbing, making sure the elastic coming up from the back of the back plate isn't too damn tight that you can't raise your arms (guess how I figured out that could happen??:exactly:)

Back